Triumph Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by tangerine, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dyrden

Dyrden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_4872.JPG Found this guy too
    screb and Black Rhino like this.
  2. Scramchez

Scramchez n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a tank bag recommendation for our bikes? I absolutely love the look of the Enduristan Sandstorm range but I'm unsure whether i'd be able to use the attaching rok straps on without it being too near the exhaust. Im after something fully waterproof and ideally with a cable hole that I can run the usb from under the seat into so I can keep things charged.
    Enduristan USA likes this.
  3. Dyrden

Dyrden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_4903.JPG
    They thought it was funny.
  4. MiamiMotorcyclist

MiamiMotorcyclist used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer:
  5. MiamiMotorcyclist

MiamiMotorcyclist used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer:
    We should have zip tied the barriers together though.
  6. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    May have missed it but I'm just curious if any of you are previous model Scrambler owners and how you would compare the two. I had a 2010 that I wish I had not sold. I'm bike poor right now but that never stops me from dreaming!
  7. Gibber

Gibber Lonely road rider

Oddometer:
    Took the scrambler on it's first camping trip this weekend. Good times! Found an amazing lakefront campsite in the north cascades.

The scram handled all the conditions I could throw at it - hauling gear, dirt roads, gravel, highway. I would just zip through several off road places where my buddy on his Tenere hesitated to go. I'm having a blast on this bike! 20170604_085514.jpg 20170604_074328.jpg
  8. klantbo

klantbo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked up mine today :) loving it!

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    TannerLdJ123 and Dyrden like this.
  9. Enduristan USA

Enduristan USA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Scramchez - the Sandstorm 4H tank bag would be a great option for your Scrambler, but you're right to consider placement of the ROKstrap near the exhaust. If you can't generate enough air gap between the exhaust and the ROKstrap, some type of heat insulating material should help it last - something like a spark plug boot heat sleeve.

Best of luck!

Jason
  10. Scramchez

Scramchez n00b

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks Jason. Will be putting it on the list!
  11. mjfields_228

mjfields_228 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida Lime and Gibber like this.
  12. Gibber

Gibber Lonely road rider

Oddometer:
    Good looking bike, congrats on the new purchase!
  13. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    I am one week in with my newest Scrammy and bad weather, work and 2 days being sick kept me off it more than I wish. But I got 2 great rides in this weekend and I truly love the bike. It is pure joy to wander around aimlessly on!!!

[​IMG]IMG_2435 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2436 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
  14. Dyrden

Dyrden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_5244.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3791.JPG So it's been raining in Florida pretty much non stop. So when we got a little break in the weather tonight we took advantage. "Midnight scramblin"
  15. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    I need MORE Hours and More Days of the week to enjoy this wonderful Moto!!! Only up to 550 miles now--fucking pathetic for me.

I will not torture everyone here with my Heated Grip Installation Fail story (aka "Unsuccessful -- Attempted" Installation by the Dealer). But the one very good thing that happened this week I shall share. I ordered a Joker Machine Billet Gas Cap but it for an earlier Model Year (just the top piece) in hopes that it would still work with my 2017. Upon my attempt to mate the Billet Top part with the lower half of my OEM (it is all held together with a snap ring) the parts did not fit correctly together. So I ordered a used gas cap from a 2014 Scrammy off of FleaBay for $20 or some such shit and robbed the lower half out of it and it fit the Joker Machine Billet just fine. It screws into the tank just fine and after a 50 mile ride this evening it does not seem to be leaking. Win-Win!!! I'll shut up now and post some pictures!!!

[​IMG]IMG_2631 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2620 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2628 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2625 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2622 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2619 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2627 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2624 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2621 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2626 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_2623 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
  16. Dyrden

Dyrden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's fancy! I had some joker parts on my CB750.
  17. Black Rhino

Black Rhino Closer to Dairy Queen than Steve McQueen.

Oddometer:
    Wait.....I didn't think heated grips and Florida went together. :dunno :D
    Trip Hammer likes this.
  18. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    Very true 99% of the time while in Flatstaniaville. However, when I venture to other places.......

[​IMG]IMG_1353 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_0253 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
    LostViking and Black Rhino like this.
  19. Black Rhino

Black Rhino Closer to Dairy Queen than Steve McQueen.

Oddometer:
    Yeah , I was just poking at you. Born in Fl. myself , but migrated a little north to Georgia. I make it to the cooler areas myself when I can , and as a year round rider , would likely use them at least a couple months out of the year if I had them on my Tiger.
    Me on Ophir Pass in late August last year , it was cold up there. Hotter than 4 hells when we left Georgia.......
    Colorado and misc 047.JPG
    roadkilt likes this.
  20. mjfields_228

Oddometer:
    I am heading up to one of my favorite places in the western North Carolina Region for a week of quality time with the Triumphs!!!

What is the Yamahammer doing sneaking along for the fun you ask?!?!?! I have owned it since Dec 2016 and maybe squeezed 200 miles out of it. It has an electrical gremlin that 2 different shops were unable to reproduce nor were they able to repair it. The bike just dies. Under all sorts of conditions--->from starting it while it is still cold all the way to blasting down the road in 6th gear doing 90mph. Sometimes I can get it started in 3 or 4 kicks. Sometime I give up after 100. Why it never happens while one of the mechanics is riding it is because the bike fucking hates me!!! So I am leaving it with a trusted mechanic in Robbinsville, N.C. and he will try to figure it out over the next few months. I will be back over Thanksgiving and will hopefully pick it up then fully operational and trust worthy. Enough of the long flipping side story!!!!!

This TT (Triumph Trip) is going to be a perfect balance of Triple Hooliganism and mature Parallel Twin enjoyment. I had the Speed Triple up they in April and love it. I know for 100% certainty that the Scrambler will provide me with mega smiles for many miles. Can't wait!!! And yes I will post a picture or dozens here when I have uplink in the evenings.

[​IMG]IMG_2644 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr