Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. mtn500

mtn500 bush jumper

Oddometer:
    has anyone tried to order the trunk lately? I just tried and it said "item does not qualify for additional pricing discounts".
    I went all the way through the order process up until submit order and still no price discount. Is the deal gone?
  2. bouldergeek

bouldergeek Filthy, poor KLR dweeb

Oddometer:
    I finally mounted mine today. I used 1/4" plate T6 aluminum to make a substrate to mount the included Givi-style base plate.

It feels really substandard. It's a good thing that it is so cheap. the mounting and latching mechanisms are definitely not up to Givi standards, much less Pelican or anything remotely strong.

I'll play with rubber baby buggy bumpers, and see if I can get some of the vibrations secured.

I think for a long trip, just screwing down a Pelican 1560 might be the way to go.
  3. AvaChava

AvaChava n00b

Oddometer:
    Follow the instructions. It works. Just ordered
    one and got the free shipping, $47.99 price on
    the case, expedited FedEx shipping. Rax are next...
  4. DaleE

DaleE TransAlp Adv

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you. Sorry for getting back late on this, started a new job this week and not keeping up here. I think the last time I saw Karen's TA was at the BV HU meeting.

Most of my Alaska trip this summer was pavement, so the box didn't get too rattled. It has held up well, but the atachment to the plate does seem to be slightly looser than when original. I drilled a couple extra holes in the plate to attach it directly to the existing holes in the TA rear rack and do away with the bolts and plates that came with the box. Comprimised on where to mount it. Farther back would have given more rear seat/passenger room, but it also would have put more stress on the box.
  5. Fleg

Fleg Fleg in 2012

Oddometer:
    The first trunk I received from JC Whitney was broken at the hinges. That was two weeks ago. Today I got the replacement case, also broken at the hinges! That one is going back as well and Whitney let me use the $20 gift certificate that they gave me because the first one was broken.

I'm going to keep having them send them until they finally get it right.
  6. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I followed the link and it said promo code was no good for this item.

Edit .... I got the promo code to work for free shipping and the large trunck for 47.99. The fed ex did not take the 3.99 large item charge off so I just went for regular shipping.... Thx
  7. photohawk

photohawk neophyte

Oddometer:
    worked for me, I added the black bungee net and used the frshp50 promo code. Total price $57.97 for the large, and I thought $170.00 for the Shad bag was a steal! Thanks for the heads up handypro.:clap If you're ever in the pacificnorthwet the beers are on me.
  8. BCguy

BCguy Super Slabber

Oddometer:
    I'm going to order a large but need a bit of info first. Anyone who has just ordered one, can you confirm that the current model of the large case will fit a Givi monokey base with a bit of modification?

TIA
  9. BlueRidgeRuckus

BlueRidgeRuckus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i wanted to get a medium but it shows up same price $64 blah.. the large does work.. i had it in cart and when i got to end was $47.. wish the medium was cheaper..
  10. xcb

xcb On a Love Mission

Oddometer:
    Tried this just now, and it's still working. Awesome stuff! Thanks!
  11. owllicks

owllicks n00b

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the case and the promo code still worked as well as the cheap price. Thanks for the info.
  12. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one, still works. :D
  13. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just going to try this. Glad to see it is still a go.
    Lee
  14. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I followed PFB's quoted direction on page 26 of this thread and it worked just like he said. there is almost a $9 surcharge which brings the total to just under 63 bones for the box and the bungee net.
    I will post pictures of it once I mount it on my GS 1100.
    Thanks to all on this thread.:clap
    Lee
  15. Mtn.Bound

Mtn.Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning a long trip so I thought throttle rockers would be nice. I used the tip on adding an E and saved a buck on them too. :wink:
    [​IMG]
  16. photohawk

photohawk neophyte

Oddometer:
    I received and installed my large bag on Friday. Looks and feels like a Givi without the name or $350.00 price tag. For those that are wondering, it's tight but I can fit two Shoei full face helmets in it.
  17. LookOutLinn

LookOutLinn Strom Trooper

Oddometer:
    Just ordered. I got the large case and the bunge net for $62.96. I know others have gotten it for cheaper..... But I'm happy with the price I got!!!!! Once I get it installed, I'll add opinion.
  18. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got my trunk yesterday...complete with a hole the size of a soda can in the side of it.
    Called JC whitney and a new one is on the way.
    Lee
  19. Moooz

Moooz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You should have seen the cardboard box when my top box arrived. It looked like it was "kicked" all the way from China. I was lucky the top box was intact. It had one small un-wrapped piece of bubble wrap in bottom. I'm not surprised when I hear they arrive all busted up.
    however, the box is pretty nice for the cheap price.
  20. ak_flyfisher_ak

ak_flyfisher_ak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had mine mounted for about 6 months, but just painted the red/pink/orange strip around the front - what a difference!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now - just waitin' for the snow to melt... and waitin'... and waitin'...