1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Twin Cities Area Campfire BS Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Daggy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got all three sets of tabs here. Now to replace the tires on the DR650 which are over ten years old. How does time get away from you that way. Same tires I rode on in the Alpine loop in Colorado in 2008 are still on the bike.
  2. Nick MN

Nick MN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man is that a nice bike Scott!! :raabia
    Hope to ride next to it this year when you're wringing its neck. That 1200 motor is a beast. Best of wishes with the family!

-Nick

FirstPath likes this.
  3. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a new set of Shinko 700s if interested. Purchased a few years ago to ride bike to Maine. Ended up not needing them and now run a full blown knobby. Still zip tied together. Let me know!
  4. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    Spamming you again... Ricardo has borrowed a trailer, and is looking for help today. If you can spare some muscle and some time, thank you.
  6. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I am a little late to the game, but it is in an area where we have hung out. NE right off Broadway.
  7. LSGiant

LSGiant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zipper in my Klim Badlands pants is toast.

Anyone know someone in the Twin Cities know someone who does that kind of repair ?
  8. C Squared

C Squared Now with TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any chance anyone is headed to Fond du Lac, MILW area this friday? Buddy needs a lift to get a car from me.
  9. Sleddog

Sleddog Ridin, again:)

Oddometer:
    Have you tried replacing the zipper pull?
  10. LSGiant

LSGiant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Teeth are loose in a section. I doubt replacing the pull would chang the outcome.
  11. Osnabrock

Osnabrock Ditch GPS

Oddometer:
    http://www.repairlair.com
    Repair Lair in Minneapolis on East Lake.

12. dajuice

dajuice Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check 4 corners canvas in columbia heights. They repaired the zips on our outfitter tent.
  13. Hipster

Hipster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give Klim a call. When I damaged the zipper on my Klim Latitude pants, they said to wash the pants and send them in for inspection, and even though the pants were several years past the warranty period they repaired them for free. They did an excellent job replacing the zipper, you'd never know it was ever replaced.
    MNimum likes this.
  14. Phil8dirt

Phil8dirt '17 BMW R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    Has anyone registered their bike as a collector with a model year MN license plate? If so I'm curious if you've ever had issues with local law in MN or WI when just going for a ride. The bike is ridden occasionally around the Twin Cities, rural MN and Western WI. Sometimes solo rides, sometimes with 1 or 2 other riders.

I've read what DVS has published, and called the DVS to ask them a few questions. What the DVS has published is a little vague regarding how you can use collector plates, and their answers to my questions were even more vague and implied more leniency than what I expected.
  15. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:

I did that with my '71 Mercedes and saved a bit with insurance. Motorcycle insurance and tabs are so cheap not sure it's worth the hassle unless it was truly a vintage/collector bike.
  16. Babbitt

Babbitt Vermin wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ok, so this is a long shot request.

I want to do an leap day saddle sore this weekend but it is to cold to leave from Minneapolis. My alley is covered in snow and ice.

If some kind sole would loan me a trailer, I could tow the bike south a couple of hrs Friday. Sleep in the van. Do the saddle sore Saturday. Sleep in the van again and then tow home Sunday.

So anyone have a trailer they would be willing to let me borrow for a pointless but fun weekend?
  17. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the event you can't find one to borrow, you can get one for cheap from U-Haul. I needed to haul a bike 700 miles back in January and I rented their designated motorcycle trailer. It was built like a tank and pulled great and was something like $15/day to rent.
    Babbitt likes this.
  18. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I haven't looked at this lately but I suggest you explore how your insurance treats this. Distance from home, annual mileage, etc
  19. Babbitt

Babbitt Vermin wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Insurance is an interesting question. I have not checked. I usually do a couple of trips and 2 or 3 of these rides each year. I also commute plus wondering around I usually come in around 15,000 miles per year.

I will take a look.
  20. Phil8dirt

Phil8dirt '17 BMW R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies. The bike is actually my son's. He picked up a '74 R90/6 last year and the license plate on it is pretty trashed (not the bike, just the plate). Since he needed a new one to look respectable I found a '74 MN motorcycle plate that can be registered, but DVS told me only as a collector plate. He is not considering a collector plate to reduce tab or insurance costs, just the "cool" factor. In fact he'd prefer to run regular tabs on a model year plate if he could, but I was told by DVS that was not an option.