Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. Downhill502

Downhill502 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also interested!
  2. Gundy

Gundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am still waiting to hear what they come back with, but it looks like we are getting close to 5 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys and gals. Went for a spirited ride yesterday with a Speed Triple and I led the whole time. Felt compelled to make a showing. Started scraping the stock peg feelers pretty damn fast. Sparks. :dllama: Even with the 370mm shocks etc. Anyhoo Im looking for pegs that give me more cornering clearance and better stability standing offroad. I'm thinking Pivot Pegz Mk 3 but have never used Pivot Pegz before. I know some people swear by em. Any recommendations?

Gratuitous Triumph poseur shot

[​IMG]
  4. Herr Bae M. Vae

Herr Bae M. Vae Insurgent Squirrel

Oddometer:
    Installed and test rode some new Bitubos today. Very plush. A dramatic transformation, as you can imagine. The easy on-the-fly rebound adjustment is really nice.

Attached Files:

5. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all, new to the forum, but just wondering what you all do with air boxes. Have most of you kept them, and do any of you see issues with them filling up after river crossings? Anyone fitted a one way valve to the drain pipe?

Just in the process of completing some modifications to make my new bike more off road ready, but attached are some pics of the one I've just sold...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  6. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a gorgeous bike Wimper, welcome! Sorry I can't help with your questions, I don't cross any rivers on mine...
  7. 9.5isCanadian

9.5isCanadian "Missing a few pieces." Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice ride for sure.
    If the water is that deep, I find another way around or turn back.
    Just my $.02

9 1/2
  8. Bluesforchallah

Bluesforchallah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice looking bike. What foot pegs are those?
  9. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They're Tiger 1200 Accessory footpegs. They're not a direct fit though, and need a bit of machining and fettling to fit... They also move the footpegs back by about 15mm too, as they have a straight clevis, rather than doglegged.
  10. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice bike.

I am in the process of adding the British Customs airbox delete kit. If the water is close to where my airbox resided, I'll look for another route...

I have another question for you...what brand of handlebars and what bend are those?

Cheers!

Jason
  11. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They're just a generic pre-65 trials set. Were pretty comfortable, but were lower and further forward - I'm 6'2" so it didn't really matter.

If you thing this was nice, you should see what I'm dong with the new one... image.jpg image.jpg
    Woundflatout likes this.
  12. Herr Bae M. Vae

Herr Bae M. Vae Insurgent Squirrel

Oddometer:
    Whoa. How long are those Fox Shox?
  13. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can't remember off the top of my head, but they are taking rear wheel travel to about 195mm. Hopefully the fork parts should turn up next week.
    Woundflatout likes this.
  14. b9farm

b9farm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wimper, what seat, fenders and tail light on that scrambler you just sold?
  15. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seat was shaped by me, and covered by Mark @ Dragon Seating near Birmingham, in tan Italian leather. It started as an OE Thruxton seat, levelled from the riders height back.

image.jpg

Mudguards are generic pre-65 mudguards, modified to suit, but going back to the OE mounts, so maintaining the rubber compliance.

Tail light is off a CRF-X 450, about £12 from flea-bay... Bit of aluminium angle iron mounted it to the original seat mounts (seat was on a quick release cable).

image.jpg
  16. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wimper, what forks are you going to fit to match those long shocks?

Any chance you could document your build, I'd would LOVE to raise my scrambler that drastically. Please show us what you come up with!
  17. Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Would. Love to see more details on the build. Especially the forks.
  18. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    Upgraded/personalized my Scram for the past couple months. Even my wife noticed the transformation. Latest installation was a complete Race Tech suspension, front and rear. Next is K&L Lowered Foot Pegs which are out getting anodized (It's nice to have a neighbor who owns a plating company). Also, an Evotech skid plate and oil cooler guard are on the way.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
  19. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wimper,

We try to do a couple river...eh...creek crossings ever weekend! This is me yesterday on the smaller of the two creeks. Mostly everyone has done away with the stock airbox and uses UNI pods or K&N cones, either via the deletion kits or a hackaway job on the stock box. I say mostly, because two weekends ago the one guy with the stock airbox made it out of a deeeeep puddle we were playing around with no problems as well. Never shut off, and no pooled water in the box. The intake point on the stock box is about 4 inches lower than if you were to run the pods/cones...this 'puddle' was at about seat height and both types setups made it through just fine with a huge handful of throttle. Here's a crappy video of that stock airbox going through (towards the end of the video).
    Wimper likes this.
  20. Wimper

Wimper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Forks are going to be WP USD's. I'll post some pics up when I'm done, but I won't have time to do a full build diary - sorry!

TBH it's largely going to be along the lines of the Triumph Tramontana build by the Lopez brothers, with the exception of the inclined shocks (I need to keep two up capability!). If you have a search, you'll dig up the BikeExif article, so that should give some pointers.

Edit: here's the link...
    http://www.bikeexif.com/scrambler