1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Voidrider

Voidrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one along with a cover for my wife's scooter. The promo and special pricing is still working!
  2. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ANyone try this recently? THere's now a statement at the promo code box that says "Item does not qualify for additional pricing discounts"
  3. bootzilla

bootzilla Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer:
    That just means you can't use a free shipping code if you are just buying that item - but if you add something to the order that doesn't have any exclusions, then you can.

So if you bought just two cases and nothing else, then you can't use a free ship code (because no add'tl discounts), but if you bought two cases plus a small item for a few bucks, then you'd be able to get free shipping (because the small item doesn't have any restrictions).

Free Shipping right now is on $75, which is a bummer if you only want one case.

And for anyone thinking of ordering - there is a 4.99 large item surcharge, but when I picked expedited shipping (for like $7), it took the surcharge back off - so in the end I effectively paid only two bucks more to get it in two days - not a bad deal if it still works.

My case is still going strong, painting the orange strip black makes it look lots better, and for Beemer guys - the small-sized stick-on logo from the dealer fits perfectly on top of the totally bitchin' Iron Cross.
  4. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was trying it with 2 medium cases and still got the NO PROMO deal...
  5. debaisley

debaisley Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am glad I found this thread , the deal still works ! I was right about to pull the trigger on two E36's , this has saved me about 150 $ !
  6. notdave

notdave gets bored easily

Oddometer:
    dead?

couldn't get it to work :cry

edit: worked today after clearing cookies and trying again. weird

got trunk plus cargo net without expedited shipping and it worked.
  7. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Just a quick update on how great this bargain box is. I already used it in Baja twice, both times with miles of very rough washboard, and it's holding up just fine. I have been using nylon strap around it just to keep it from bouncing up and down.

[​IMG]
  8. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bouncing up and down ???
  9. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    The box has a little bit of play when installed on top plate, it could probably suffer some damage while going on rough roads, that is why I used the strap.

D.

10. duhgee

duhgee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered it, got the discount, but upon shipping Canada customs rejected it, so JCWhitney agree to resend it and this time it got through. My credit card has been around the block on it - charged $48, credited $48, charged $86, refunded $18, and now another $6 refund is pending because they didn't ship the stretchy net with it. Oh well - customer support has been great through this hassle.
    Now it's installed on my '08 GSA and it looks good and my wife quite likes the support. Here's hoping she'll come riding now.:feelgood Even with the topcase off, the mount plate looks pretty good. The emblem isn't so bad, but I'll probably still rip it off and replace it with a BMW or ADV logo.
    I recently got a quote from a BMW dealer - $900+ for their topcase installed...:huh uhh, no, I think my $47 top case will be fine. :evil
  11. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone actively using these as sidecases with any issues or concerns i should know about before ordering?
  12. wrecked'em

wrecked'em satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer:
    i love mine.they wouldnt be water proof but i guess you could work around that. mine went right on my givi rack
  13. bouldergeek

bouldergeek Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer:
    I just went through this process, and got it for the $62.96 after the $8.99 surcharge.

I was considering one of the Coo' Cases boxes, with integrated lights & keyless entry, etc. This is a ridiculously cheap alternative. I'll try to beef up the mounting on my KLR to minimize vibration. I'm hoping that this case will last six months in Central America.

Nice info, thanks!
  14. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:
    Just ordered it today for the Total price of $57.97. Thanks for the tip guys!
  15. opus68

opus68 On a dark desert highway

Oddometer:
    Ordered for $47.99 Thursday. Fedex says it will be delivered Sat. Woo Hoo!!
  16. ACDNate

ACDNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Maybe I'm missing it somewhere in here but does this work with the Medium sized cases as well? Want to order up two to use as sidecases.
  17. squallywally

squallywally Sad Sack

Oddometer:
    Did NOT work for me today. Feb 3, 2009 got free shipping but didnt get the large for the med price. 84 bucks I am so bumbed I feel I have been ripped off. Just kidding.

There was a guy that got it to work over at klr650.net on feb 1.

I am always a day or two short.
  18. squallywally

squallywally Sad Sack

Oddometer:
    Hey went back tried it again and it worked.

top box 47.99
    bungee net 5.99

66 bucks and some change with fed ex shipping and the surcharge.
  19. scrminbanshee

scrminbanshee Ready to travel

Oddometer:
    Anybody kno if it still works i tried and it didn't.....
  20. squallywally

squallywally Sad Sack

Oddometer:
    start from this link

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10111/s-10101/p-100000346517/mediaCode-ZXE/appId-100000346517/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000346517

or you can use the link in the first post, click on the part number down the page a bit. A new window will appear and you will notice that the price is 84.9? then go down the page and add what you want to the cart. you will then need to put in your personal info, con't checkout, then shipping preference, con't checkout, enter your credit card info, con't checkout, (don't worry it won't charge you at this point) the next page will have a review and that is when you will see the 47.?? PRICE. i JUST DID IT AND IT WAS 64 AND CHANGE SHIPPED. YOU CAN CANCEL OR ORDER AT THIS POINT.