Tuolumne Region Ride

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by offroute, Jan 13, 2006.

1. offroute

offroute Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This ride strives to hit "less traveled" backroads throughout the Tuolumne region of the Sierra. Many are single lane - twisting through pine forests and crossing many beautiful streams and rivers. All is paved, but during the season of our ride, landslide obstacles, and snow must be negotiated. Depending on the conditions, certain parts may be unpassable.

A complete report with Interactive Maps, Many Images and a GPX download are available at:
    http://www.gpxchange.com/gpxmap/mappage.asp?x_ID=101899&from=fileinfo&return=home&labels=1&background=T

2. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice ride, is your waypoint for rainbow pool accurate? A friend told me about it, but I never remember to look while I am there!
    Is your waypoint MAT 030 pretty close? It looks like it is across from what I call Cherry Lake Rd?
    Thanks
  3. offroute

offroute Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, Rainbow Pool is located where the SF Tuolumne passes under Hwy 120. There is a short road down to a parking area, but the gate was closed the day of our ride. I'm guessing it was a seasonal closure.