Triumph Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by tangerine, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Thats the pic I always use also. Apparently Triumph is not risqué enough to put travel on the Scrambler. They will lose a lot of sales to Ducati in 2017.

Triumph could of ruled (or come close) with this bike... but nooooo. Really this one off Scrambler does not have that much travel anyway.
    Game to Ducati.

[​IMG]
  2. ScrambDaddy

ScrambDaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would say yes ! The new water-cooled triumphs have the same modular system as the air-cooled ones.
    The frame with the tank mounting spots is the same ! (except Thruxton) TMO, not 100% sure .....
  3. tangerine

tangerine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello neighbour ;-)

So the 14,5 Liter-tank of the new T100 should fit the Street Twin too. I will ask the dealer in Frankfurt, they should know.

That would mean a range up to 350 km, that would be satisfying for me
  4. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having a super hot exhaust pipe right under ones right leg must be a wee bit unappealing to the masses. Go figure. :dunno
  5. tangerine

Oddometer:
  6. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    There is no remarkable specs to give out is my guess. So why give them out? Maybe slightly better numbers than the previous Scrambler, but all non competitive as compared to the Desert Sled, which IMO blows the Street Scrambler out of the water, except for looks. The Triumph looks the bomb, but it needs to be two inches taller front & rear.
    Face it, Triumph got blind sided.
  7. tangerine

Oddometer:
  8. ScrambDaddy

ScrambDaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This is "Maxacceleration Style" ! I liked his Scram years ago ... :clap
    spartiate and Maxacceleration like this.
  9. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    LOL, thanks ScrambDaddy. All my work and now it looks like a stock bike. :fpalm:-)

A few years ago...

[​IMG]
    spartiate, tangerine and ScrambDaddy like this.
  10. tangerine

Oddometer:
  11. tangerine

Oddometer:
  12. pm9654

pm9654 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the new Scrambler, which seems to be a step up from the old one. I've heard a lot of bashing, which I get depending on what a person is looking for. But hey, it's a street bike that can take the occasional gravel road, and that's fine by me. And it's a great looking bike!
    ScrambDaddy and Maxacceleration like this.
  13. Xeroo

Xeroo sweeet!

Oddometer:
    I like the new street scrambler too but One thing is bugging me
    Its water cooled.. no problem until you tip it over or get a stone in the cooler .my latest bike KTM 690 enduro had problem with the cooler twice and i had big protection . It was an expensive story..

i like this bike but leaning to get a ds
  14. tangerine

Oddometer:
    And that was exactly the old air cooled one: a street bike that can take the occasional gravel road ;-)
  15. tangerine

Oddometer:
    And here the official technical data (according to german pressmap)

suspension travel front and rear 120 mm (where's the difference to the Street Twin?)
    Dry weight is 213 Kilo/470 lbs, so wet should be around 228 kgs, lighter than the air cooled one, but still heavy

Edit: on the british website dry weight is only 206 kgs
  16. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    scram_rear_brake.jpg
    Having spent some time examining the Scrambler in the showroom, there's one thing bugging me as well. Triumph tends to show the right hand side of the bike in photos; and it's easily the better side to look at. If you happen to get up close to the left hand side of the rear wheel, take a look at the brake caliper. It's located right where you don't want it to be (bottom) and has no protection against rocks or debris.
  17. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    Looks like the air cooled Scrambler had 106mm of rear wheel travel (120mm up front). 506 lbs wet. I see a 451 lbs dry listed for the 2010 model also. ...In comparison.
    Triumph followers were hoping for more, but what we get is the same - a street bike that can take the occasional gravel road.
    I hope Triumph sells a boatload of these bikes, but the market is changing. It is a nice bike.
    Want dirt ability? Go XR or XC. I think thats what Triumph is thinking.
  18. George H Hill IV

George H Hill IV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in a Triumph Dealership, unit sales, and I'm the Triumph Champion here. No, not too many people are excited about the Street Scrambler. But the Street Twin series of bikes does fill a void... Bikes for Short In-Seams. For those who are Half-Hobbits, the Street Twin bikes are great. If you are 6 Foot like me, they just feel too small, where the classic Bonnie framed bikes are perfect. I really hope Triumph brings out a new 900HT powered T100 based Scrambler.
    Now, don't discount the Triumph Scrambler's ability to go off road. I used to live in rural Utah in the Uintah Mountains... I've see Triumph Scramblers go up single track roads that would make KTM Enduro riders think twice. They are great motorcycles.
  19. tangerine

Oddometer:
    So George, maybe you can tell is. Will the bigger tank of the new T100 fit on the Street Twin/Scrambler? I would like to have more mileage
  20. snake89

snake89 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ill stick with my Bonnie turned Scrambler. My Triumph w Scrambler seat right.jpg
    Bigboy Pie eater likes this.