Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. AG421

AG421 Scared... But willing!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. AG421

AG421 Scared... But willing!

Oddometer:
    Speedo is just great - the control button you can see just above the indicator switch:
    [​IMG]
    Information displayed in the LCD Screen is:
    - Gear
    - KM
    - ODO
    - RPM
    - Riding Time
    - Maximum speed

You can have much more, but I've not selected those.
    Here's the manufacture's link: Motogadget

Headlamp:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Actually I was 100% sure on the headlight as it isn't round... But it's growing on me now!

Some more details of the foot pegs:
    [​IMG]
    (Yes I know the rear brake hose is not attached - but hey - No risk no fun!)
  3. bartonbrett

bartonbrett Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Classy looking bike.

Good job!

My wife has the reverse paint of yours, and Im often envious of her black wheels. I think the chrome just looks right on my black bike, but on anything else, black wheels.
  4. Fredicchino

Fredicchino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No Degree, could you care to tell me what brake lights and blinkers you use on the rear ? I love this cleaned up rear. Was it a "plug & play" mod ?
    The rear fender is stock, right ?
  5. Zortose

Zortose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The snorkel is just above the foot pegs. I found this out the hard way riding through deep water on a flooded road.
    Bike just stopped dead. Took on tons of water, sucked it straight into the engine. Luckily, no damage that an air filter change and engine flush couldn't fix.
    Great looking bike btw!
    b0rderman and Wimper like this.
  6. Nerfin

Nerfin An Adventure thats Knarly

Oddometer:
    Feedback appreciated on Arrow 2:1 vs Stock exhaust on the Scrambler. Particularly interested if the overall width is less with the Arrow vs. stock exhaust? I stand a lot on the pegs and the stock exhaust is a bit strange when standing. Considering switching to the Arrow soon. Thanks in advance!

Cheers.
  7. 9.5isCanadian

9.5isCanadian "Missing a few pieces." Supporter

Oddometer:
    I put the Arrow on last year. Absolutely love it though it is much hotter on the leg (only noticeable during stop and stop traffic ......... )
    Sorry but I'm not entirely sure it is narrower than the stock set up.
    9 1/2
  8. Nerfin

Oddometer:
    Thanks 9.5isCanadian. I've decided I'm going for it anyway. Love the sound, weight savings, look and whatever gain there may be in performance. Cheers!
  9. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    I'll give you the rundown on the mods.
    The tail light and the turn signals are British Customs (BC) Retro Series. I used the BC Turn Signal Harness for ease of connection but still had to change the male bullet connectors on the turn signals to match the female bullet connectors on the harness. The tail light was a direct "plug & play". Seat is a BC Slammer.
    All BC stuff purchased from Revzilla. Free shipping and pick up some Revzilla bucks along the way.

AI removed. Bafflectomy performed on the air box. TTP Breathe intake and DNA air filter installed. Rejetted with 138 Mains, 42 Pilots and one shim under the stock (N3RL) needle, 1.5 turns out on Pilot Mixture Screws. I think the shim is going to get removed. Bike runs well now but looking for a bit more crispness on the bottom.

Tires are Dunlop Trailmax TR91. 110/80/19 front and 140/80/17 rear. Already had the front in stock from and old Husky SM610 project so it only made sense to buy the rear which was priced well at $130 shipped.

Front and Rear fenders are stock. I hacked the rear stock muffler support off the frame. For me it took away from the appearance of the build but can easily be welded back on the way I removed it. Running a metal T100 Side Cover on the right side.

Mirror is CRG Lane Splitter LS 2.2. I am a fan of CRG products. Quality stuff. Like I said, K&L Lowered Foot Pegs are coming for these tired old knees and hips. Bars are stock. I like them. About the right height for standing to relieve pressure of another worn out part of my structure and with the new pegs I should be right there ergo wise. I have had some great feedback from other Scram owners on this thread through PMs and such. My Zard Cross Low was purchased from a member, new in the box.

Hope this helps. - Russ
  10. Fredicchino

Fredicchino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Russ, it helps a lot !
    jly51 likes this.
  11. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    Where did you source the headlamp? Make, model, P/N? You said it wasn't round or did I read that incorrectly? Looks round.
  12. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one that prefers the look and sound of the stock exhaust?
  13. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!
    I like the look of the stock exhaust but not the sound. I took the baffles out and I think the bike sounds perfect now. I just wish they weren't so damn heavy but it isn't like I'm running the Isle of Mann or jumping barbed wire anyway.
    mustang likes this.
  14. Dirtysouth

Dirtysouth Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer:

Yes you are.
    Woundflatout likes this.
  15. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, I like them too...although my Scrambler has an Arrow on it...
  16. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe!

I like the look and still have the stock exhaust on my Scrambler. Sure I could pretend that the weight was an issue and use that excuse to buy something that sounds better. The reality is that I need to lose weight far more than the bike does. I do believe that a Triumph 'deserves' to sound just a little bit more 'authoritive' and less like a sewing machine, perhaps some day......

Bruce
  17. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    The weight of the stock pipes is the big issue for me too, but heck I'm not racing or otherwise overloaded. The sound seems to improve after about 10K miles. The sound of a two into one pipe can't compare to dual pipes. Debaffle if you must, but two pipes just sound better to me.
  18. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Speaking of stock pipe look....

I just pulled the trigger on an expensive set of cans. $600 for some damn mufflers! I kept snapping off my stock muffler hanger due to the weight of the stock cans and due to repeatedly negligent selection of Sunday rides. I currently run the VW tips w/ some internal baffles hammered in there. They are a great temporary solution because they don't require the muffler hanger, and they also cost about $30 all-in. But they aren't heat shielded and shorten up that visual 'line' on the bike just a bit too much for my tastes.

These $600 mufflers weigh less than half the stock mufflers (I think that's about right), and come with some baffle options. The big plus for me is that they retain the use of the stock heat shields that cover the full length of the exhaust so I'm not scorching my passenger when we ride or when she gets on and off.

Link to manufacturer site.

Video:

I haven't seen anyone with these pipes on the forums or in person, so I am curious to see how they work. I'll definitely report back...I ride with 4-5 other scrams and we all have different exhausts so it might be time for a comprehensive video that will include:
    1. the stock cans debaffled and plate-drilled
    2. the BC shotguns
    3. the VW tips w/ baffles
    4. the Emgo shorty solution
    5. and my new GPRs.

They will get here in a week or two...fingers crossed
  19. JdYowa

JdYowa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Orange Park, Florida (Outside Jacksonville)
    Looking for cheaper bear claw type foot pegs. Any ideas?
  20. Nerfin

Oddometer:
    Have you looked at K'n L pegs? They are pretty aggressive with lots of grip. Also lowers the pegs by about 5/8" and provides a few choices of peg width. I'm really happy with mine. Cheers!
    Bugchewer likes this.