Truly unbreakable Signals?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buelrdr29, Oct 28, 2009.

1. buelrdr29

buelrdr29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I dont know what to do for my dad. He has an 09 KTM 450 exc. The factory turn signals are pop on and they dont seem to go back on well. They also fall off with hard bumps. I have the 530 exc and dont seem to have that problem with mine. I told him to stop flying off cliffs and the signals would stay on but he doesnt listen. so are there any trick turnsignals that are a must have?
  2. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    This is the most robust signal I know of.

[​IMG]

If he can knock this off, he's got bigger problems than letting you know which way he's gonna turn.

:lol3
  3. woodsk

woodsk Waiting to leave PA

Oddometer:
  4. SwitchThrottle

SwitchThrottle Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer:
    Get the smallest brightest you can find and stuff them in places that you think will avoid contact with anything, and hope for the best.

I run the arrowheads on my Husky (small and bright), and flush mounts on the back of the Honda. So far the flush mounts have survived a number of hard crashes. I can't say as much for the blinkers I mounted on the front. :lol3
  5. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    mine usually dont break from falls but burnout or wire breaks... dont use em anymore just have some not shattered bolted on now and not wired .... got tired of 20 buck every other month....use the arm signal when the man is around but have the signals on at least..
  6. Lobo50

Lobo50 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unbreakable doesn't exist. Kind of like unsinkable as in Titanic.
  7. underkill

underkill Horsepower Junkie

Oddometer:
    I have a Sicass racing dual sport kit on my 250... I got the flushmount turn signals.... they're about as bright as any other small turn signals.. and I don't see how you could break them! :eek1
  8. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Only a matter of time.

Oddometer:
    :lol3

My right leg seems to be the worst enemy of the rear turn signal. Those KTM signals are rubber mounted and seem like good ones. Why do they seem to break so often? How about ones on Huskys?
  9. GR0NK

GR0NK Got some screws loose!

Oddometer:
    I run Zeta handguards on the front with LED signals built-in.

[​IMG]

On the rear I run DRC flush mounts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sofar the setup has been unbreakable.

Sean :bmwrider
  10. SwitchThrottle

SwitchThrottle Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer:
    The Zeta's are cool, and I have actually considered them for my SM, but I don't think they would survive on the XR.
  11. GR0NK

GR0NK Got some screws loose!

Oddometer:
    Well I have them on three bikes. The 525 in the pic is my wife's and she has dropped it a few times. Nothing like the 250 EXC that has taken quite the beating as her first ride a few years ago. She bailed at least 20 times off that thing on this one weekend ride. My 525 has seen some get-offs on the track in full street gear, mostly parking it into a corner with a few endos for good measure. It has also been hammered off trees repeatedly. I have yet to break one handguard or have any of the LEDs go bad on any of them.

I was told by the shop owner that they were fragile if you actually USE them but that has not been my experience. Of course I run full barkbusters behind them so that might have something to do with it.

Sean :bmwrider
  12. LILBIT

LILBIT Ride you must.

Oddometer:
    The BD units do surprisingly well. The ends will pop off the stalks though. If you tire of replacing them add a tether because the wires will not hold them on. If you ride thick trees limbs will pull 'em off.

The longest lasting i've used is truck " clearance" lights from Discount. They mount with a 1/4" stud. Ugly,not super bright and you must take caution not to pinch the wire. I only broke one on a 18" maple and ran them on two bikes for awhile.