Turn Signals

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by MPH, Dec 6, 2016.

1. MPH

MPH 1290 SAR

Oddometer:
    Associated with the other message posted here about hand guards, my inattentive drop resulted in the typical broken turn signal, so it's time to do those too.

The typical replacement is the Buell turn signals, but I've heard conflicting stories. Initial reports were that there were only two part numbers, Y05something3.A8A, and Y05something4.A8, or thereabouts, and front and rear were cross-interchangeable (Left Front also used in Right Rear, and vice-versa). Further investigation reveals now FOUR part numbers, and the now-desirable ones are the rears, due to shorter protrusion, Y0526.K and Y0527.K.

I found Buellparts.net, but website was broken and wouldn't allow me to proceed to checkout, and even though I received an email from them welcoming me to their Customer base (had to create an account), a reply message to them bounced-back as invalid. Also, many of the posts and write-ups were from 07 thru 2011 or so.

Might there be any advice from the Collective regarding where to buy these puppies TODAY? Local HD dealer does not have them in stock, but he said he could still order 'em. Maybe that's the route I take, if I cannot find them elsewhere.

Hope to hear of recent stories of Turn Signal replacement, complete w/ where you got 'yer parts.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
  2. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  4. MPH

MPH 1290 SAR

Oddometer:
    I wound up going the route of Buell turn signals still available through local HD dealer, but my experience turned out to be a little bit different than some postings over on VSRI. From what I gathered, the rear signals are a bit shorter than the fronts, so I went with Y0526.K and Y0527.K, and they flip side for the front installation (to keep the weep hole on the bottom). Most all reports cite an 8mm x 1.0mm fine-pitch thread for the mounting, but these are decidedly different: 10mm x 1.25mm fine-pitch. Mercifully, though it did require two trips, my local Ace hardware has a never-fail remarkable selection of hardware and I have nylon lock nuts and fender washers, ready to go.
  5. panhead_dan

panhead_dan This aint jo daddy's Grundle.

Oddometer:
    How much for Buell turn signals these days?
  6. panhead_dan

panhead_dan This aint jo daddy's Grundle.

Oddometer:
    When I got my first Buell, an '03 XB9S, turn signals were $6.50.
    Last I saw, they had risen to something around $22.