1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Triumphs in Taos & BMW Bavarian Weekend in Sipapu New Mexico 9/11/15 - 9/13/15

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by i40texasbrewer, Sep 3, 2015.

1. i40texasbrewer

i40texasbrewer Ride The World

Oddometer:
    Anyone from here attending these? Me, my wife and two of our friends are attending.

My wife and I are staying at the kachina lodge in Taos for the triumph rally BBQ is at the lodge, Saturday evening. Our friends (who ride triumphs) are camping rough near Sipapu for the BMW event but will also attend the triumph event 45 minutes away.

Never been before. Never been to any rally actually. We are normally dispersed camp riders, doing our own thing. We are hoping this will be fun. I do not know what ride routes will be offered, but am going to give it a try.

It would be fun to meet anyone from here who plans on attending.
    MaNDan likes this.
  2. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    while I've never been to either event, the area around Taos is amazing, and you'll have a weekend with motorcycles, food, drink, and wonderful scenery! How bad can it be?
  3. Navamo1

Navamo1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The rally is small but thats good. I'm heading that way from the panhandle, it should take me 4 or 5 hours depending on my route. The area is a great place to ride, drive the enchanted cycle to Red River, Angle Fire, Taos, even driving to Chama is a fun ride. The rally will have 5 to 7 venders. Music at night, the lodge has food and gas. The area also has great fishing, in fact right in front of the lodge you can fish. In Taos, you have to have breakfast at Micheals. Most will tell you thats a must! Have fun.
  4. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been to the BMW Rally a few times and wish I could go this year ......
    It is a GREAT rally put on by a great bunch of people ! I have seen all sorts of different makes attend the event ! Have FUN !
  5. tootiredsteve

tootiredsteve duke of earles.....fork

Oddometer:
    It was an awesome rally at Sipapu Ski area and my X-country was the only one there (just like Top of the Rockies). Chama to Taos was leaned over continuously and the village roads above Taos were classic Nuevo Mexico. Sad note was finding out Harry Hill is selling Basin Motor Works in Mancos- an Airhead and ADV mecca- Vaya con Dios!
  6. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    Taos riding is awesome