Turkey Trot X - Nov 9, 10 & 11, November 2018

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Vico1, May 14, 2018.

?

What weekend for Turkey Trot X.

Poll closed Jun 13, 2018.
  1. Oct 26 - 28

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nov 2 - 4

66.7%
  3. Nov 9 - 11

33.3%
  4. Oct 12 - 14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oct 12-14 is out!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Final Date is NOV 9 - 11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    spelling nazi-ch1.jpg
    sperz1 likes this.
  2. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G0067105.JPG G0117596.JPG Bummed I couldnt stay for more food on saturday/sunday but my brother @spicciani and I had a great time riding with you wankers
    pkupfer, Ocala mike, sperz1 and 2 others like this.
  3. jeepgeek2002

jeepgeek2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats what you get for wearing purple pants with Stars on them at the Trott ...
  4. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    By "that" do you mean wear purple star pants =>> get fed and relieved of sobriety?
    pkupfer, Ocala mike and tomcat125 like this.
  5. Cappy6

Cappy6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Vic,
    Please put me down for an XL. I can come with cash in the next couple of days to pick up. Thanks again for an awesome event!!!
  6. SingleTrackJeff

SingleTrackJeff Lurker and Hangaround Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just started unpacking the camper and realized I never brought out the Alabama White Sauce BBQ that ForestRider, Kevin gave me the recipe to a few years ago. I wanted to have it for the butts Phillip made.
    Well maybe at the Bunny Hop
    Hatch, skid=mark, Madhouse and 3 others like this.
  7. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    I may pre-cook some butts for the hop. Would be a lot easier to just heat it up and eat it up! But the turkey may become a must do for future events. Hard to beat it right off the smoker. Not sure if you got any before it was totally DEVOURED! :lol3
    That chili was DAMN good by the way, good job! :dukegirl
  8. ZachM1

ZachM1 I'm a meat popsicle

Oddometer:
    The smoked turkey is definitely a must do. It was awesome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  9. ZachM1

ZachM1 I'm a meat popsicle

Oddometer:
    The only time I remembered to turn the camera on during the entire weekend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Spicciani2, Dirtwoman and tomcat125 like this.
  10. Dirtwoman

Dirtwoman Plexus Princess

Oddometer:
    Hey proof I can cross water without swimming in it! thanks!! And it looks like Marty almost went swimming at the end. No wonder he didn't want to cross the next deep crossing we came up on....
  11. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    LEN CRASH 2018.JPG

Maybe we should start a "Riding Lessons of the Trot" thread.

Mine would be: Don't go all hooligan when the trail is Grey Snot covered with Pine Straw.

Jake's would be: Do your night ride BEFORE releasing the Karken.

I will let OG create his own........
  12. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    And didn’t Vic JUST get finished with his safety speech??
    I guess we’re lucky to have so few incidents?!:lol3
  13. SingleTrackJeff

SingleTrackJeff Lurker and Hangaround Supporter

Oddometer:
    Senior Nap Time
  14. Easyrider 58

Easyrider 58 Control Enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine would be, "It ain't over till the bike's loaded in the truck."
    tomcat125, BluePill and ZachM1 like this.
  15. OrangeGarrett

OrangeGarrett Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer:
    OG update; TT Sat morn pre ride, warm up scooter, 1st gear, less than 10-12 mph, awkward fall on my back with left leg bent out to side. When I pulled leg back around I knew something was wrong, just didn’t know how bad it was. Big thank you to all the folks that got me to my rig, completely packed up all my stuff, sincerely offered to drive me home, get me into house, unload trailer and gear, got my gear off, got knee elevated and iced, carried me to my truck(I could not walk at all), gave me a major Motrin, etc...the Marines, Jeff, his daughter, Dustin. Skid, Fitz, Steve, Vic, Phil, Tony H and I know there’s more but I was in a lot of pain and can’t remember.
    Then all the people that called or texted offering to come to the house, unload bikes & gear, help with whatever,,,PapaWheelie, SR56, Waysheer, Skid, Jeff, Hatch, Stallspeed, Graybush,bncool, Flirtn w/ disaster, Gimmee, Lapdog and more that I’m forgetting. Said before I’ll say it again, pretty hard to beat these PAR people. Thanks to all!

Now for the shitty part, I’m sure I’m still in shock. Got 5xrays of knee Sat at Baptist, they knew something was wrong but said the good part is,,,nothing is broken.
    MRI at Andrews this morning at 7 then met with Dr Jordan and staff @ 8:30.
    It is broken with piece of bone along with two blood clots floating around.
    The patella tendon and ACL are both severed completely and look like little snakes wadded up.
    The meniscus and MCL are both torn but not detached like above.
    I get to decide if I want cadaver tendon and bone graphs or take them from my right leg.
    First surgery is scheduled for Dec 4th, I start PT this Friday to get the knee in good enough shape to do the surgery,,,too much swelling/bleeding now, and it must be able to bend 90 degrees by then.
    He said about 7-9 months and I should be doing light activities....after visiting most of the emotions, that humans go through, this afternoon, I’ve come to the conclusion that when put into perspective, yeah, I grenaded my knee but I know a lot of people that would trade their diagnosis for mine in a New York minute.

Thanks again to all the guys and gals that helped me out! I appreciate y’all!

Gonna be jealous and I’ll miss riding with y’all but I’ll be back!!
  16. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    Pretty similar to my knee when I was younger. Hope you heal well and fast, and I know that you'll be back out soon!
  17. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    Damn OG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but at least you are getting taken care of by some of the best surgeon's in the area (@ Andrew's). Prayers to you and a speedy/healthy recovery. Let me know if you want me to come over and push you around in your wheelchair with your helmet on and make motorcycle noises.....:lol3
    In all seriousness, let me know when you get out of the hospital and I'll come over to shoot the shit with ya!:beer
  18. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gary, Pal, I hate your having to go through this. Had to look up some of the medical terms and look at pictures. Had no idea that the knee was so complex. So complex that one picture doesn’t show all the pieces/parts of whats going on for the knee to operate.
    This is just one picture. 4 more on this site of same illustration and none include nerve or blood vessels diagrams.

9383D6C0-B294-4269-8BD1-8E2F0ADC2B1C.jpeg

Get well soon and you know I’m here retired and can drive you around to your different business’s till you get more able.
    Let me know!

OrangeGarrett and ZachM1 like this.
  19. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear the damage is so extensive, OG...I thought a torn ACL was the extent of it. That woulda been bad enough but shitfire, it sounds like you pert near destroyed your whole knee. On the plus side, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Andrews—hope they’re able to make you better, stronger, faster most ricky-tick!
    5558D481-67DF-4E92-B523-8D971322C891.jpeg
  20. mikej55

mikej55 Livin the Dream

Oddometer:
    OG, that hurt just to read about it! I am sure it hurts you much more but praying for a speedy recovery! Let me know if I can help.