TROUBLE for MOTOJOE

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ezekiel, Dec 23, 2004.

1. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    Moto Joe called last nite. His bike is down (blown engine?). he is in the town of choix in the state of sinaloa mexico.he is hoping to get his bike on a train to chihuahua. anyone know if that is going to be possible?info on trains in mexico is hard to find on internet.anyway his bike goes in a pickup this morning and he is going to loreto to try to catch the train. (joe if you get online call my work phone today) joe says he is close to where FIST broke down one time and took a train out with his bike.they went 300+ miles yesterday and much of it was single track. all dirt roads and no paved roads through the canyon so it's the train or hundreds of miles north or south to take roads back toward chihuahua and then to presidio texas where his truck is parked.
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

I called The Fist
    PM to you

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30366&page=13&pp=10

Will had a similar adventure

:ear
  3. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Spoke with Jim --

Relayed info about the train...sounds like Joe has it under control --

Nothin' beats an adventure!
  4. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    ¿hey what about my troubles? can you imagine dealing with motojoe for 7 hours ata a train station waiting for a train that whene eventually came refused to load our bikes !?!

greuling i tell ya.. greuling...

;-)

anyway we got it under control... motojoe has a long post of a story coming up shortly...

and when i get back home i´ll have pictures galor.. maybe even a couple good enough for the front page..

cheers..
  5. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I have been riding the scariest dirt roads I know of for four days now. either one or three quarters of a lane winding through hundreds of switch backs from the canyon floors to the mountain passes and back down, again and again and again. We went from a low point at 600 feet(austin, tx) to over eight thousand. My ears have been popping dozens of times a day. The roads are really not dirt or gravel, just moutains with a trail cut through them in parts.

now, seems like I either got some awful rod knock or my timing is off with the valves hitting the piston, dont know till I can tear it apart. I went to start my bike after four of the finest days riding ever, and bang bang bang clunk ......silence. Well I got a ride from choix sinaloa today to lareto. We waited about five hours to be told we couldn´t take the bikes on that train at that station. the only guy in lareto with a truck wanted 700 pesos and said it would be a little more than two hours to El fuerte (distance 35 km), the roads are that bad. So we caught a ride to El Fuerte from some railroad workers on the back of their truck which ran down the tracks. About the same distance and maybe forty minutes or so. These two gentleman helped us load and unload our bikes and gear, took us to El Fuerte and than pulled the truck off the tracks and drove us to town to a hotel after we locked up the bikes at the station. They didn´t give us a price and they were very pleased with 20 bucks a piece, cheapest moto tow I ever saw, other than my dad getting me for free back in the states a couple times.

So in the morning we load em up, and go the the border on a 12-20 hour train ride, depending on snow fate etc. hopefully. My fingers are crossed.

My brother has been taking a lot of pictures, and although they dont do it justice we will get em to yall when we get back to texas, in a few days or a week or whatever, maybe fucking never. These bitches are hot. Christ, there must be something in the bacteria in the water here. Haven´t tagged the mayors daughter yet but its early. te gusta un pasear en mi moto?, no sierve baby

By the way I think my pops was thinking single lane not single track.
    still awesome roads. hey dad say hey to the family for us
    joe
  6. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    at least I have bathed on this trip, stinky bitch
  7. elektron

elektron effin ef

Oddometer:
    i´ll STILL kill you for your gas, even if you don´t have any you fucking fuck.
  8. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like all is well in Freeman Land :thumb

did you check your timing chain adjuster?

Looking forward to the pics and complete report.

Merry Christamas

chain
  9. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    glad you guys got on line. so when you get back you can explain to me the whole single track single lane concept.but i am so old i'll never get it anyway.phil,hang in there and thanks for staying together with that"fucking fuck".
  10. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    The Riding Hansons made it though another one - can't wait to hear this story
  11. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    This outta make for a helluva "war story" at the Winter at the Farm gathering. :thumb
  12. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Now thats an adventure, sounds like if ever go to mexico I need to bring along some train money. :rofl

Glad everything is ok.
  13. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Mutineer "The riding Hansons..." LOL LOL LOL

LIP
  14. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Joe, I'm glad it's the bike and not you that broke. Good luck with the senoritas.
    :thumb
  15. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Dude....I was laughin' my arse off... :lol3

:rofl :rofl
  16. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    merry christmas from the hansons{????}
  17. skeeter

skeeter Captain Safety

Oddometer:
    To understand "The Hansons" you have to watch a movie called Slapshot. It's a classic that I watch 2 or 3 times a year. I just might have to go watch it right now:thumb

Merry Christmas everyone!

"Just puttin on the foil coach!"
  18. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    just heard from motojoe. he is getting on a bus in chihuaua to presidio to get his pick-up.elektron is staying behind in chihuahua.bikes are on a cargo car on train and wont be unloaded until tomorrow.
  19. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they took cristmas off at the railroad???? Damn... even I worked today.

Can't wait for the story.
  20. ezekiel

ezekiel Lost again

Oddometer:
    happy birthday motojoe