Gone Turntable - Fluance RT-83

Discussion in 'Other' started by RomaDakota, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomaDakota

RomaDakota Experts agree!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great turntable to restart or start listening to vinyl!
    I have been gently using this unit for about 11 months. No hickups, the Ortofon 2M cartridge sounds great and the table looks great as well.

Here is the manufacturer link -https://www.fluance.com/rt83w-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-natural-walnut

This is the model RT-83 (mid range model), as in the above link, without the pre-amp (original price $350+shipping). So, you will need a receiver that has phono inputs.

This turntable will ship in original packaging via UPS ground CONUS.

Oh but wait... to help revive your collection, I will include a contemporary pressing of Dark Side of the Moon - YEA MON!

Price to you(s) (including shipping and DSotM) is $250 <---- updated price

Why am I selling? I found an old odd Kenwood table locally and have refurbished it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Dumphead

Dumphead Errand boy (sent by grocery clerks) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Roma, nice TT. Where are you located? (I know shipping is included in your price, just like to minimize transport juggling.)

Also, nice little preamps are easy to find, in case a prospective buyer is worried about having the "wrong" receiver. Your turntable can play through anything.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  3. RomaDakota

Oddometer:
    I am located in the middle - KC area. The TT is not suspended type. I clamped and tied the tonearm in place. Fluance does a great job with packaging (unpackaging vids are on the y-tube). If it culls some fear, I can put the Fluance box in a box - matryoshka style with some added bubble wrap.
    phreakingeek and Dumphead like this.
  4. RomaDakota

Oddometer:
    Bump with lowered price.
  5. chornbe

chornbe The monkey's football Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's typical needle weight on that? I've got some really old vinyl that I don't play too often. I had to rescue a few discs from people playing them on ceramic cartridge tables.

I too am wondering about shipping it without original packaging. Do you have something (smaller packaging to include) to pull the cartridge and needle and ship them packed but not installed in the arm?

This has my interest. I have a lower-end table that needs some work, and if I'm going to open it to fix it, I might as well consider it a back up and put something better in place :-)
  6. chornbe

chornbe The monkey's football Supporter

Oddometer:
    (( SIGH ))

I totally misread the original post, and I see original packaging is included. This is waht I get for checking posts on the quick while software is building :)
  7. RomaDakota

Oddometer:
    Tracking weight is suggested at 1.8 grams. Adjustable.
    This will be shipped in original packaging (I purchased directly from manufacturer), however I will cushion even better by placing the original shipping boxing inside additional padding/boxing. The cartridge will be removed, capped and stowed as sent originally.

Sold - thank you!
    spo123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.