Tucson Area Rides Thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Becktastic, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    So is anyone familiar with Camino Cascabel off of Reddington(before the mountain)?
    It connects up to the entrance to the single track entrance across from 3 feathers staging area on Reddington, but in the last few years it has had a short (1/4 mi?) Section become "private property". New fences, a large ditch, boulders, all kinds of deterrents have been put in the way. I check the entrance periodically and see that the fence has been repaired, torn down, moved, ditches dug, on and on. Seems to be a feud going between a private owner and people who want access to the forest service land.
    I don't mess with no trespassing signs, that's not what this is about. Does anyone know the story about it though? Is was a great rugged 2 track before that little part was sectioned off.

Fun Wheel Drive
  2. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    Just a reminder that the 7th Dual Sport Desert Daze at the Triangle T is coming up the end of the month.

Here's the THREAD LINK for more info.
  3. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    Thinking of strafing the FJR up Lemmon March 13th. Anyone here know if the road is clean? I am assusming there is no more snow as it's been warm and dry here
  4. ten4dude

ten4dude n00b

Oddometer:
    Went to the top of couple of weekends ago. Road was clean. Traffic was horrible.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Unless you plan on going up at 6am you won't be doing much strafing on a weekend.
  6. Fastphil38

Fastphil38 AZ Offroad

Oddometer:
    Reddington Tomorrow? Ride On!
  7. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a roadbook rally weekend in the Mojave. Glad to see some activity on Reddington!

Fun Wheel Drive
  8. TBickell

TBickell And away we GO !!

Oddometer:
    Yep. Thats the problem with any road in Arizona now. Population has increased to the point of "time to move"..I'm lucky that I can ride on weekdays but even still too many bodies
  9. timh

timh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ride Name: The Domes
    Date: 04/02/2016
    Meeting time: 7:30am
    Meeting location: QT on Cortaro just east of I-10
    Estimated Length of Ride: 100 miles or so
    Difficulty: Medium difficulty, offroad experience required
    Notes: This will be big bike friendly, its mostly hard packed Jeep roads although there may be a little bit of sand. I drove most of the route once in my 4x4 but it has been a while so I don't remember exactly how much sand there might be. Some of the 2 tracks were narrow and winding. I am riding a KLR650 and my buddy a KTM 1190. We will head out through Avra Valley and work our way through the Silverbell Mountains and the Sawtooth Mountains. Eventually we will end up at the famous Casa Grande Domes. Lunch somewhere in CG or Eloy. Options to slab it back or come back another fun offroad route around the Picacho Mountains.
  10. Slimchance

Slimchance south of the border...way

Oddometer:
    HELP... Baja Ride to La Paz Riding. Riding 650 V-Strom. Starting Oct 2-3 '16 from Prescott Az. Looking for any interested riders to join in the fun!! Contacts: bertsfound@gmail.com... or 707 280 0572
  11. SpeedySteve

SpeedySteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The weather says it's ridin' time folks. Who's doing what this weekend? Was thinking a Ruby Road or Montezuma pass run on either day.
  12. alaskasail

alaskasail Arivaca Outback

Oddometer:
    It's first Saturday in Arivaca tomorrow (Sat) so stop in at the La Gitana if you are riding the Ruby. I might be able to tag along although I ain't so Speedy.

"Hello to all,
    La Gitana Cantina will be hosting a patio party this Saturday, November 5.
    Billy Shaw Jr & Co will be playing a little of everything including blues, country, etc.
    Billy Shaw Jr is an accomplished violinist.Winner of national fiddlers competition.
    Billy will be accompanied by Laki Skouras on guitar.
    Music starts at 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
    See you there."

Coffee at Gasdsen's on Sunday then a ride perhaps. You can PM me if you come up with definite plans. Or use my registered email.
  13. timh

timh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great event. Wish we'd had more notice.
  15. timh

timh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It has been posted a few other places for a while. Just thought to throw it on this thread today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  16. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Looks like snow on the Rincons last night. Makes for good Chiva Falls conditions!

"Fun Wheel Drive"
  17. Ignore Amos

Ignore Amos bruised, dazed & confused

Oddometer:
    Does anybody ever still post rides here?
  18. Friedom

Oddometer:
    From time to time, it happens.
  19. Friedom

Oddometer:
    What do you have in mind?
    Flipmode513 likes this.
  20. ridin gaijin

ridin gaijin riding > posting Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello all - revisiting Tucson with the 310 GS (used to live here in the 90s), and looking for your thoughts on Coronado Forest-Redington Pass area.

Any advice for spending 2-3 hours total, out Redington Rd. and then a loop or two around the forest roads there? Not too technical please as the bike's wearing the stock Tourances, and I need her to take me around town while I'm here.

Or, if anyone goes up there on the regular, can we meet up? I'm working remotely so weekdays would be great. Thanks! :wave