1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Trunks On Sale......cheap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by handypro, Dec 18, 2007.

1. DakarMarc

DakarMarc Marc

Oddometer:
    Sweeeeeettttttt

Got it figured out.

The system only accepts it for the LARGE size case. For whatever reason the system lists it at $84.99 all the way through till you enter yur CC info and it confirms your order, then it magically changes the price to $47.99, make sure at the beginning you include something of value greater than $2.00 (bungee cords work great), and the total will reflect the Free Shipping discount as well. Voila there you go, smokin deal i think.

On a side note, tried to get it shipped to Canada, ended up have to get transferred to Internattional Orders, and had to explain the whole schabang, but get this......

Got the case for $47.99 PLUS FREE Shipping to Canada, and just had to pay an extra $7.99 + $4.98 for Taxes and Duty.

Total $65 and all is sweeettttt.

Never find a deal like that up here.

Anyone have a picture of the large case on their bike????

Thanks very much for the find.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
  2. rodsram

rodsram Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any body installed one on 1200 GS yet?

Pics would be great
  3. ncflashman

ncflashman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a large one that I'm going to try to put on one. I'll take pictures of the install after I figure it out. Hopefully it'll be here some time next week.
  4. ncflashman

ncflashman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is how I installed it on my 2007 R1200GS.

The only real issue I had with the stock parts was I had to cut one of the braces in half because of the middle piece on the gs's upper rack.

I will most likely go back over it with locktite and possibly some better hardware at a later time. I just took it out on the highway with as much stuff in it that I could and tested it up to around 70mph and seems fine but only time will tell.

Lot of rough edges on this trunk compared to the givi I had one another bike a couple of years ago, but that was also around a $300 trunk :evil

Here is a picture of all the parts that came with the trunk

The mounting plate
    [​IMG]

Under the plate is some foam to protect what you mount it to
    [​IMG]

The other parts (notice I have already cut one of the brackets in half)
    [​IMG]

This is the stock rack and I was hoping that by some magic it would line up with the stock holes....
    [​IMG]

So I ended up running the bolts through the gaps
    [​IMG]

I tried to come a little short of the bmw top rack on the front
    [​IMG]

Underside showing the brackets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After it's all snugged up here's how it looks on my bike from various angles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My helmet will fit in it and close
    [​IMG]
  5. DakarMarc

DakarMarc Marc

Oddometer:
    Excellent Pics,

anyone put one on an 03 Dakar/650GS????

I am patiently awaiting mine, but it will probably be a few weeks before it arrives.
  6. GSwannabee

GSwannabee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered 2. One for me and one for a buddy. Works as advertised. Price updated to 47.99 each. Just before I pushed the go button with CC info. Thanks guys.
  7. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango 1*

Oddometer:
    $64.99 for the medium even with the promotional code, the "E" in the third space and everything. I did get free shipping but wonder if i did not do something correctly. :cry :huh

Still a good deal though - thanks for the heads-up.
  8. Tony King

Tony King Rambler

Oddometer:
    Just ordered two, took a while but after adding the three dollar bungee cords the trunks dropped to 47.99 each and got the free shipping.
    Thanks.
  9. AmonTobin

AmonTobin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a large. You do have to wait till after the CC info is entered to see the discount reflected.

[​IMG]

These look similar to the Bestem 2012 cases I've seen on ebay.
  10. rodsram

rodsram Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks fcflashman,
    I have the exaxt same bike, and I an agonising over buying one of these or getting the GIVI.
    I always tend to "over invest".
    Please give us a report after you have had these on for a while - as to durability, weather protection etc.
    Do you think you could replace the reflector with a BMW roundel - "factory look ?"
  11. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    I have tried just about everything, but I get to the last step, and that large case is STILL $85.
    I guess calling them is still an option.
  12. justforme

justforme sandman

Oddometer:

i did it yesterday and it worked. did you add the letter E to the part number?

jim
  13. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    Amon
    I see you have a weewickedstrom - how did the install turn out?
    looks like a deal
    z

14. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    I have to wait for the tv repairman tomorrow (instead of my planned ride) so i'm going to mount the large case on the Wee. Hopefully I can take some pics of the installation and the finished product.

I'm anxious to hear what people think about the case. Is it waterproof and how it holds up.
  15. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine came yesterday. It will easily hold a 3xl HJC CL-15 helmet. The case doesn't have a gasket but one could be fitted. Even without the gasket, I think the case would be stay dry in a shower. I wouldn't want to trust it in an all day rain, though. It secures a lot better than I expected.

I mounted mine to a "BBQ" rack so in the event of a tipover, the rack will prevent the box from shearing off the mounting plate.

Overall, I'd say it's WELL worth the $48.
  16. DocHoliday

DocHoliday life is good

Oddometer:
    I see the large box part# already has an "E" in the 3rd spot of #, but i cut and pasted ZXE277022 # in search box anyway. It appeared to put me back in same $85 type product screen, but I went through the order process anyway. Added same bungee part# as others here, almost missed entering the promocode for free shipping (advertised on banner of website) on 1st shopping cart page. At least once you enter your address and shipping / card info you can go back and forward without having to reenter it all again. Then on last screen it reduced price to $50.98. I still had the option to cancel / or Place order, so don't hesitate to enter cc# to see if it gives you the reduced rate.
    My final screen shot before clicking "Place order":

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

ORDER DETAILS <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
    Item<o:p></o:p>
    Item #<o:p></o:p>
    Qty.<o:p></o:p>
    Unit <o:p></o:p>
    Unit Price<o:p></o:p>
    Total Price<o:p></o:p>
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 0.7pt; HEIGHT: 0.7pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="https://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/motorcycle/en_US/ui5_images/ShipCodes/HVYD.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Tom\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
    22-1/2"W x 16-1/2"L x 11"H Large Matte Black Travel Trunk<o:p></o:p>
    ZXE277022 <o:p></o:p>
    1<o:p></o:p>
    Each <o:p></o:p>
    $47.99<o:p></o:p>
    $47.99 <o:p></o:p>
    <v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 554.95pt; HEIGHT: 0.7pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="https://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/motorcycle/en_US/ui5_images/show-me-results-sep.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Tom\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
    <v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 0.7pt; HEIGHT: 0.7pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="https://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/motorcycle/en_US/ui5_images/ShipCodes/STD.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Tom\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
    Single Bungee Tie-Down Cord - 18" Long with 2 hooks. Heavy-duty 10mm diam.<o:p></o:p>
    ZX060485X <o:p></o:p>
    1<o:p></o:p>
    Each <o:p></o:p>
    $2.99<o:p></o:p>
    $2.99 <o:p></o:p>
    <v:shape id=_x0000_i1029 style="WIDTH: 554.95pt; HEIGHT: 0.7pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="https://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/motorcycle/en_US/ui5_images/item-detail-lastsep.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Tom\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image005.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
    Subtotal:<o:p></o:p>

$50.98 <o:p></o:p>

Promotion Discount:<o:p></o:p>

-$11.99 <o:p></o:p>

Tax (IL Residents):<o:p></o:p>

$0.00 <o:p></o:p>

Shipping & Handling:<o:p></o:p>

$11.99
    $50
    <o:p></o:p>
  17. sleazy rider

sleazy rider Green thumbed fool

Oddometer:
    I just ordered one of these for the BMW to go with the Jesse bags. Also got a new large cargo net for the other goodies that go on top of the back seat. This is gonna be a welcome addition to the bike. Great for storing the helmet and riding clothes while off the bike. Price dropped on the last page just like everyone else's. :clap
  18. Klutch

Klutch gringo goatrider

Oddometer:
    It worked jsut like everyone said. We'll see how this sucker works next week.:freaky :freaky
  19. FireMedicATL

FireMedicATL Supafly White Guy

Oddometer:
    Worked for me to, as of today.
  20. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    man i must be ig'nrnt....
    I don't see the free shipping thing... what I saw was free shipping for orders over $75...... aarrrghhh....

can someone post the 'free ship' promo code? the 75 buck one is SAVENOW ...... i need a diff