TURKEY TROT VIII - Oct 21, 22, 23 2016

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Vico1, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Everyone is invited to attend our 8th Turkey Trot to be held in Blackwater State Forest.
    No special permits are required. This is a NO-FEE ADV event.

We will stage from Wilderness Landing like we did last year.

We have picked this date to avoid conflicts with other events.
    Yes I know this is opening day for Bow Season.

We will focus on new and improved Adventure routes since so many have moved up to bigger ADV bikes.
    Of course we will have multiple rides for DS bikes and a great route for street only.

Make plans to attend !
    here is video from last year

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Turkey Trot 8

Wilderness Landing

Black Water State Park Area

OCTOBER 21 - 22 - 23

N 30 48.095 W 86 45.993 (careful with those coordinates – there are multiple formats out there - see different ones below)
    http://www.co.okaloosa.fl.us/pw/parks/wilderness

https://www.here.com/directions/dri...1?map=30.81533,-86.76169,14,satellite_traffic

Come out and join PAR for its annual gathering. Everyone is welcome. Even if you’re not riding come out and see what’s happening around the Pensacola area.

This is a no fee event. Ride at your own risk. If you do not have adequate insurance I suggest you do NOT ride.

There will be GPS tracks for each ride. We are still confirming routes and will publish routes when complete.

All rides (except street ride) are short loops designed to get you back to campsite within ONE TANK. There is no food or gas available on these rides. Riders are encouraged to form their own small group and venture out for their own experience.

Dual Sport North 1 – 52 miles of two track/dirt roads and very little pavement. This rides take you by Bear Lake and Hurricane Lake and over some of the best BW has to offer.

Primitive Camping Only – There are BATHROOMS AND SHOWERS on site.

Take out what you brought in.

Plenty of camping space for large rigs (easy access). Trot Camping to the Right as you come in. This is a public site so there may be others there.

Tent camping down close to river, hammock camping in special wooded area and then generator camping closer to the entrance. It will be obvious when you get there.

Motels and everything else are in Crestview and Milton (exits 45 and 55 on interstate) each about 20 miles from campsite.

Good food and gas in Baker FL about 10 miles from campsite.

There are many ways to get to the site but the best way (meaning the most pavement) is from Norman Riley Road and then East on Corduroy Rd – improved dirt road for about 1 mile and then another mile down two lane to Wilderness Landing. There will be LARGE signs.

Bring your own food and gas to the site. Dr. Philgood will cook breakfast on Saturday and lunch Saturday if there is interest. This worked pretty well last year.

Tee Shirts (different design) will be available again this year! Check site and order early!

Hope everyone can make it.

Thanks to all who help make this even happen.

TT VIII Flyer.jpg
    Hatch and YJake like this.
  2. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    In

Bring our Totem!

[​IMG]
    YJake and buryurfear14 like this.
  3. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Need a set of handle bars.
  4. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Dont worry the Madhouse Gobbler will be there.

I actually stick it in the front yard when folks are trying to find my house...

Incase you havent looked it has TT (for Turkey Trot) which have been turned into arrows. Also I figure the Turkey is Trotting on the sprocket... this should be our symbol for the tee shirts Tomcat is going to get us...
  5. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've said it before, In. Of course actually showing up would put me there.
    O.K. I should be there.
    Hatch likes this.
  6. buryurfear14

buryurfear14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In! Supposed to work that weekend, but if I can't get the vaca days, guess i'll be sick. Cant miss the trot!
  7. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    In. Had a great time last year.
  8. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    I don't even remember last year, but I'm IN. Imma try to do more riding/less drinking this time around.

This msg sent live from Munich Germany

no shit

Just got back from Hofbräuhaus

:beer
    pkupfer, Easyrider 58, Hatch and 3 others like this.
  9. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    And all year i've been saying I was going to do Bat Out of Helen and its the same weekend. Might drive over and bring the bike to actually ride this year.
  10. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan to be there again. I'll bring both street and woods bikes. :freaky

-Jake
  11. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Just added this to Page 1

Thanks EasyRider

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Tee Shirts -
    Tomcat has been commandeered to handle tee shirts again this year.
    I was thinking of something different.

High vis yellow with PAR on front and Manhouse Turkey on the back announcing the Turkey Trot VIII 2016.
    Anyone else with ideas? Chime in. Also we need to see about interest again this year before placing order.
    So chime on if you want one and with ideas. We will get size and number later if we have interest.
  13. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    May be able to swing through on my ride to the West Coast. Will be a short stay, and I'll either be on the DL, or the R80.
    Chicken Helmet likes this.
  14. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for a hotel that people have used and like for this event. Not a camping guy. Any big items going on Friday the 21st? If, so I might take a half day to get up there sooner.
  15. RidingAgain

RidingAgain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is interesting. Looks like a nice new place to ride. Maybe a good place to break in my Tiger xcx off road more?
  16. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    Maybe hunter Orange since turkey is involved. Otherwise i'm in either way.
    Hatch likes this.
  17. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    logo.jpg Shirt_back.jpg shirts.jpg

UPDATE: OK, so it's the first of October the order is being placed today. Thanks to all who have signed up for a shirt(s).

Cut off date will be the last day of September to get on the list for shirts. I don't think there are going to be any extras so get on the list if you want one.

The shirts are C.O.D. (pick up at the ride no shipping) Please if you don't plan on attending, make arrangements with someone who is to pay for your shirt and deliver to you.

(Sorry about the low res pics, the stupid site won't let me get a good capture.)
    I attached the in list for shirts. Let me know what sizes are needed. Thanks !
    YJake, SingleTrackJeff, Vico1 and 2 others like this.
  18. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    What about adding Pensacola (on top) and then Area Riders around the bottom of PAR.

I like the high is yellow.
    Orange makes sense too.
  19. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:

Your best bet is motel in Crestview. That would put you bout half hour away from landing. I will post up better direction later. Or someone can jump in here and post cords to the Landing.
  20. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really like the hi-viz idea. I'll reserve a large again :thumb. I'll try to plan on staying there this time.

-Jake
    tomcat125 likes this.