Tucson dirt near silverbell & grant?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by yzfcathy, Nov 2, 2020.

1. yzfcathy

yzfcathy Weeble

Oddometer:
    I'm on the nw side of town. (Silverbell/Grant) and want to ride my plated 525 to ride. Anything close?
    How far before dirt?

Or, maybe there is nearby dirt road that leads to dirt single track?

No truck or trailer right now.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I believe the closest dirt roads would be something heading south off of Ajo west of Kinney but I am not familiar with that area. I wouldn't expect any single track out that way but I am sure somebody else knows better than me. Other than that the next closest dirt roads I can think of, at least time wise, is east from the Marana Rd. exit off I-10 there are numerous dirt roads, power line roads, etc... going all over the place out that direction. I am just north of you and it takes me 20 minutes to get to this area but I have not ridden anything beyond the graded roads in that area (linking up with stuff east of hwy 79). I am on a bigger bike so highway riding is not issue for me, but also why I just stick to dirt roads.

To the north and west of you all that I know of is the dirt roads (i.e. silverbell rd that loops around the mine) at the end of Avra Valley Rd. but that is further away and again just dirt roads from what I saw.

There is also dirt roads heading into the Ironwood Forest National Monument (accessible from Mile Wide Rd or Manville Rd) but I have not explored that area beyond heading getting into sand that was too deep for the bike I was on past Manville Rd and turning around.
    yzfcathy likes this.
  3. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Cathy, I haven't seen or heard from anyone down there in Tucson for a while other than Allen. Do you ride much any more?
    yzfcathy likes this.
  4. Low Down

Low Down ADV Misfit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cathy, you've been missed... :raabia

Hope you and yours are well. Shoot me a PM and we can update contact info.
    yzfcathy likes this.
  5. yzfcathy

yzfcathy Weeble

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys. Haven't ridden much. Wonder if I can even hold onto the bars for a tankfull. I'll find out.