1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tucson Area Bulletin Board:

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by russbryant, Jan 22, 2009.

1. neo1piv014

neo1piv014 Garden Variety ADV

Oddometer:
    Hey, I have a weird question for everyone here....what the f*ck is up with the roads here? It's like your asphalt is made out of sand paper and broken glass or something. The (road biased) tires on my KLR are ground down to the wear bars after 2900 miles on the roads here. Had a good time out riding this past weekend though. The dirt roads up into the Huachuca mountains are a really fun way to spend a Saturday.
    Armyguy likes this.
  2. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Devout Atheist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the roads here suck, abrasive as hell with cracks, potholes and tar snakes. But it is sunny... :photog

On an unrelated note, my wandering F800GT has cleared Customs and is now at the Heidelberg storage facility awaiting our summer adventure. Woo Hoo! 3 months to go... :clap
    Motorius, cujof16 and Armyguy like this.
  3. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Slab is best used as a transition source for fuel from the thousands of miles of trails throughout southern AZ. . I think there’s more efforts put into off road trail maint than public road maint. Many trails have less square edges
  4. MaddBaggins

MaddBaggins Having a beer

Oddometer:
    I'm wearing a flat center on my Conti Road Attacks with all my commuting. Nearly 7K miles of nothing but commutes. Whats going on in here? been offline for a while.
  5. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    Just riding around a bit. Squoze the lemmon yesterday and kicked up a little gravel this weekend .. I guess that's something... IMG_20190505_193744_572.jpeg IMG_20181020_150203.jpeg
    MaddBaggins and Armyguy like this.
  6. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to ride Charouleau Gap Saturday...weather is supposed to be coolish and nice. Lunch in Oracle and then choose slab or backtrack back.
    BIG-E likes this.
  7. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    What are you riding, HTM?
    Haven't seen you on here in awhile, I've read your RRs though.
    I see you and 2 spot have met.
  8. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    KTM 350 EXC
  9. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    Thats not what you were in when we rode? Was that a 450 or 525?
  10. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    I am a bike whore.
    BIG-E likes this.
  11. neo1piv014

Oddometer:
    When/where were you thinking about starting this ride? Just gotta get my new rear tire mounted on my bike and I might be game for a ride.
  12. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    Mission to Arivaca today, and ran into another classic Brit...

IMG_20190509_130507819_HDR.jpg IMG_20190509_130147261.jpg IMG_20190509_110647186.jpg
    MaddBaggins and Armyguy like this.
  13. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    9 am with kickstands up 9:20 am. Should take about 2-2 1/2 hours over to Oracle. I haven't been back there in years so I have no idea how torn up it is. Staging area is off N. Lago del Oro Pkwy on the right side just before you get into Saddlebrooke (you take Golder Ranch Road to get to it).

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/us/arizona/charouleau-gap-road--2?ref=sidebar-static-map
  14. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. kickstandsup

Oddometer:
    I did, for that very reason. :photog
  16. neo1piv014

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun. I need to get my rear tire spooned on before I can join you guys, but it'd be worth the drive up from Sierra Vista.

EDIT: So I'm looking for the staging area. The nearest thing I can find on Google Maps for Golder Road and N. lago Del Oro is some trailhead called "50 Year Trailhead." Is that the one you're talking about?
  17. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    Again...the link...it shows you exactly where the staging area is (green dot), if you hover over it, it will give you a GPS coordinate.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/us/arizona/charouleau-gap-road--2?ref=sidebar-static-map
  18. neo1piv014

Oddometer:
  19. bisbonian

bisbonian Long timer

Oddometer:
    TEAM Arizona is looking for Ridercoaches in the Tucson area.

TEAM AZ mostly supplies the basic RiderCourse for new riders but there are other classes available. At the moment they are looking for more, quality, coaches in the Tucson area.

If you feel like giving up some weekends to teach new riders, and hopefully the more advanced classes will catch on, then maybe this is your gig. You will even get paid!

Think about it, being paid to ride motorcycles. You are just steps away from being exactly like Valentino Rossi!

Yes, this link takes you to the TEAM Arizona web page, I'm hoping this isn't considered spammy as my purpose isn't to try to sell you anything, but rather to provide an opportunity to get paid to share your passion.

https://motorcycletraining.com/beco...=constantcontact&utm_content=RC_Wanted_Banner
    Armyguy and swimmer like this.
  20. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    Charouleau Gap.jpg This guy totally earned his "Man Card" today. Anyone who has ridden Charouleau Gap knows that it is rocky, steep, loose. This guy made it to the top on a stock KLR, stock gearing, tires pumped up to 22 lbs. and only went down once on a slide out. Salute dude. (oh, and he had just filled his tank with 6 gallons of gas)
    2 SPOT, Friedom, cujof16 and 2 others like this.