Trouble finding 99 Tiger shift lever

Discussion in 'British Beasts: Triumph Tigers' started by FoxScrambles, Jun 2, 2019.

1. FoxScrambles

FoxScrambles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    downed the Tiger yesterday playing in dirt. Nothing bruised but a knee and the lack there of a shift lever. Dont want to spend the over 100$ for a factory replacement( besides being back ordered all over). I know i need an 11mm spline opening but finding the right bend im at al loss???? any help or an IMS part # or any other part # would be GREAT!? tryin to get her put all back together before the end of this months planned vacation >.<
  2. Emmett

Emmett Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got a spare OEM shift lever off my 2016 Tiger 800. How about $25 shipped to you? I picked up a folding shift lever a few months back so I don't need this OEM part. Let me know if you want it and I'll send you payment details and you can send me your mailing address. I'm out of town now till Friday, can ship when I get back.

Emmett
  3. FoxScrambles

FoxScrambles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Emmett. If I can't find one this week I will definitely be interested! Hoping to find a folding one myself. Thought the new tigers had the bigger spline than the old ones and were of a more strait than bent shape. I will look into one off a newer bike. Cheers
    Emmett likes this.
  4. SandraAT

SandraAT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You've got a T709? The 955i with cast-wheels has a folding shift lever , but i don't know if it fits your Tiger...
  5. FoxScrambles

FoxScrambles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes mines the T709. After many calls to local shops and a few ordered/returned amazon attempts. ... I wised up and took one i had with the proper bend but wrong spline to a local shop and discovered just about any of the new CRF250/450 shift levers should work. I say should because bend was right and the spline was to big against the Honda's. New shift lever will be here 6/10 will update this post with good news hopefully tomorrow!
  6. FoxScrambles

FoxScrambles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    well truns out the ones off the new 450 are NOT the same size.... rumor is kx 85 shifters fit i will look into that next
  7. FoxScrambles

FoxScrambles Adventurer

Oddometer: