Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interested to see in how you do yours. I was in a bit of a hurry so I just bolted the supplied plate to the top of the stock plate. Used the slotted holes in the stocker. Not the type of work I'm use to but, it works and can be taken off without removing the stock plate. Something custom would be nicer.
  2. Just Bob

Just Bob Been There Done That

Oddometer:
  3. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good. I wanted to keep my stock handles to help pick it up but what the heck I won't be that crazy off road with the trunk on there anyways.
  4. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    JCW has free shipping again. I clicked on the link in the first post and the price was 84.99 for the large one though - is there a code or something for the lower price? I have 17k miles (including lots of dirt road) on my current size large trunk and it is doing well. I'd like another:D
  5. slacktrack

slacktrack TORtographer

Oddometer:
    anonymously blending in with the mortals, MD
    No additional codes...the item number in the link is the key, and the price and total just magically change in the order summary after the payment info page. There are no clues about any discount until that last step.

As someone pointed out earlier, there's a final "submit order" button at the end of the process, so you can still bail out after entering your cc# if the discount doesn't appear. But it was working for me on Sunday night (Oct 26).

And as someone *else* pointed out, if you use the free shipping promo (which the trunk alone won't qualify for once the discount hits) then adding expedited delivery only really costs you a buck more, since it also replaces the oversized-item fee.
  6. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    It worked! y'all are the best!
  7. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    I really only needed a backrest for the Strom, but this sounded like a good deal.
    • As of today, it still works.
    • 'freeshp50' code still works, but only if you add certain items ($5 bZX272206) to the basket first. Even though the basket shows the higher price of $84.99 at the time, it seems to 'know' that it isn't really above $50 and won't apply the free shipping without it. I tried some other inexpensive items (microfiber cloths, for example) and I couldn't get the free shipping to work.
    • Select 'FED EX Expedited' for $4.99 additional shipping, but it drops the $3,99 'oversize fee' so it comes out about only a buck more..
    • $57.97 shipped, with the bungee net.
    Happy with that deal...
  8. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried it tonight and couldn't get it to work. It twas a good deal.
  9. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Tim,

Make sure you follow the directions exactly. It seems like it doesn't work, but does. I doubt it changed in the past day. It has been working for over 8 months...
    1. Click on this link: here
    2. Add the large $85 trunk to the cart. (the wrong price will show)
    3. Search for and add the $4.99 bungee net to the cart. Part # bZX272206 (the wrong price still shows for the trunk)
    4. Open the cart. Add the free shipping promo code 'frshp50'. (The wrong price still shows for the trunk, but free shipping should show)
    5. Checkout. Enter your name address information. Select FedEx expedited shipping. (The wrong price still shows for the trunk)
    6. Enter your credit card information. (The wrong price still shows)
    7. On the FINAL CONFIRMATION screen before you actually spend your money. Finally, the correct price will show
    If you don't follow this process, or expect the price to change before the final confirmation screen, it won't work. Also, if you get to the final screen with the right price and hit the back button on your browser, the price will go back up and you will have to check out all over again to get the right price.

Kind of a pain, but it does work.
  10. Timmer

Oddometer:
    I did all of that multiple times and each time when I got to the final step the price was still the $85. BTW, freeshp50 doesn't give me free shipping but frshp50 (in the original posting) does. The Expedited shipping does take away the overweight charge, but the price of the trunk doesn't change.

I'll try it at work this afternoon to make sure that cookies or something on my home computer isn't messing things up. I'd like to get one of those trunks for my ST1100.
  11. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Try a different browser or clear cookies.

I just tried it again, and got the correct (discounted) price on the final place order screen...

[​IMG]
  12. Timmer

Oddometer:
    It finally worked. Thanks for the help.

Tim
  13. soldmyrt

soldmyrt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks PBF, followed your instructions and it worked.
  14. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Cool! Mine arrived a few days ago... Definitely nice for the $. The latch leaves a bit to be desired, but overall, pretty nice!
  15. blueridgegs

blueridgegs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the large for another scooter I bought.
    Everything still works!

Item #QtyDescriptionStatusTotal Price:

2770221FLAT BLK L TRUNK W/IRON CROSS LOGO
    In stock and reserved$47.99

2722061MOTORCYCLE BUNGEE NET BLACK
    In stock and reserved$5.99

Oversize package was $3.99 additional.
  16. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Minnesota MOTOrbiker

Oddometer:
    Followed PBF's instructions. $47.99 Still works :clap
  17. rmi03

rmi03 Daily Motorcycle User

Oddometer:
    Using pfb's methodology (quoted below), I got a large JCW trunk tonight (12/16) for $47.99. A couple of differences in my process:

- I added a Black bungee net to my order. pfb's item number is for the blue net. Also, the price of my net was $5.99, not $4.99 as described below

- after I added the promo code (following pfb's steps), my shopping cart indicated that the trunk was a heavy item exempt from free shipping. My shipping said "FREE", but there was a "heavy item charge" of $3.99 that showed up

- after you input your credit card information (and are taken to a final confirmation screen), the magic happens and your trunk becomes $47.99! However, a surcharge of $8.98 appears. I tried going through this process twice and got this same surcharge both times.

- In the end.....my trunk was $47.99, my bungee was $5.99, and the surcharge was $8.98......$62.96 total!

Not bad considering I was going to buy this trunk anyway for a lot more money than what I paid! Thanks everyone in this thread for spreading this secret code info.

Ryan

18. mtguy

mtguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dang...i can't believe this promotion still works. I went through the process and added a beanie cap for 4.99 and with free shipping and the heavy item handling charge, the total came to $56.97. Didn't actually order it, but it still works!

[​IMG]
  19. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    Some may have already found this source but I thought i'd share it anyway after seeing similiar luggage priced at out of this worldly expensive levels on various adv touring sites.

They even have built in backrests. The first one is probably the best deal and looks to be built very well. The third one down the list I've tried personally and wouldn't recommend unless you want gloss black. The backrest is a bit flimsy as well as the box it's self.

The first one here will be my top choice when I'm ready to buy a top box.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/Motorcycle-Trunks/600014603.jcw
  20. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    There is a thread about these boxes in Vendors, with about 100000000000 views :)