Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. billyballer

billyballer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That seems like a fair price. I honestly think these early injected Scramblers are going to start moving the other direction price wise. Low miles and unmolested for under $5000 seems like a good bargain. If the valve adjust service has been done even better. But even if not the price seems fair.
    Scooter007 likes this.
  2. DaSwami

DaSwami Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried to use the Hepco Becker C-Bow mount for the Bonneville/T100 just for the left side of the Scram? I like that system and would use it even if just using one bag vs another mounting solution. Thanks.
  3. Motoblag

Motoblag Replacing skill with will

Oddometer:
    Checked an item off my bucket list: visit Sturgis and ride around the Black Hills. More than a couple 100+ degree days. High temps, high engine load and high speeds made 2/3 of a quart of oil disappear in a few days!

sturgis.jpeg
  4. DaSwami

DaSwami Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody? This used to be a hip-happening thread....
  5. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most comments seem to be that it’s a good system but the bags are a bit small. I’d probably get the mounting plates and attached to a larger bag of my choice. I don’t know the weight limits either.
  6. DaSwami

DaSwami Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok but will it work???
  7. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would think so. May need to come up with a plate or something to stiffen up the back of your chosen bag to get the mounting pieces attached. I’ve seen some great leather courier bags that would make great saddlebags with this approach.
  8. motofam2

motofam2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just came across this request and maybe have something that might work . This is the custom system I had made for my 2015 scrambler. 2:1 stainless with an off the shelf super trapp slip on. I used Evan at iron cobras fabrication in long beach Scram A .jpg Scram B  .jpg Scram C .jpg The bike was then upgraded with the Arrow tune for the EFI.
  9. billyballer

billyballer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Motofam,
    That's a good looking custom setup! Just what I was thinking.
    How was the sound and volume?
    Are you selling the setup?

thanks!
  10. motofam2

motofam2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sound is really good
    I will try this weekend to post a video of the bike running
    Sorry I have no plans to sell it at this time
    I may run into Evan this weekend at the Born Free motorcycle show . I can ask him about a second system if that helps
    billyballer likes this.
  11. billyballer

billyballer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would love to hear it. And yeah if you bump into him and don't mind asking that would be great. Otherwise I'll try to reach out to the shop at some point. I wouldn't mind taking a SoCal trip anyway, but especially if I can score a new exhaust.
  12. motofam2

motofam2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sure thing I will keep you posted
    billyballer likes this.
  13. boardforever

boardforever Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have had my 2015 CB500X for 5 years did the Rally Raid kit to make it more adventurey, but FB classifieds have shown me a 2012 Scrambler that the person would consider trading a CB500X for, I have wanted one of these for a long time am I crazy to think about trading my CB for the Scram? 20190611_163844.jpg
  14. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep the CB500 in my opinion. I had a '13 and didn't love it. I now have a '19 1200xc which is a much better adventure riding motorcycle. If you can do both that would better but the CB will be a mote comfy adventure bike for hauling and touring in my opinion.
    5valves and boardforever like this.
  15. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    Despite the powers that be on this forum deciding that the Scrambler is an 'adventure bike' and lumping it in with the Tigers, I would suggest that it is not really one, at least in the 21st century. Other than the high exhaust pipes the Scrambler is what we considered a general purpose motorcycle 50 years ago. It can do lots of stuff reasonably well and I found mine lots of fun to ride (still have it but haven't been able to ride for some time) but it will not be 'the best' at anything. I do think that you should find and ride one (if you haven't already) rather than making the decision based upon us random guys on the internet.

Bruce
    satcen, boardforever and FirstPath like this.
  16. boardforever

Oddometer:
    I will definitely ride one before making any deals, I was just wondering if anyone had experience on both bikes. I understand the inherent drawbacks in a 500 lb retro styled motorcycle when it comes to adventure riding but doesn't mean I don't want to try. :)
    billyballer and Fire Escape like this.
  17. billyballer

billyballer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it greatly depends on what you want to do. Just know it won't be as comfortable or capable, but that doesn't mean it can't do a lot. I've done some pretty long tours in the 2500 mile range on my scrambler, but not really adventure touring, only a few stretches of graded gravel or fire roads in there. However with a windscreen, different bars for me, seat pad, some hand guards and Kriega bags it gets the job done just fine, and definitely turns heads and starts conversations, and you will likely be the only Scrambler riding wherever you go. There is a certain pride and enjoyment in that. And the classic look always makes even the casual passer by willing to ask you about the bike, where that happens much less on something that looks modern. Plus it sounds bitchin and just looks great.
    It doesn't sound like you ride purely for practicality, so I would say if you always wanted one, then when is the next time you are realistically going to buy one? Make your own dream come true. Sounds like now might be the time to jump on it. If it you hate it after a year, sell it and get something else.
    Just my .02
    TriumphRTO and boardforever like this.
  18. swamp

swamp Shut up. Ride.

Oddometer:
    man that is a sweet bike.
  19. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!
    I have had two Scrams. An ‘06 carved model and ‘14 EFI. I loved both bikes. My ‘13 Tiger does nicely but I miss my Scrams. My buddy has an ‘11 with over 90,000 miles. He takes it as far as it will go in to the woods, mud, etc. it depends on the person. To me and Joe....half the fun is seeing what the Scram can do until it can’t. Depends on the person and your definition of adventure. I am 61 and he is 58. My “Scrambler” is now a DR650. I go first...he follows. I stop when I think the Scram might meet its limit. We haven’t turned back around too many times.
    boardforever likes this.
  20. boardforever

Oddometer:
    I brought home the Scrambler on Sunday, it's a 2013 with 2600 miles. I had a great ride home!

20210926_170342.jpg