1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Triumph Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by tangerine, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Often debated raising the front fender on mine...now I’m in the position of debating if I’m keeping the bike or selling it...otherwise I’d be interested.
  2. Bert Fox

Bert Fox Casual Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd stop where Evan Williams lives too! Best Bottled in Bond value there is!
  3. Bert Fox

Bert Fox Casual Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wolvie, I believe that Knight Design has closed their shop -- they were based in Eugene, OR.
  5. zap2504

zap2504 Dave E.

Oddometer:
    816realbbq likes this.
  6. jwdub

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the correction -- Glad to see that they are, in fact, still in business.
    816realbbq likes this.
  7. Relbmarcs

Relbmarcs n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone not liking that the stock front guard is off the Street Twin and designed for an 18” rim? A few people have raised the guard to disguise that it’s the wrong radius - as well as for other practical reasons of course. This is what I did instead. The guard is off an air cooled Scrambler, is the correct radius and bolts straight on with only very minor adjustment to the bolt holes by slightly elongating them. I did trim it a bit at each end too. Picked it up brand new for $40 from a Dealer selling off old spares.

A5ECB5C5-F20D-4552-8010-4091CA9C813E.jpeg
    816realbbq, Penguin69 and Dakar Dan like this.
  8. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is that Pelican case mounted to the stock rack?
  9. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    It is happening now test riding Street Scrambler 2019...

Attached Files:

10. motoretro

motoretro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's your feedback?
  11. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    It was my first riding a Triumph. it felt strange in the beginning. the bike even for me @ 5 7" felt tiny. I let the clutch rolled the throttle a bit but the bike would not move. I had to wind the throttle a lot more to get go. I liked the sound very much. It felt like a cruising bike. very nice to cruise @ 65mph...above 120km/h was very tough. I like the way scrambler bikes have so clean air flow but then you can't ride beyond 120km/h without getting tired. In the beginning was difficult to adjust my steering input. the bike was so small that I felt that the pegs would touch the tarmac if I lean too much...One negative thing I did not like was the way the exhaust protrudes. it feels a bit annoying and very hot during summer time because you touch the exhaust shield but still hot. If I decided to buy I would install 21-18 wheels to make it a bit higher. The engine was so smooth that I kept 2nd gear until 80km/h and the bike felt like it was normal...I can't imagine how some people go off road with so minimal ground clearance. And I liked the brakes a lot. they were strong with immediate bite. Unfortunately by the time I was getting used of the bike I had to return it to the dealer.
  12. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I was just about to sell my Street Scrambler but at the last minute I just couldn’t go through with it. I really like the bike. With that said, I’d love to see any luggage solutions you may have used to take a road trip. I have a bike that is more suited to travel but I’ve never owned a bike I didn’t travel on some.
  13. motoretro

motoretro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about some soft luggage? I've done a lot of touring with tank bags, throw over bags and a duffel on top. I like the flexibility, lightness, ease of use and it just looks right on a Scrambler type motorcycle.
  14. zap2504

zap2504 Dave E.

Oddometer:
    Several soft luggage/pannier/tail bag/tank bag discussions underway in Equipment; some from unlikely sources (like India).
  15. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, soft bags are what I had in mind. I guess I already own the luggage, I just don’t want to put an extended luggage rack on mine and the tiny rack that comes stock and covers the passenger portion of the seat doesn’t make a great platform to strap a duffel or such to. I thought maybe someone had a creative solution.
  16. Relbmarcs

Relbmarcs n00b

Oddometer:
    Initially I had it on the rack but decided to put it directly onto the base mount. I used a couple of small bolts and flanged lock nuts so it mounted the same way as the rack. Not a Pelican case but similar from Jaycar.

With regard to other luggage, I have a waxed cotton pannier - small capacity but in keeping with the look of the bike. I’ll probably look to see if the new soft pannier for the Scrambler 1200 can be adapted to fit. It’s a lot bigger.

I also have a “scooter” top box, which I hate the look of but is very handy for shopping and/or travel. I mount the mounting plate also in the same way as the rack so it is quick release.

Just for fun really, I bought an old Battle Box which I can pop on and off the same way.

With everything mounting the same way I can easily swap between boxes or put the rack or seat on in a matter of seconds.

Care is needed with mount plate. The 4 bolts that hold it down are positioned in the front corners and half way down each side. This means they provide a pivot point for the back section and with a heavy load can fracture across behind the 2 middle bolts. Mine did, I think due to the bulk of the battle box, so I reinforced it.

24F0876D-9D28-4CEA-84FA-F12E561D83E1.jpeg
    67501D32-52B3-4ED8-8A80-5756195470A9.jpeg

Scooter top box mount plate.
    0926B997-EA8C-4572-B637-AFE924B680F5.jpeg 94CCE23B-4FCD-414B-8B08-1418F7ACA503.jpeg
  17. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That’s good to know.
  18. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200707_180516.jpg
    Anyone fitted one of these single seat/rack from Altrider?
  19. jwdub

Oddometer:
    Can't find the Altrider seat/luggage rack on their site. Do you have a reference?
  20. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: