1. eNewsletter Sign Up

TuneECU for 990 - got tunes?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by jetpoweredmonkey, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Koen

Koen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Zuber posted a few of his maps in this topic. do a search and you will find the pages. I think it was page 11 and another one :)
  2. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crazygreek likes this.
  3. jmull013

jmull013 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Koen and zuber. Thanks for the clarification and direction.
  4. Grog

Grog Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    Some help required please...

I want to turn off my o2 sensors as a fault is showing on cylinder 2 and I need the bike this weekend.

How do I do that on Tune ECU?

Also when I click map edit in the programme it shows no mapping detail and says 'no map'...

Is that right?

I have search this thread back to front but can't find the answers...

Thanks in advance,

Grog
  5. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    TuneECU makes modifications to a MAP, not the bike. You need a map loaded in order to modify it. You can load a map from your computer or use ECU - Read Map to pull the bike's existing map out of the ECU and back into your computer.

Also, TuneECU will read the bike's map much faster if you load a map for a similar bike first. This is because it can be used on many mfg's bikes, triumph, ktm, etc. and many ecu's in each mfg. Reading a similar mfg/ecu will set up the software ahead of time.

Once you modify the map, you have to use ECU - Download to push the map back to your bike.
    Crazygreek likes this.
  6. Crazygreek

Crazygreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    zuber you must fix one video in YouTube with all the steps for all us that we are not so familiar with the tuneecu.This will be very helpful!And all of us must send u a case of beers:clap
  7. Grog

Grog Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    Worked it out with your help Zuber...

Thank you mate!

Grog
  8. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome. In Perth? I really liked Perth.
    Grog likes this.
  9. niKoTM

niKoTM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hello Zuber, where i can find the zuber2 map? my 990 it's almost std except for the roxx 2in1 and no 2nd bfly. Thnks
  10. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    There's a Zuber1 and 3 for the early 06-08 990 Adv's, in the other thread.
    There's a Zuber9 for the newer 09-up 990 Adv's in here somewhere...
    Just look up there ^^ a few lines...
  11. niKoTM

niKoTM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, I thought you said something about an old Z2 version for a 2in1....maybe is for pre-2009.

I'll try the Z9 and see how work's....Im dealing with the STD 11 R MAP.
  12. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh, Duhhh... I did make a Z2 for an 2009 2-1. I'm not too proud of it though. I'd recommend the Z3 to start. Then, if you see any vibration, tweek one side a little richer than the other.
  13. GenesiZ

GenesiZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

I'm going to treat my '08 990 on a new map tomorrow. I fitted my bike with the same specs (Leovince instead of Akra) and really looking forward on how he's going to ride tomorrow. But my question is, do i need to do the 15min idle reset? I've read that it's only necessary when the O2 sensors are on but I believe they are turned off in this map.

"mappa_biemme.hex - KTM 990 Adventure 07-08 with ITG filter kit,no secondary butterflies and AKRA with db-killers,EPC off and SAS removed.
    Custom map developed in dyno Banch. Thanks Max"
  14. MillerXB12X

MillerXB12X Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the triple clamp moto intake from alongat...
    2010 990 Std ADV with dual akra pipes, BMC filter, and Uni pre-filter
    I am currently running the Akra tune I believe (need to double check) with the secondary butterfly turned off and later removed.
    I am happy with the current fueling, but feel it will likely be lean with the new intake.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Maybe the power tripp Akra tune...
  15. Steinarsv

Steinarsv Who cares about the destination?

Oddometer:
    How about on a dyno? :drif

Its hard to tell.. I woud do testing with wideband lambda to be sure, but hey, people have been doing carbs for 70+ years based on plug colours and feel of the bike:gerg

Some local guru puts the akra map on 990's whith rotti and itg filters, and they usially runs like a charm.
  16. StupidKid

StupidKid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Could someone please help with a previous version of TuneECU? Perhaps version 1.8.2 or earlier?
  17. 97GrapeApe

97GrapeApe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone please recommend me a map/tune??

I have a 2011-12 ktm 990 adventure USA. Located at sea lvl on east coast. Its Blue and orange with Abs. Has akrapovic exhaust no baffles, bmc air filter. 16t front sprocket. I believe it has the sas and 2nd butterfly's installed. currently installed is the R map with standard exhaust. Km601us110202.

I believe the bike runs lean due to exhaust discoloration. Pipes are quite blue. My guess is a result of the air filter and exhaust.
    Looking for a replacement R map to compensate for the exhaust. Tuneecu list doesn't exactly have what im looking for. There is the Eu map however I am currently under the impression i would need to do the sas delete if i run a eu map and I am not intrested in that at this time.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  18. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    @97GrapeApe
    Blue pipes can mean both lean or rich mixture. More often caused by rich mixture that doesn't completely burn in the combustion chamber. Then it burns in the exhaust when it gets more air.

I have posted a map on this thread that you would probably like. Made from a Euro R map for an Acro exhaust, BUT it is leaned down in the lower rpm's to smooth out the throttle and give better mileage. It feels like you've installed a slow turn throttle, until you reach around and pull it open. I'm guessing 120 hp at redline and still gets 45+ mpg.
    Crazygreek, DeepSea and 1coolbanana like this.
  19. 97GrapeApe

97GrapeApe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Based on reading previous posts you have added multiple maps in this thread. Can you please link the map you are referring to. Is this the "9" tune? I would be intrested in the tune you are referencing. Im struggling to get through the 211 pages of posts currently only on 21.... thanks for the response.
  20. Norton guy

Norton guy Serial bike owner

Oddometer:
    Yeah, what he said. I'm still looking for a map that mitigates the throttle tip in lurch at low rpms.