Turkey Day Trip

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ChristianRider, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ChristianRider

ChristianRider SwampFox

Oddometer:
    My little brother is stuck at a Navy base in SC, for the holidays. Everybody else is going to Mexico for my twin brothers wedding.
    Lil'bro calls me up and says he's having a hard time of it and can I pleassse visit him over the holidays - Thursday to Sunday..

I said Yes.

I'm in Louisiana, I'm leaving on the 21st around 4 or 5am, figuring it will take me about 12 to 13 hours in the saddle to get there, so I'm looking for any (free) camping sites or any members with backyards within riding distance. Also if anyone would like to go for any rides, he won't be able to leave the base to much and wanted me to put some miles on a new bike of his, so he can get the first maintenance over with on and brakes checked out. That way were hoping to be able to visit "The Dragon" on Sunday before I have to ride back.

I just finished getting a bunch of info on the Francis Marion National Forest, and at the moment it has some camping sites, I gotta call tomorrow to see how far their free area is.
  2. JAFO

JAFO displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer:
    bring cold weather gear if you're roughing it. S'posed to get in the 20s this weekend.

that said, they've changed the forecast by 15 degrees several times in the last couple hours alone. Only constant is the call for rain. That's gonna suck.

I'd offer you space, but honestly I have none to spare. My apologies.

If I get my cage finished off and running and have time left over it's not raining, I'll ride with ya and have a beer with you.
  3. ChristianRider

ChristianRider SwampFox

Oddometer:
    Yeah it got cold, my kickstand actually froze in the up position a couple times, before the end of the trip.

Don't worry about space, I actually prefer roughing it. I sleep in a camping hammock even in my room at home, I was actually looking for backyards to set it up, lol.

I'd lov a beer, how about in December, I was unable to log on in Sc, but if you pm me I will send you my cell# for future trips, which also goes for Mangyrat....

Edit: I had a mesh jacket and a light sweater under it, froze half to death, lol.
  4. JAFO

JAFO displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer:
    done sir, call any time.

Mesh jacket and a light sweater? Something like 1200 miles? I'm not worthy... :D