Tubliss High Pressure Bladder Leak-down Rate & Filling in the Boonies

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by motobene, May 27, 2019.

1. sharpie1

sharpie1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used to run Ride On sealer and balancer, used to is the key word here. I got a pretty good nail puncture which is usually no big deal, plug it and ride. All plugged up and take off down the road for maybe 5 miles and the tire goes flat again. That specific sealer is pretty slick and made the plug pop out. As I am a slow learner, I did this three times before I had to take the Tublis off and throw a tube in to make it back to civilization.

Maybe Slime would be better, IDK.
    renogeorge likes this.
  2. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve given up on sealers too. I am liking the mushroom shaped plugs better than the string type, although the string type is versatile enough to patch larger holes/cuts by twisting multiple strings together. FWIW
    sharpie1 likes this.
  3. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    One of the things Tubliss emphasizes is if using Slime sealant to use the tire sealant not tube sealant. I too had issues with Slime filled MTB tubes not sealing and then being unable to patch the tube.

Good thread. I have the parts to convert my 701 to Tubliss and probably will before a Baja trip next spring. Due to the numerous spiny, flat inducing plants where I ride in the desert southwest and in Baja, I'll be running a tire sealant. I'd like to try Quadboss but that will require prior planning (a weak point with me) as I can't usually find any for sale near me when doing a tire swap.
  4. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I used to use the mushroom plugs but had two fail. One in a motorcycle tire and one in my pickup truck tire both after a fair number of miles. Neither was in a Tubliss setup though. Using the sealant, I've never had to plug a tire but I imagine the sealant would make a gummy string less effective.

Edit: I did carry the special worms with the rounded bead on the end made specifically to use with Tubliss but never did have to try inserting one into a tire
  5. AbnormalWrench

AbnormalWrench Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just discovered the mushroom plugs too, and had to use one a couple rides ago. The hole was large and I kept spitting out string plugs, to the point I ran out on the way home. But the mushroom plug worked great, even on the decently large hole. Definitely going to carry that with me from now on.
  6. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    or possibly a different manufactures plugs..

The Nealey plugs worked well for me even after attempting a puncture repair with slime first (which didn't work)

Tools2.jpg
  7. Sam Hayes

Sam Hayes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use this in my 500 EXC with Tubliss we also use it in our race cars and have got to the end of a race and have multiple white plugs coming out of tire where there would have been a flat.

[​IMG]
  8. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    How much do you put (volume) in the front and also the rear tire with Tubliss?

Have any photos of your moto tire punctured with the product working as advertised?
  9. Sam Hayes

Sam Hayes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I put 8oz in each, also use for mounting lube. No photos of tires, but it looks just like the tires in video. They have more videos of it in action on their website.
  10. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    So are you saying that you have never had a flat to test the results on a moto?

I'm looking for real life experience not marketing promotional material.

11. Sam Hayes

Sam Hayes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No flats but have gone through 4 or 5 sets of tires in Baja and never had to plug a tire.