1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. handypro

handypro SportTouracologist

Oddometer:
    If any of you guys want a good deal on a decent trunk....follow the linky
    The large ring up at the medium price when you check out. Enter frshp50 promo for free shipping........if it doesnt work ring up cust service on live chat and they'll take it off..........36liter givi knockoff with backrest and metal mounting plate for 47.99 how can you go wrong??? Have yourselves a very merry Christmas:rofl
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10111&storeId=10101&sku=zxe20997G
  2. prowler2

prowler2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered one of the small ones for my Uly. Wasn't able to get the JCW service person to understand the sale price/free mount and free shipping concept, so I just ordered another $5 worth of stuff to get free shipping. Still looks like a really good deal and hopefully will kinda match my existing hard bags.
  3. motolocopat

motolocopat When in doubt gas it!

Oddometer:
    Did you buy one and how about the quality?

Yeah you cant go to far wrong at that price but sometimes you get what you pay for also. And sometimes you get a heck of a deal.....

If you did get one how much use have you given it?
    Any detailed photos?

Thanks
  4. Justin

Justin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the "medium" version. Put many good street miles on it. They first sent out a plastic molded base plate (low quality IMO, but worked), but 4 months later sent me a nice metal plate (what they send now), and a $10 gift certificate apologizing IF my first one had broke.... which it did not. So that was stand-up. I would buy another one.

However... recently, it was sitting on top of the garbage can, for just a few minutes of course, and the cat jumped up there and starting rubbin' on it... slid off, hit the cement and broke at the hinges. It was unlocked and partially open at the time too, so that helped contribute.

I would still buy another one.
  5. LaOutbackTrail

LaOutbackTrail Certified Smartass

Oddometer:
    Had one, worked great for a long time. :thumb
  6. Pwhallon

Pwhallon Noob

Oddometer:
    It works,

At the last checkout step it reduces the price to $47.99. Then kicked out the free shipping.:huh

I bought a $3.49 bungee cord set. That put the order to 51 and some change. Got the free shipping.:wink:

Thanks for the heads up handypro.

PW
  7. johnnyjs1

johnnyjs1 BadLines,SlowAs Hell

Oddometer:
    Just bought one myself....added the fleece neck warmer and expidited shipping and the bill came to $60 total:eek1 Definately cant beat that!!! Thanks for the heads up.:clap
  8. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one and added a couple helmet bags and a head warmer. Thanks so very much!
  9. johnnyjs1

johnnyjs1 BadLines,SlowAs Hell

Oddometer:
    Handypro....you should be getting some commission coming from them:evil
  10. handypro

Oddometer:
    way to go guys..........I ordered 3 from my Triumph.......all I need is some side racks and I'll have a full set of hardbags for under 3 bills....the guys at COG are all over them, so they have pretty much been battle tested and for the price you could by three of them for the price of the cheapest Givi in the same size...........
  11. btretired

btretired anal retentive

Oddometer:
    I got one of these for my GS recently, wife needed a backrest.. Works great, metal plate is tough, hard to beat for the $$. I thought I got a deal at $70 shipped for mine..
  12. sandmar

sandmar llama llama..rabbit

Oddometer:
    Didn't work for me guys :cry I ordered the large and they charged me $84.Somebody must have caught on.
  13. dad2bike

Oddometer:
    You must use the link above and the promo too. JC Whitney is strange about having multiple prices going on. That is why Catalog # is so critcal when ordering. I did a quick search while in the site and it went to the $84 version. So, I just went back to the link above and all Good. :clap
  14. shard

shard I drink motor oil

Oddometer:
    I just tried it, no dice
  15. DualDog

DualDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JCWhitney has a deal if you add the letter E between the 2nd and 3rd digit of a part number it reduces the price to a sale price. Example is below for this trunk which is identical.

Part: ZX277021 Price $64.99

Part ZXE277021 Price $44.99

I hope this helps out to your fellow adv riders.
  16. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver Supporter

Oddometer:
    worked for me.. just follow the link in the OP and enter the promo code..

nice find.. thanks for sharing
  17. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Just snagged one, but promo code has expired....$53.98 shipped is OK.
  18. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    just ordered one for the wifes fjr it looks like a good cheap backrest option for when we take the kids!!
    she does not like the look of a trunk on her fjr so she won't use it and i hated to spend 500 bucks or more for something to use once every couple of months(that is as often as we take the kids out riding with us) and the backrests out ther for the fjr are from 150-300 bucks unless you buy the corbin seat for 400!!! so i think this a perfect inexpensive option thanks for the link and i will let every one know what we think of it!!!
    and go all the way through the checkout and it will change the price got the trunk the backrest the mounting plate and a helmet liner(to push it over 50 bucks) for 52.50!!! awesome deal!!!!
  19. handypro

Oddometer:
    I just recvd my trunks today...pretty quick ship if you ask me. I think I ordered them the beginning of the week. Could'nt be happier especially knowing what I paid for my Givi E45 with a backrest and mounting plate. I'm pretty sure it was about 3 bills just for my trunk. SW Motech makes some nice side mounting brax for my Triumph that come off in 30 seconds w/o tools. So.........a full set of hard luggage for $350 is pretty durn good. I think thats what the factory trunk sells for and the panniers are a kilobuck.:clap :evil :clap :evil :clap :lol3 :lol3 :eek1 :eek1 :clap :lol3 :clap :evil :rofl :rofl :rofl
  20. dad2bike

Oddometer:
    Dang I wonder if mine will make it to me by Chrsitmas? I ordered on the 19th. They shipped my order on the 20th. :clap