1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. bootzilla

bootzilla Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer:
    That's strange. Do you have anything other than boxes in your cart? If you were buying, say - two or three boxes and you had nothing else in your cart, then it wouldn't let you use the free shipping (because of the no additional discounts thing), but if you add something that doesn't have the no discounts restriction, it should work (unless Whitney changed it).
  2. chris in tn

chris in tn tufelhunden

Oddometer:
    Yea, I should have posted an update. I added a pair of sunglasses for $6 and it all worked, the $47 per bag and free shipping. UPS tracking# says they should arrive Friday!!
  3. Satchl

Satchl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still working. Bought the large trunk and a 2.99 bungee and there on there way for a grand total of 54.97. Was getting worried when I had to enter my credit card info before the discount showed up.
  4. CrozB

CrozB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put over 3,000 Miles on my 3 JCW bags earlier this month on our National Park Tour from Arizona to Oregon and Back:

[​IMG]

Bags worked great. Easy to carry in and out of the hotels (sorry, no camping). Crammed full of stuff and no complaints! I did purchase 2 Givi E73 Removable Inner Nylon Bags and they fit the side bags perfect. Though the inner bags were not necessary , it made it easier to access items when the JCW bags were mounted on the bike. Didn't bother with one for the top case.

Best $48.00 (x3) I have spent on my Strom :smile6

-D
  5. yukon mike

yukon mike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Our local tight wad RCMP got a JC Whit trunk and lost it on the way to Watson lake via Ross River. My 69.00 US trunk from the KLR650 guys is still on the KLR and thats after a couple good spills trying to make like a ice road trucker heh.

Mike

6. Sideout

Sideout Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    SOS, I can no longer get the same 44 dollar rate for the medium bag. Followed the instructions, pasted the right code - ZXE277021, went all the way to the order confirmation and still no sign of the discount :cry .
    Has anyone bought those lately?
    I called JCW in attempt to possibly get that rate over the phone - got shut down in flames ...
  7. Colorado Camper

Colorado Camper Colorado Camper

Oddometer:
    I just received my two new large JCW cases today. I ordered them on Sunday, and received them five days later for the same great deal as everyone else. I plan to shave them a little so they will fit on my Givi side racks for my Strom. I have the Givi E21 side cases and they work fine for around town, just don't hold enough for longer trips.

Questions:

1. I also want to use these as side bags on my 90 KLR 650, but can't seem to find any Givi side racks available for that model. Is there one available?

2. What works best as a liner for these to make packing and unpacking easier? Anyone tried different solutions?

Thanks for the help. I can hardly wait to try them out!
  8. handypro

handypro SportTouracologist

Oddometer:
    Does SW Motech make racks for the KLR? The Motechs I bought for my Blackbird are schweeet. Remove in 30 seconds with nary a trace of their existence.:D
  9. handypro

Oddometer:
    Okay guys show me the love.........If you love your JCW bags.....I want my indulgences. Paypal works too:evil I need to hit up JCW for my commision. I'm just glad to help my fellow riders out........can't wait to hit the road with mine. Let's see if every one who reads this thread sends me 1.00 I would probably end up with 3 bux you bunch of cheapskates:rofl
  10. Colorado Camper

Colorado Camper Colorado Camper

Oddometer:
    They do, but they ain't cheap. I was hoping Givi made some for the KLR. I think I only paid about $150 for the side racks from Givi for the VStrom. SW Motech wants $245 for their racks for the older KLRs with the Givi adapters. That's a lot of money to carry my $50.00 JCW cases. There has to be a cheaper way . . . Remember, KLR riders by nature are very thrifty! What would my buddies say if they knew I paid $250 smackers for some metal bars to attach my fancy new JCW cases to.
  11. handypro

Oddometer:
    Thought somebody here made them for their Strom with about $20 in materials........might want to look. Mr. ThriftyPants:lol3
  12. jigdog

jigdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You got lots in your Karma bank. That beats $$$$ anyday.
  13. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    +1

Money can't buy Karma (or everyone would love Bill Gates)
  14. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bought gthe large for my ktm 990. Just couldn't go with the big dog ones as that's a lot of money for me to destroy in the dirt with the first wreck. Had to mount the plate on top of the stock one. Tried to do it without the KTM plate but just wouldn't work to my satisfaction. First trip is this week-end. Will report back how it survives.
  15. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy Riding when i can

Oddometer:
    AS of today the discount still works on the large, $47.99. after submitting CC info, but not yet hitting complete.

However there is no more free shipping i guess. but still $60 total is a very good deal.
  16. Rforce1

Rforce1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Still works + $4...
  17. Englishmatt

Englishmatt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, still works. Just ordered one and will be fitting to a KTM 990. I'll be interested to see how the universal plate works out.

Oh well, even if I have to buy the KTM plate, still a hell of a deal.

Discount getting applied after you enter the CC info is a bit unnerving.

I'll send pics and write a report once I get it and it's fitted.

Cheers,

Matt.
  18. anglerdon

anglerdon Senior Coot

Oddometer:
    Does not work as of today.
  19. Hugh B

Hugh B Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I got in just in the nick of time then as it worked for me yesterday. I should have it on Saturday. :clap
  20. Bongo_52

Bongo_52 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I clicked on the url on the first post and ordered the large trunk. I got the lower $48 price. The price went down after I entered my CC #.

I clicked to add the current free shipping promo in the beginning, but it wouldn't allow it after the price went below $75. The old SENDNOW promo code did not work. Still, it's a screaming good deal.

------->Al