TW200 Big Bore KIT

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by 123element, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 123element

123element n00b

Oddometer:
    I talked to Bill Blue of B&B Cycles tonight. He make a 351cc big bore kit for the Kawasaki KLX250S. I asked him if he was interested in making a big bore kit for the TW200. He said he would need an cylinder to look at or just have somebody measure theirs to see if it possible. He said there would be a mimimum of 4 kits at a time. Anybody interested or know if it is possible? His phone # IS 316-640-3629 if anybody has a cylinder for him to look at.
  2. blowout

blowout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am interested in one for my tw200..
    here is a site out of germany... i spoke to him a while back. he sells a big bore kit for the tw..

http://www.tw-parts.com/

anyone speak german?
  3. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    :huh
  4. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are going to have a hard time bumping the TW200 up very far. It is such a short stroke engine that even doing a 3mm overbore for an XT225 piston is only going to take it up 214cc. You are looking at a 5mm overbore of that little cylinder just get it up to 225cc. And remember, you are basically talking about a 125 engine that is already bored and stroked to go from 124cc to 196cc. So reliability may be an issue if you try to go much larger.

Back in the day I had my XT200 overbored to accept an XS400 piston. That was a 2mm overbore (67mm to 69mm) and the mechanic figured we were about at the limit of what the liner would take with that. That 2mm bore took it from 196cc (same as the TW200) to 208cc. The XS400 piston has a higher compression shape so we had to make a pretty thick base gasket to get the compression down enough to run on premium pump gas.

After that it was a quite a headache to get it jetted right for the additional displacement, a Supertrapp muffler and opened up airbox. It was quite the little screamer when we got through with it. But it was a LOT of work getting the jetting dialed in. And we never did get it completely sorted out so it idled well. Ultimately it provided very little benefit over just adding a pipe, opening the airbox and rejetting a stock motor.

So, IMO, the bottomline from my experiment: I would leave well enough alone and just try to get the most you can from the stock motor. In fact, I still have that bike and plan to eventually put it back to stock if I can ever find the time to work on it. It was a much happier engine in stock form with the Supertrapp, airbox and jetting mods.
  5. SwitchThrottle

SwitchThrottle Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer:
    How about Shoe horning an xt/tt/sr500 motor in the TW frame? :evil
  6. SwitchThrottle

SwitchThrottle Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. blowout

blowout Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i want a bit more out of mine but i dont want a rocket or a grenade. ... but to have more power and a bit on the top end would be great. the motor is just not enough for 2 up on nyc streets and backyard hooligan stuff. alos the forks need to go!,, i have been tring to figure out if an inverted yz 80 set with tripples could be adapted.

there is a forum.. tw2ooforum.com that has lots of info..
  8. Fakenstein

Fakenstein Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Send this bike to my dealer for $4k and I will sell blood to get it. But the front forks need more travel. Or just send us the TRICKER for craps sake.
  9. HandyKappedJim

HandyKappedJim n00b

Oddometer:
    Email info@tw-parts.com for a 250cc big bore kit for the TW200. He has also bored a 125cc TW to 265cc, it was a beast to hang on to, but the clutch exploded through the case. The 250cc kit is the safest right now.