Tucson Area Bulletin Board:

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by russbryant, Jan 22, 2009.

1. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marana has several areas to ride. Some open, and some nice single track loops that will wear you out. Many racers ride there to practice for AMRA as the AMRA courses are similar.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I have still got for sale a basically new TKC80, 90/90-21 for sale if anyone is interested.
  3. PatrickT

PatrickT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok thank you
  4. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    TWBD 7 Prelim Logo.jpg The best riding is about to be upon us Tucson. Trail Riders of Southern Arizona will have its 7th annual dual sport ride November 23, 2019, "There Will Be Dust". Staging out of Patagonia lunch will be at the classic Longhorn Steak House in Amado. Three rides...ADV, Dual Sport and Dirt Bike. Camping available in Patagonia. You will have a chance to see the joint venture single track system (TRS and the USFS) at Red Springs Trail. Sign up here: https://m.facebook.com/There-Will-Be-Dust-190745417777070/
    oldfuddy and Friedom like this.
  5. Low Down

Low Down ADV Misfit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Armada....

:lol3
  6. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    ah go take a train ride :-). (spellcheck)
  7. Low Down

Oddometer:

Soon enough amigo...

:nod
  8. Low Down

Oddometer:
    And Pauly got another bike.....

P1000681~2.JPG

P1000684.JPG

Triumph Speed Twin.... Straight up hooligan sleeper!! Maybe I'll see some of you broke dicks out on the road sometime....

9. MaddBaggins

MaddBaggins Having a beer

Oddometer:
    I'm on the road every day bro, just haven't ridden for fun in a long time. My rear tire is looking a bit flat down the center. Bike needs a bath too.
  10. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  11. Low Down

Oddometer:
    This thread used to be about rides, meet ups, some good banter, and the follow through of all that. Now it looks like fuckbook marketplace.... Good lordy.

Time to re-group on what this is for you FF's. Or not. I'm going to enjoy riding anyway.

With that said, I'm happy with the Denali D2 lights I tossed on the SpdTwn today. Fuckers are BRIGHT! Went with the datadim module so I can run them 50% power on low beam, and rock the shit when the high beam is on.

Also got the Meerkat crossover pipe installed. Waiting for the Arrow slip-ons to show up tomorrow. Then it's time to rub a few pennies together for a Corbin seat and some SW-Motech luggage goodness....
  12. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    A lot of people are active on the FB rider groups. Probably explains the quiet here.

Oh btw - bike for sale! Haha

99 DR350SE with a bunch of goodies. I went to something bigger. 20191004_134256.jpg
  13. Traffic

Traffic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're selling your only bike that works!? :fpalm
  14. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    A contrer! It's been down for a solid month while I chased down an erratic show stopping issue. Valves, carb, cam, all kinds of things were checked/cleaned/adjusted/replaced in the pursuit. Ended up being headlight plugged into wrong wire. Tripped the ECU or something.
    Both of the other bikes are r2r, faster, and better in just about every way.
  15. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of rides... TWBD is coming up...

IMG_8645.JPG
  16. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bike down at 22nd and Houghton. Cordoned off. Doesn’t look good. Sad.
  17. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    After spending several weeks riding around Europe, I start up all the vehicles upon return. My 2011 GS starts pouring gas out the left side...welcome home! BMW MOA tow to Iron Horse.

I'm the original owner and had the fuel pump flange recall done 5 years and 30k ago...it failed and that's what's leaking. Fixed under "warranty" (in quotes b/c the warranty long ago expired), no cost to me.

Much gets written on the internet about poor products/companies/dealers, sometimes deservedly so. Thought I'd recognize when a company and dealer do the right thing, no questions asked. :photog:photog:photog
    Armyguy likes this.
  18. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought about you the other day when I saw this bike for sale. Thinking it’s a wheelie wheelie good deal.... probably loose my license too quickly with it though.

IMG_8481.JPG
  19. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. HoosierTrailmaster

Oddometer:
    Rode over Bull Springs Road this morning to Patagonia, had lunch and returned the same way. So beautiful. Met this guy in Patagonia. He graduated from Ohio State in 1953. He is 88 years old. After taking his photo he kicked over this Cushman (well if you can call it kicking, more like "stepping") and rode off. I guess once you get riding in your blood it never leaves. Cushman.jpg
    airgord, Sledred, 2 SPOT and 7 others like this.