Triumph Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by tangerine, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Riding Fin

Riding Fin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    About on/off road:

I bought the SS to be my country road companion.
    We have plenty of them, most twisty, bouncy, groovy (not in a good way...) and in general with a rough pavement.
    Been happy with the choise since 2017!

Gravel, gravel-pits and off-road... well, at least the standars bike does not really excel at[/ATTACH] IMG_20201003_154051__01.jpg IMG_20200720_190652__01__01.jpg any of these, but hey, they've ridden cafe racers through deserts...
    Vstrombrit and 816realbbq like this.
  2. Vstrombrit

Vstrombrit Life - you only live once

Oddometer:
    Riding Fin,

the SS900 is a practical, fun and engaging machine. I have been riding bikes for a long time and all I can say is it is one of the best handling bikes I've ever owned. Got mine in February of this year and still loving it.

Stay safe

Dave
  3. RandomGRK

RandomGRK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m looking to do a dirt 101 course at the pine barrens adventure riding school in New Jersey. The most I’ve done in dirt is mostly straight gravel roads.

Investing in some protection. Dresser bars, skid plate, aluminum backed hand guards. A little worried about my gear shift lever as I’ve heard a lot of damage can be done and the dresser bars don’t fully extend passed it. Anyone know how to prevent the lever from hitting if I drop it?
  4. 816realbbq

816realbbq Burnt Ends for life.

Oddometer:
    No.

You can replace the shift lever with something that has a folding tip. The triumphrat forums have some options listed. I used one from a Honda CRF 250 I believe. It’s a little longer, has a folding tip. I don’t know that it’s going to make any difference. These are fragile bikes unfortunately. It’s going to get dinged up and beat up when you drop it.

The SW Motech bars will help but offer less protection to the engine case than the triumph bars. Panniers or luggage will help, but your options aren’t great.

I’ve put brush guards, a skid plate, engine dresser bars, luggage, on my street scrambler. It’s a pretty bike, but it’s not an adv bike. I’m still going to take it for a back road stuff in the summer, but it would have been cheaper to get a purpose built bike instead.
    Emptye and RandomGRK like this.
  5. tangerine

tangerine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. tangerine

Oddometer:
    So there are now Euro 5 Updates for Bonneville and Street Twin, but apparantly not for the Street Scrambler. What does this mean?
  7. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coming April sometime
  8. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am waiting for this as well...

hoping for "slightly" upgraded shock/fork (mostly height, another inch PLEASE) & slightly larger tank (don't get why they gimp the tank on the scram when they can easily put Bonnie size tank on)
    tangerine likes this.
  9. tangerine

Oddometer:
    Do have more informations about the Euro 5 upgrade coming this late. But maybe there are too many Euro4-Street Scramblers still in stock.

Hoping for a larger tank and more ground clearance too, even if its called Street Scrambler. I don't need/want a bigger Scrambler like the 1200 one.

But the updated Street Twin has the same small tank, why should they change it for the Scrambler?
    TimmyTheHog likes this.
  10. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry all that was said is revised Street scrambler details in April.
  11. Paulinthewood

Paulinthewood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Street Scrambler users, be ready for a new recall. The LH control cable WILL BE DAMAGED in all bikes, bad routed.

check yours¡¡¡¡ if you turn to right the handlebar, that cable will be crushed and damaged, you will notice you are unable to move up-down... handlebar center is ok, and to left, too, it´s ok, you can move, to right it´s cutting it with the metal part (and the brake line pressing it). Its happening to ALL ss 2019 and newer.

NOTHING related to the actual recall in headstock...THIS IS DIFFERENT ISSUE.

https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/2019-2020-street-scrambler-street-twin-recall.975273/

[​IMG]