"True North East" Trans Taiga Trip

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by The Sexy Medic, Jul 19, 2019.

1. The Sexy Medic

The Sexy Medic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy folks! I'm starting my 12 day journey to the terminus of the Trans Taiga Trail and back to Nova Scotia today.
    Ride: 2017 Suzuki V-strom 650XT

You can read about the route
    here: https://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=21

Map here:
    True North East
    https://goo.gl/maps/Lga27m9CPd25R4Cs7
    View attachment 1792726

Full Video Series Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH5NTFqHWKfOdKt9mikmLLS3555lfn1lr

This is a solo trip, I have heard of a few others that will be tackling the Trans Taiga at just about the same time, but I suspect we'll end up passing each other in opposite directions.

I'll be heading to a friends cottage just outside Mactaquac (starting point) for day 1 as I'm post night shift presently. I'm going to enjoy the ferry from Nova Scotia to New Brunswick for the next two hours and try to get a nap in. Hopefully water skiing later ;)

20190719_053832.jpg 20190719_082059_HDR.jpg 20190719_100323.jpg 20190719_105332_HDR.jpg
  2. Dracula

Dracula sagabona kunjani wena Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bon voyage! :lurk
  3. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Made it to the cottage. Enjoyed a two hour long Kayak through the lakes/river that hug the Canada/USA border. Early morning tomorrow. Already tired of pounding pavement. Looking forward to hitting the trails!
    15635763768507436670607014391933.jpg
    dtysdalx2 and PsySV1000s like this.
  4. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:

Day 2:
    Jeff rode out to the trail head with me from his cottage. We semi-seriously joked about how he could do the trip on his Triumph Bonnieville if he had the time (we were wrong).
    Nice logging roads to start, devolving into some trails that needed to be tackled at the 40-60kph range for a short while. I found my first moose which I caught on the GoPro. (I'll put together some videos for the YouTube channel when I get home{TrailTrash})
    Quite a bit of Highway to Boistown, roads are in EXCELLENT shape. Beautiful drive.

Boistown to Serpentine lodge was beautiful, lots of great scenery, but the logging roads are littered with rocks/pebbles (the kind that make you pucker just a little) and are teeth chatteringly rough. I passed a sign that stated "Serpentine Lodge 9km", but the trail was a lot of large rock that looked worse than what I had been on. (I should have followed the sign). The road narrowed into a nasty snowmobile trail with a couple of sketchy bridges and water crossings to go through, if there had been significant rain I would expect the snowmobile trail to be impassable with the silt/clay base layer. The terrain in this part is seriously challenging with a fully loaded bike and there is no way out except to go back the way you came if you decide to bail. Once you're through the trail it opens up into an amazing mountain range. I grabbed some pictures, stopped in to Serpentine lodge to say hello (the owner was super welcoming and polite, I'd highly recommend anyone stop in)

A bit of a highway trek the rest of the day, it was my first time doing Gaspe and it was beautiful. Weather during the day was sunny and about 35C, then about 100km from Matane the sky opened up and the temperature dropped to 18C, a little bit of a shock. :p Managed to get a hot shower and camp set up before the downpour started.
    An 800km day total.
    20190720_104535_HDR.jpg 20190720_172023.jpg 20190720_121022.jpg 20190720_122240.jpg 20190720_123441_HDR.jpg 20190720_122719_HDR.jpg 20190720_123941.jpg 20190720_122247.jpg 20190720_150303.jpg 20190720_131413_HDR.jpg
  5. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 3:

5:30am wakeup to catch the ferry, I tried to book over the phone last night where I'm carrying "dangerous goods" but all of the promts were in French (I don't speak French). I booked online with the hopes that they wouldn't make a big deal of my 7.5L of gasoline *Fingers crossed* I figured I best not mention the bear bangers, I packed them away and didn't want anything to get lost in translation....

"No problem and front of the line" he said. I guess motorcyclists are treated well in Quebec lol. Riddle me this, how is it that the ferry from Digby to New Brunswick is twice as expensive? Seriously, I couldn't even tell when this ferry left port, these engines are smooth. Coffee and hot breakfast available on board, it must be good, because the locals have been lined up for the last hour. After some google searching, I've determined that there are TWO, not one, but TWO McDonald's in Baie Comeau, this is good as I'm craving a breakfast sandwich and am running ahead of schedule :D nom nom nom.

I may have to go 600kms without gas the next day or so if one of the "stations"(more like fuel pump in the middle of the woods) is closed, so I'll be filling up all my gas cans for an extra 17.5L total.

Weather is looking to be a bit cooler today with some rain in the morning and "BIG" temperature swings throughout the day. At least I can wear all my gear without sweating to death lol.
    Screenshot_2019-07-21-08-43-24.png Screenshot_2019-07-21-08-43-20.png 20190721_074003.jpg 20190721_070438_HDR.jpg
    LosTabarnacos, Smashy and ktjim like this.
  6. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 3: Part 2
    Ran into an In-mate who did the Trans Taiga last year, as soon as he showed me the pictures I was like "I READ YOUR RIDE REPORT!" Lol. His bike is the BMW.
    The drive
    from Godbout to Boistown was scenic, paved, smooth, with a few construction delays. It's quite shocking when you finally get to Bae Comeau and see the huge industrial plant, it really makes you realize how awful we as humans are to the environment; still an impressive feat however. I ended up getting a big Mac from the McDonald's as it is the same in English as it is in French ;p They're hiring starting at 16.50 an hour if anyone is interested...... I followed it up with some bike maintenance (chain adjustment &lube, as well as suring up my chain guard fix with a little bit of wire and duck tape. (More on that later)

First 50km of dirt outside of Bae Comeau was washboard; like make your whole friggin' bike fall apart washboard. It's paved underneath from long ago, the potholes of which are showing, then there's loose sand a gravel on top, also looks like it has a sandy base in the spots where the pavement has been long obliterated. At around the 70 kilometer mark there's a nice Lake to stop at. It was here that I realized my "improved fix" was actually shit and I reverted back to zip ties.

Okay, it's been like 8 hours since I last added to this. The roads were decent after the first 70km, then once I started South again they got really good(defined as mostly packed sand with rocks here and there), then about 20km ago they turned to shit fucking nastiness, my chain guard was KIA, it was like a piece of spaghetti by the time I noticed. Here's my only gripe with the route thus far, remembering of course that it was written in 2012; I just did 250 to 300km's of gravel/sandy roads, then the route cuts into highly technical babyhead boulder bashing? Not cool. I'm a bit hangry at the time of writing....... *Nom nom nom*

Okay, honestly, the views were amazing and they just didn't stop, I had to force myself to stop taking pictures because I was stopping every five minutes haha. Camp is all set up, it's weird being out here alone, there's literally nothing, no noise, no lights, just the fear of being mauled by a bear........ *Clutches bear spray tightly and cries self to sleep* LOL.
    20190721_164646_HDR.jpg 20190721_172800_HDR.jpg 20190721_180804_HDR.jpg 20190721_155110_HDR.jpg 20190721_141450_HDR.jpg 20190721_145232_HDR.jpg 20190721_145208_HDR.jpg 20190721_140213_HDR.jpg 20190721_171850.jpg 20190721_101450.jpg
    PsySV1000s likes this.
  7. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:

Day 4:
    A bit of a slow start to the morning waking up at 8am, God I was tired. Feeling good otherwise. Doesn't look like any of my stuff was bothered by animals last night. French vanilla instant coffee and a freeze dried breakfast skillet for sustenance! Need to top off my gas tank with the front Jerry cans, that should give me another 200kms in addition to whatever I had left in the tank before. Labrieville isn't too far away!

Breakfast report: Mountain house breakfast skillet is 10/10, would eat again. Nescafe French Vanilla instant coffee is............ Caffeinated?....... It gives me what I need even if it doesn't taste the best.

Another 8ish hour day, didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped.

God where do I start.

Roads this morning were like a day at the beach, a really deep, sandy beach. Then there was sand with rocks, sand with boulders, sand with gravel, sand mountains, sand salad.......... Oh wait, got carried away and started quoting a favourite movie.... Then there was gravel of all varieties. All of which was out to put me down for a dirt nap.
    For the record, I have not tipped over once.

Labrieville ZEC came up fast, the young woman there spoke excellent English. After that it was a trek to Auberge 31, nothing too technical, the biggest hazard being the other drivers hugging the inside of the trails. Graters were out as well. More sand along the stretch, the corners are quite bad for deep sand, aggressive braking/accelerating is what this leg time efficient. Auberge 31 itself is beautiful with full service gas.

The article describing this route is starting to show it's age:

The trek from Auberge 31 to Saint David de Falardeau was the most difficult and technical 58kms of riding I've ever done, and while I don't often toot my own horn, I am damn good on that VStrom. It starts out fine, then slowly gets harder, and harder, and harder, and harder; each time I thought "I'm glad that's over", then I'd come up over another hill to find another field of boulders. The website describes this as "challenging depending on your riding ability", well unless you're fucking Enduro Super champ Graham Jarvis you're going to have some problems with this shit on a fully loaded bike. When I finally dumped out in Falardeau the people didn't believe that I had come from the trail and kept telling me not to go back the way I came when I inquired about contacting ZEC. I'm serious guys, don't take this route, no one is coming to help you if you mess up. CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED.

I went straight from here to LaMarche avoiding the ferry over Lac Tchitogama (I didn't want to be waiting two days for a ferry that may or may not come). Also on that note,the trail entrance for that section is marked with a "no trespassing" sign. After that it was nice gravel roads to my campsite in Saint Ludger de Milot. Supper was Mountain house sweet and sour pulled pork with rice 9/10. Showers are hot and free!

These days are really starting to blend together, I'm trying to figure out if I'm ahead of schedule or behind. :S
    20190722_085059_HDR.jpg 20190722_085036_HDR.jpg 20190722_154054_HDR.jpg 20190722_111254.jpg 20190722_154047_HDR.jpg 20190722_111559_HDR.jpg 20190722_095512.jpg 20190722_154326_HDR.jpg 20190722_142315.jpg
  8. LosTabarnacos

LosTabarnacos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's funny, when we left, I went through the house and then I went to ride the Forestville-Labrieville loop. You had to be less than an hour in front of me.
    On your picture it looks like I'm wearing Darth Vader's helmet :-)
    The Sexy Medic likes this.
  9. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 5:

Ahead of schedule but barely. Got some rain last night. I also forgot to mention that my leak proof bottle of soap detonated in my dry bag yesterday. Hopefully a night of hanging upside down has allowed it to drip dry out.

No such luck with the drying, looks like everything is getting wrapped in my towel.

Breakfast report: Mountain House chicken teriyaki with rice is a soft pass, the taste is passable but the smell, oh God, the smell. 5/10. Bike has gotten the once over, everything is looking good! (Metal paint and locktite prior to the trip has made my morning inspections a breeze).

The ride to Girardville has been enjoyable and relaxing. Had to find a couple of different entrances to trails due to them now essentially being people's driveways lol. Riding through well kept trails with blueberries as far as the eye can see was wonderful, even with rain clouds looming overhead and sugar sand under the wheels. It's much cooler today; 16C, but so long as I stay dry I'll be happy! Starting to run out of chain lube, the dust and sand has been eating up my can quick (better than the chain however). Hopefully 4 hours to Chibougamau!
    20190723_100518.jpg

I've officially named this section........

--The Sugar Sand Highway--
    Where the only thing you'll become familiar with is Quebec's overgrowth of trail shrubbery. (Seriously, nothing to see here folks)

For the record, the GPS route provided does not match up with the roads/trails most of the time. I'll be providing my GPS tracks to you guys and the organizer, as well as suggestions of trails that need to get cut.

Roads started off good, I was averaging 80kph then they got rougher so I had to drop to 50/60kph, then they turned into deep sugary sand for many many many many kilometres.(in retrospect I now know that the ground out here is simply that everywhere) Then I noticed I had passed a trail I was supposed to take, I looked at it and thought "no way is that the trail"
    20190723_131851_HDR.jpg

I explored around and sure enough it was. I swear to God, no one has been up here in at least four years, the bushes were as tall as I was when standing on my pegs. Good news is that thus far there hasn't been any swamp/mud/big day ending boulders to worry about.

Just take er' slow and play er' cool.

20190723_130908.jpg

Temperature has dropped to 14C out here, quite the swing compared to the last couple of days. Rain gear is standing by on my bungie net just in case, I need to stay dry if its going to stay this cool up here.
    20190723_123333_HDR.jpg

I've investigated as far as I could and found a little hunting shack. I took a walk through the bushes and could see at what one point was probably a ramp down into a river crossing, now it appears to be at least 8ft deep water based on initial stick probing. Back the way I came through the overgrowth (this would be consistent for most of the trails the next 100kms)

Followed the sugar sand highway further and I came across a sketchy bridge with a washout leading up to it, ran into some 4-wheelers who were eager to find out what the hell I was doing way out here. One of the young women told me if I'm looking for Montreal I'm a ways off lol. They were concerned about making sure I got across the bridge safely, you have to stay on the straight beams as the spacing between the braces is big enough to drop a wheel. (you can't see in the picture, but it's 15 meters straight down into the water if you go over, and the banks are all sheer drops)

It's been five and a half hours since I left Girardville and I've only made it 126 kilometers. It's treacherous out here, this is the fourth river crossing I've had to make not including the sketchy bridges I've had to repair as I go. It's all sugar sand and 20 meters of incline on either side of each crossing. There's been a lot of pushing happening, I'm exhausted, I'm soaked in sweat, the temperature has dropped to 11C. I may end up spending the night out here.

There ended up being one more water crossing that was the easiest of the bunch, still lots of pushing up the sugar hills though.

20190723_150604.jpg 20190723_135349.jpg 20190723_140725_HDR.jpg 20190723_150604.jpg

I marked all the water crossings AKA destroyed bridges on my GPS, I suspect these would be impossible if there had been recent rain.

After these crossings it was a lot of babyhead bashing and bush wacking. Did I mention that it looks like nobody has come out here for a looonnngggg time?

After this it was relatively clear sailing at 60-90kph until I was dumped back onto pavement. I was so happy, I literally kissed it. Lol.

Beautiful highway with lots of scenery up to Chibougamau where I got a burger and a campsite at Eco Camping.

My thoughts on the day are this:

I'm concerned, not for me, but for some poor soul who reads the same description I did on Gravel Travel and gets stranded out in the middle of nowhere because they didn't know what they were in for. The website made this sound like nice gravel roads for the most part, I believe "logistically but not technically challenging terrain" is what they said. That might have been true seven years ago, but now it's just straight up dangerous. I never would have tackled some of these section's if I had been aware of what was waiting for me. I'm going to get in contact with the website owner to see if I can write an updated article for them if they don't want to change the routes.

20190723_144854.jpg 20190723_145833.jpg 20190723_145909.jpg
  10. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    I think I may have been a full day behind you haha. That or I'm not understanding your loop. I'll insert a picture here. Screenshot_2019-07-23-23-05-06.png
    I camped somewhere about 2 hours of Southern gravel riding away from Labrieville the day we got off the ferry.
    If you've got a map of your route throw er up!
    GravelRider likes this.
  11. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 6:

20190724_081833_HDR.jpg

McDonald's breakfast, yummmm. I must have been dehydrated because I had painful leg cramps all night.
    Rue Du Nord up to kilometer marker 132 has been as breeze with the occasional bunch of deep gravel. Looks like the roads from here on have just had the graders on them, only one tire track that I can see.

Caught up to the grader after 15km, after that it was rough but not deep sand. There was nothing to look at for the longest time, and then there was a huge electric installation of some sort, then a few kilometers after there was some huge blue complex (allegedly this will be the second biggest lithium mine in the world if it ever starts producing). Just before my refueling stop I met a local guy named Jerry who directed me to a hydro Quebec road that came out onto the James Bay about 10km's North of Relais 381, it was slightly longer but much smoother and scenic!

(The bold orange was the alternate route I took)
    Alternate Rue Du Nord.png
    I was going to wait until the end of my report to mention this but I feel like I can safely make my assumption now:
    Every single person I have met, or had come up to me, or tried to help me, or even served me at McDonald's has been extremely polite and in most cases has gone out of their way. Good on you Quebecois.

I backtracked the 10km or so to R381 and fueled up. 1.73/L for 87 octane. Ouch. Makes the prices back home hurt not so much lol.
    (Can confirm that the fuel here is still garbage, expect your bike to use at least %25 more than normal)

Relais381 is cozy on the inside with nice hot meals. I had made up my mind on what I was going to get before the person in front of me was served a hot Turkey sandwich with fries; my mind was immediately changed. $20 for the meal and a pop; not terrible when you start to consider how remote this is.

From there is was about 160km to the Trans Taiga entrance on the paved James Bay Highway. Lord oh lord, it's fine on the motorcycle, but I just imagine taking my Mazda 3 on this road. The damn thing would be obliterated I'm sure. It's smooth for the most part, but every now and then you'll run into a big dip or a big lump, just high or low enough to rip the front fender (or axle) off of a car of average height, and sizable enough to get lotsa' air if you time a little bit of suspension compression and throttle blipping ;p

I've made it to the start of the Trans Taiga! You'd never know that this is it, sort of anti climatic picturesque wise, but I was pumped to have made it this far on the inside. I made it 22km before realizing I needed to get the tent set up stat. I'm set up in front of a phone booth in the middle of nowhere, go figure :p Oh, almost forgot to mention the black flies that could literally eat you alive(possibly carry you away if they start to develop a shared consciousness) lol.
    Stop anywhere for more than 15 seconds and you'll have over 50 crawling on you and more buzzing around. Once I had the tent set up I piled everything I needed in front of it, opened to zipper, pushed everything/jumped in and wasn't coming out for the rest of the night.
    20190724_133936.jpg 20190724_134851_HDR.jpg 20190724_150508.jpg 20190724_160037_HDR.jpg 20190724_163400_HDR.jpg 20190724_170024_HDR.jpg 20190724_195653_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

fastredbike, PsySV1000s and Roqon like this.
  12. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 7:

20190725_084940_HDR.jpg
    I skipped breakfast and got on the road as early as I could. I figured food would be my reward for making it to kilometer 358 (Mirage)
    Roads were great compared to the last 5 days, but by most people's standards would be shit. I'm averaging about 90kph, but wishing I had a 21/18 wheel combo and a plush suspension (I miss my crf250L here lol) I ran into another inmate who was part of a group of six that started a day or two before me. Says he saw a bear and a Grey-Wolfe! I passed the rest of his crew about an hour and a half later.

Gas at Mirage hurt my soul but was not unexpected. Just over 25L cost me $50 and change.
    The gentleman here (whom I suspect is the owner) is very persuasive with regards to trying to get me to spend the night. It's definitely tempting as I sit here in comfort eating poutine, drinking coffee, and being offered beer, but at $175/night it's going to have to be a pass. His demeanor kind of reminds me a fox trying to tempt the rabbit to go away with him to its death. I'm not the only one who read that story as a kid right? 20190725_133256_HDR.jpg

Two coffee and A DELICIOUS HUMONGOUS poutine was $14. That's a good deal no matter where you are. If anyone is feeling defeated and thinking about turning around by the time they hit Mirage, don't do it, grab a bite and recover, but press on. The scenery up ahead is breathtaking, and at the time of writing the roads are in excellent shape ( I was sitting doing 100-110kph) until mile marker 630ish (once you get past the dam and the radio tower that is on the hill to the left; Brisay is the name I believe). Speaking of which, the sign that has the guy with binoculars is worth following for the 500 meters. Not only is the view amazing, but there is a fully enclosed shack with glass overlooking the whole valley. That's where I'm camping tonight, no rain fly and hardly any mosquitoes.
    20190725_175606_HDR.jpg 20190725_212000.jpg

I did make it to the end of the trail, but didn't do the extra 60 kilometres left or right. Fuel levels were getting sketchy and I didn't know if Air Suegeny was open and/or was selling fuel. I'm not disappointed that I didn't do the extra 60 clicks, mainly because it wasn't part of the True North East route, and partly because once you've traveled over 660k to the middle of nowhere, you don't really need to prove anything to anybody.
    I did however complete this whole thing in seven days ;) Six if you're only counting the "True North East" portion. Teehee, but who's counting ;p
    20190725_163903_HDR.jpg 20190725_164219_HDR.jpg 20190725_174143.jpg 20190725_193630_HDR.jpg 20190725_194018_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

fastredbike, PsySV1000s and Roqon like this.
  13. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 8:
    -Rain Rain, go away-
    It's been steadily pouring through all night and this morning, who knows what that's going to do for road conditions :S I suspect I won't be making nearly as much progress as I was hoping today. At least I can sit here in comfort with my coffee and breakfast until I decide I want to attempt it.
    20190726_080704_HDR.jpg

I shouldn't have said anything, as soon as I finished writing the rain became a downpour, which has yet to relent. *sigh*
    About 20 kilometers from Brisay things dried up. From there to Mirage was nice easy driving for the most part (there's always a patch of deep sand or gravel waiting to kill you if you're not paying attention). Lunch today was a hot chicken sandwich with fries, and a chicken soup. Even if you don't stay the night here, stop in for the food... Yummmm.....

20190726_144416_HDR.jpg 20190726_124420_HDR.jpg

I remember the drive in (Eastbound) to be much worse than my drive out (Westbound) I thought it was just me but then I did some experimenting. There is definitely a big difference between the two. (washboard being the difference mainly) However, based on the frequency of the graders on this road, I suspect that each person will have a different experience on every trip.

Found a spot I missed on the way in!
    20190726_142554_HDR.jpg 20190726_142350_HDR.jpg 20190726_142834_HDR.jpg

I hit the highway and pressed on to Relais 381. It was late when I got there: 2030 so I was hoping I could get a room. I inquired... $170/night?! Pfffttt, I went 10 clicks up the road and picked a random place to camp. I don't think anyone cares where you set up so long as you're not blocking a road lol. I picked another radio tower, the hum from the building drowns out the sounds of critters and/or keeps them away. (I still sleep with my bear spray close at hand) lol. 20190726_183954_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

Roqon likes this.
  14. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Day 9:
    Oh the Jame's Bay Highway, what a piece of shit. I mean, it's not bad compared to the Trans Taiga, (which isn't bad compared to all the other shit I've done on this trip lol) but dammmmnnnnnn, people are driving their cars on this? :p

Day 10:
    It's now 0630am on day 10. I drove through the night because I was lacking places to "rough camp" and wanted to get through the urban areas. 1457kms behind me and 1000 more ahead. (I found a rest stop, made a little lean to, and got four or five hours of sleep after this) Finally made it home to the Annapolis Valley at 2200. The same day.

20190728_044932_HDR.jpg
    PsySV1000s likes this.
  15. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    --True North East 2019 Summary and Final Thoughts--

True North East Summary.png
    My, oh my, what a trip.

This had basically every type of ADV terrain you can ask for (minus mud *thumbs up*), some of it substantially more difficult than what was eluded to on Graveltravel.ca. I did some searching for anyone who may have done this before, and correct me if I'm wrong internet, but I don't think anyone else has. I suspect I know the reason..... haha.

Impossible? Absolutely not, difficult and semi-frustrating in spots? Absolutely.
    Worth it? YESSSSS.

If I had known what I was in for in certain areas prior to departure I probably would have found alternate routes; again, not because it's not doable, but because it's risky tackling some of this terrain with a fully loaded bike on a trip where you still need to cover thousands of kilometers.

Some people have asked me if I'd do the same trip again:
    The same trip, no. A trip similar to it, yes.

Not because it wasn't worth it. It definitely was, but it's one of these things where you feel like you're constantly pushing your luck, even though I've been planning and preparing since May, an unforeseen or unavoidable mechanical failure is going to result in being stranded in the middle of nowhere, until you run out of food, water, and or someone finds you. (In order of likelihood)
    Make no mistake people, most of this trip, and the most technical terrain, is in the middle of NOWHERE.
    It's a lot of abuse for a bike to take daily, for almost a full week (or two depending on how much ground you're covering daily).
    I didn't get hurt, and I didn't have any mechanical issues, but there is definitely the potential for this trip to turn into a shit-show if you happen to have a black cloud over your head.:muutt

The scenery made it all worth it though. (Seriously, there's not enough time to stop and take pictures of it all)
    20190725_175606_HDR.jpg 20190720_123431_HDR.jpg 20190721_155051_HDR.jpg 20190721_171856.jpg 20190721_181357.jpg 20190722_111552_HDR.jpg 20190722_111610.jpg 20190725_174143.jpg 20190722_154054_HDR.jpg

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have about this trip.
    You can PM me and I'll either get back to you with an answer or a phone number you can call me at.

-Thanks for reading-
    Sexy out.
  16. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somehow, I feel responsible for this.

Can’t wait to meet up for a beer and hear all about it. Just need to figure out what Platoon you’re on and we can make some plans...
  17. The Sexy Medic

Oddometer:
    Not sure why you would, but you've still got my number. :p
  18. fredgreen

fredgreen Beer drinkin Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    You didn’t make the run over to James Bay?
  19. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    Years ago I talked a couple friends to riding up the James Bay Road. We did it on an R6 and a couple of ZX6Rs. Just about killed the bikes, and the bumps were so brutal it gave me a splitting headache so bad it made me throw up.

The Tiaga up there is its own kind of beautiful though, I feel privileged to have been able to experience that part of the world.
  20. TOTim

TOTim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the fantastic report