1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. cbx4evr

cbx4evr Still on a KLR

Oddometer:
    That's an awesome deal. Problem is I live in Canada otherwise would probably be interested in a couple. JC Whitney's shipping here is a little pricey.

Anybody Stateside willing to order on my behalf and then forward them on to me via US Postal?
  2. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    THANKS!!! This is awesome. I just bought the large case for $47.99 and while shipping was free I had to pay tax since I'm in IL.

The order process was tricky. The price reads $64.99 until after you put in your credit card information. The final bill drops the price right before you send payment.

Use the promo code in the first post!
    E
  3. cbx4evr

cbx4evr Still on a KLR

Oddometer:
    Anybody that bought this able to give me a size and weight of the shipping package complete with top box???
  4. bikewanker

bikewanker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought the Biker Babe their travel trunk a year ago and it has some history! The bike got knocked over by a runaway trailer and T-boned by an SF cop on an H-D:eek1 and no real damage to rider and only scratches to the trunk! however the cop bent the Ventura rack beyond use so I replace it with a Givi rack. Other than my personal mounting reinforcements :D I'm impressed. So I ordered a large one of these for my fly and ride KLR and got the good guy price. thanks
  5. verboten1

verboten1 nein

Oddometer:
    Just got my large one everything worked like a charm!!
  6. maxxgraphix

maxxgraphix Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got one in gloss black to match the tiger side bags. Metal mount and works great. Had it since June.
  7. loeky

loeky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order... got the medium size for 44.99 out the door. Added a tire gauge to put me over $50 and got the free shipping.

This is a DAMN good price and allows for shopping and errands on the bike without stuffing shit down my jacket. Parkings a bitch in SF and try to take the bike for most errands, lest I lose the good spot for my truck :]
  8. Moto North

Moto North Ontario ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the large one and it came to 47.99 with free shipping! Man thats cheap!:clap
  9. quema

quema Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the same. Still works. Used the same code. $47.99 (after you put in your Credit Card number, but before you click on the final place order button). They charge me and extra $17.99 to ship to Hawaii... but that is reasonable.

My friend has a medium, really decent case.

Thanks for the heads up.
  10. ediehl

ediehl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I couldn't get it to work on the website (in fact the website errored out toward the end of the checkout process), but I used the Live Chat and got it for $47.99 with free shipping. Didn't even need to add something to get the total over $50
  11. johnnyjs1

johnnyjs1 BadLines,SlowAs Hell

Oddometer:
    Got mine the other day...Painted the orange bumper flat black, put some reflective tape behind the reflector, and added some extra rubber bumpers on the protuding inner screws(just for added protection so it doesnt scratch a helmet). Took off the Iron cross sticker and replaced it with a BMW roundel..Damn this thing looks sweet!!!!
  12. walstib

walstib DeadHead

Oddometer:
    Hey Now,

Mine just came yesterday. The large one for 47.99 and some bungies to get the free shipping over 50 bucks. I bought a used medium a couple of years ago without the adapter and just drilled some holes, now I will be able to swap back and forth between M and L :D The medium has held up real well. Only had a problem with a hinge pin coming loose. :huh
  13. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got mine yesterday. :clap Looks nice. Haven't had a chance to mount it up. I set in on the rear rack and my wife went :eek1 She a rough enough time getting on the back with just Panniers. :lol3
    My fleece lined helmet bags are nice too. They backordered my helmet mask. Couldv'e use that riding today. :cry
  14. bermkid

bermkid 2 Smoker

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the medium size (the large looked too big) for my 01 KLR 650 for $44.99 using the link with frshp50 promo code after adding a $7.99 mask. $52.98 with free shipping. Yahoo! Thanks HandyPro! :rayof
  15. PCinPDX

PCinPDX n00b

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine up. The large came to 64.99. Got the free shipping too. Thanks for the tip!
  16. Boyd

Boyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys - I am actually the guy that starting importing them for JCW. I used to run thier motorcycle business (left in March). They are great trunks for the price. I have been using them for about 1.5 years. I starting testing them before we bought them. The only thing I would recommend is that you don't overuse the quick release. It works well, but if you use it a ton the locking mechanism becomes a little loose. Still holds well to the bike but it will start making some noise when you go over bumps. I am very glad to hear that everyone likes them so much for the price. That is excatly what I was going for. Good luck, good riding.
    :clap
  17. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Good job Boyd :thumb

Where should we look for bargains now (as in...where did ya go) :D
  18. opposedcyljunkie

opposedcyljunkie Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer:
    what is the allowable load inside these trunks? the givi cases have ridiculously low limits. like 6 lbs for my 39-liter case :huh
  19. InsuredDisaster

InsuredDisaster Sam's Summer Camp

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if this applies, but some racks on scooters and MC's say don't put more than "XX" pounds in it. Though the rack can hold more, they seem to be worried that it might upsdet the balance or something. Could that be the deal with the case?
  20. Z1K

Z1K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I seriously considered but went with the GIVI 52 liter in the end. Merry Xmas to me!

Attached Files: