TURKEY TROT VIII - Oct 21, 22, 23 2016

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Vico1, Jun 28, 2016.

1. RidingAgain

RidingAgain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am trying to make it to this event if everything goes well. Although I would like to purchase the shirt if it helps support this event. Does it come in any other color though?
  2. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Tomcat is our tee shirt guy BUT - it only come in one color... this year its highviz.
    The Teeshirts are for the riders who want something and not to make money. We just hope to break even and keep cost down.
    Last year TC got it down to $15 a shirt since we had quantity...
  3. RidingAgain

Oddometer:
    Ok I could understand it being difficult to offer more colors in low quantity. Figured I would ask though. Thank you for the information.
  4. Gimmee

Gimmee Hoary Haole

Oddometer:
    :ksteve
    No I haven't,:dutch when I SEND you your shirt do you want Team Nancy to be on it?:ksteve
    tomcat125 likes this.
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    :rofl

I'll be there this year. I still owe you some brews and pistachio shells from the last shirt you sent me. :lol3
  6. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    To you locals:

Attached below is the start of our Adventure Ride GPS routes. I have three for the bigger Adventure bikes.
    The Adventure Challange is more for 690 and below.... or Big Girls with sand skill. I would not take my GS on this ride...
    The Adventure Mild has a good mix of street and dirt road
    The Adventure Easy with lunch routes you by Hunters Moon (Mickeys) for lunch.

You can always alter routes to get to food and gas.

The point is I need folks to ride these and give me feedback! I will be riding them as soon as it drops below 1000 degrees.

Here are Adventure Rides only... upload_2016-7-7_17-55-20.png

Attached Files:

7. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Whens that, the day before we show up? Its hotter than two girls kissing here.
    buryurfear14 and YJake like this.
  8. DTDowning

DTDowning Simpli Fy

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the maps Vico!! Looks like some good trips up there. Finally figured out how to configure the eTrex20.
  9. Flacrusher

Flacrusher So Many Bikes... So Little time

Oddometer:
    You guys in the panhandle and Jax don't know dick when it comes to heat. Come south brothers. We get the heat before you and after it's left you. It was 95 with a heat index of 105 when I rode my mountain bike yesterday. I returned a new man. Sick to my stomach, dehydrated, soaking wet and 4lbs lighter. Riding a dirt bike in this heat is far easier than peddling. Plus you get the fresh blast of 95 degree air blowing on you at 25 MPH instead of 10MPH. If I were up there, I'd test ride the routes for sure.

All the above was remedied by a cold shower and Vodka mixed with Gatorade. Be thirsty my friends and Ride Anyway!!
  10. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    It's like riding in a convection oven.
  11. jeepgeek2002

jeepgeek2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm all new to this kinda stuff.... my 1st "adv adventure" in over 10 years.. i'll attend this "gathering of adv riders" .. a chance to brush up on my riding skills
    but 2xl is the largest size? --- i ll have to suck it in when wearing it or else I'll end up with a "Hooters" half cut looking shirt.... Sexy... i know...
    Put me down for a umphfff 2XL
  12. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    We were talking about riding in the summer "wind". Peep says "go take a hair dryer set on hi heat and hi air blow it in your face and see how quickly you cool off".... Point well made!

BTW - its as hot in Alabama and GA as it is in Miami. Look at the temps !
  13. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    Yeah but..... On a mountain bike you can wear that awesome spandex! :kat
  14. RidingAgain

Oddometer:
    As a true floridian we just tell people it is only as hot as you complain about it. The more you complain the hotter it gets. So do not think about it and do what you need to.

Vico is right it is just as hot here in Saint Augustine and some times hotter as it is anywhere in Florida right now.

I will take 2 shirts in 2XL as well. Did someone say these were dry wick speaking of the heat? lol j/k
  15. Flacrusher

Flacrusher So Many Bikes... So Little time

Oddometer:
    Vico - Alabama and Ga cool off over night into the low 70's often this time of year. That means they can wake up and have a few hours before they get swamp crotch. They start getting hot long after we do in WPB and they also start getting cooler sooner. The term Hot as Balls started in swampy WPB.

Tom - Real Mountain bikers don't wear spandex! We leave that to the Racer boys whether it be street riding or trails. Even my brother doesn't go full spandex and he's a tweener. Butt, now that you mention it, maybe I'll give it a try on the KTM. A new fashion statement for the masses.
    tomcat125 likes this.
  16. Chicken Helmet

Oddometer:
    I think Eloy wears Spandex™ on his KTM.
  17. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Yep, compression shorts under ride pants helps prevent swamp ass. :thumb
  18. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    I bought a pair of those fancy compression shorts specifically designed for riding/racing. I couldn't stand them. They made my testicles claustrophobic. :lol3
    Easyrider 58 likes this.
  19. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Not much worse than a pair of claustrophobic testicles.
    YJake likes this.
  20. RidingAgain

Oddometer:
    Stay away from the moto skiveez adventure motorcycle shorts. Feels like a maxi pad looks like it would feel if it was 6" wide and produces swamp butt. Even after an 8 hour ride I was regretting putting on in the morning and would rather have the soreness.