1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tucson Area Bulletin Board:

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by russbryant, Jan 22, 2009.

1. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Devout Atheist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want to do a shout out to Ducati and On Any Moto, for their excellent service. Before I bought the 25th Anniversario Monster I had poured over all the marketing material...it is the limited edition, paint, billet aluminum and carbon fiber that set this bike off from a 1200S. Mechanically it is essentially the same...I know, a vanity exercise, but I wanted one...

One of the "extras" listed in the marketing material were carbon fiber belt covers. When the bikes came thru, however, these were not included, on mine or any others. I emailed OAM who contacted Ducati and they agreed to supply them, including installation. No argument whatsoever. This is a $500 item retail, and about 2 hours of shop time b/c you have to remove the entire exhaust.

Thought good customer service deserved recognition.

Ducati did change the website 2 hours after I sent the email... :lol3

IMG_20190420_112958631_HDR.jpg
    airgord, Armyguy and oldfuddy like this.
  2. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good. I like the multi and monster. For raw torque/power my GT fits the bill. Looked at the multi and test rode a 1260 from OAM, but didn’t like the power delivery. Great bike, but I was used to big KTM twins and they deliver the power differently. Wasn’t able to take a monster out. However, I still hope to have a hypermotard in the garage some day, new, used, 939, 1100, think they even make an 800’ish, doesn’t matter. The hyper just looks like it was built to specifically address the inner Hooligan. And the red/white combo and even the matte black one from a few years back is striking.
    Benduro and kickstandsup like this.
  3. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
  4. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'm really happy with it. The KTMs are great performing bikes, I just can't get past the looks... :photog
    Friedom and oldfuddy like this.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    OK. My day is full today so we will have to work something out for another day. Weekdays are a little difficult for me so maybe next weekend.
    Friedom likes this.
  6. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lol!!!
    kickstandsup likes this.
  7. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    The Palo Verde are a bloomin' :clap

IMG_20190422_134515039_HDR.jpg IMG_20190422_124119383.jpg
  8. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    And the snow is melting up north... AZBDR time...
    Caffeine up with BRCC,
    then go do some Freedom 2019_0420_13524400.jpeg 2019_0420_17570300.jpeg 2019_0421_12284900.jpeg 2019_0420_09553700.jpeg
    STBNE, oldfuddy, DCrider and 3 others like this.
  9. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    cujof16 likes this.
  10. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Bdr with a pup?
  11. neo1piv014

neo1piv014 Garden Variety ADV

Oddometer:
    That is a perfectly gorgeous machine. That's the kind of machine you want to take home to meet your parents.
    kickstandsup likes this.
  12. neo1piv014

Oddometer:
    Looks like a blast to me. How do you like that G310 on the trails? I've seen reviews knocking it for being the 'little baby GS,' but it seems like a nice bike to me.

Also, are you starting from the south end of AZ? I was thinking about doing that stretch of it this weekend just to get out and camp.
    cujof16 likes this.
  13. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    I went last year and enjoyed it. We all got a free large print of our choosing as a thank you from PCC. You've got to RSVP if you're going to participate.

[​IMG]
  14. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    Just easy parts, graded dirt and smooth two track, not on the rough. He only goes where it's fun, no washboard and on slabs.
    Friedom likes this.
  15. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    I did last week with it (sans pup) and it did fine. I like it because it's a tweener bike, not a 1200 you worry about dropping but can go 100 on the slab connectors, and not an Enduro you can go 80 on the trail, it's 46 mph on both! Super fun on the trail and good enough between and it carries your coffee and tent at the same time. It is a really good bike for Darla on the road, she only likes 2 Lanes and hates droning on the interstate. Always anyways the back roads. So going 65 is perfect. We have an RV if we need to go long on the interstate...

It's not a bike for everyone, but perfect for some..

I'm heading to Prescott this weekend to watch some friends in the epic bikes whiskey 50.. but the lower section sounds fun! I wanna take a husky out to scout that "scary" section North of empire ranch...

Bottom line on the 310. I like it!
    YMMV...
  16. neo1piv014

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the feedback on it. For being a much bigger displacement bike, my KLR doens't really have any more horsepower, and what is in the engine is definitley suffering from my lack of jetting knowledge. Here's to hoping you have a blast all the way to the top of the state with your furry friend there.
  17. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Does anyone happen to have a ramp I can borrow next weekend? I am hopefully selling a bike and need to meet the buyer in Casa Grande. I have one narrow ramp that I used when loading onto a low trailer but would prefer something wider to use for loading into the back of my Tacoma. Another narrow ramp would be OK as well. I am on the west side FWIW but would drive wherever to pick it up. Thanks.
  18. Friedom

Oddometer:
    I have 2 ramps. Use them for atvs and a golf cart. If we can meet up for those knee pads this could work out well.
  19. WJP4

WJP4 Will work for toys

Oddometer:
    I have a very stout wide ramp and i live in Casa Grande. Let me know if needed.
    2 SPOT and swimmer like this.
  20. kickstandsup

Oddometer: