Twin Cities Area Campfire BS Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Daggy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    East
    That KTM is unbelievable.
    FirstPath likes this.
  2. NorskieRider

NorskieRider Ultracrepidarian

Oddometer:
    A few of my friends have done that as well, and I expect I will at some point. Get one or two smaller bikes and haul them to where you want to ride, instead of taking one larger bike long distances.
    Klay likes this.
  3. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    70mpg thrashing it thru the bluffs to money creek. Saw 85mph at one point. Gonna go wander some gravel today.

Not much it can't do. :ricky
    FirstPath, *Gravy* and Klay like this.
  4. *Gravy*

*Gravy* Jedi Loser Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a friend who wants to get into motorcycling. I think that bike would be a really good one for him. Let me know when it's time to sell or put a link in this thread or something if you post it here.

Glad your swan song was a good one.
  5. Grainbelt

Oddometer:
    DSC_0900.JPG

Awesome day today in the driftless
  6. GARAGE DWELLER

GARAGE DWELLER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I put just shy of 400 on today...close to Money Creek....Harmony, Rushford, Zumbro Falls...area....
    Klay, dtysdalx2 and FirstPath like this.
  7. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Rode to the Fall out 60's drag racing yesterday at rock falls raceway. Must have been 5000 people there.

Flood run was yesterday too. Figured that out at the hangout (Freedom gas station) in Prescott.

Found a sweet spot to stop east of Nelson in the middle of nowhere WI. Around 275 miles. Came back through Wabasha and Red Wing.

Attached Files:

8. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    We rode a lot of the western half of the Upper Peninsula Adventure Trail this week. We had to make some mods in our plan due to 2 days of rain, but still managed a great ride.

Copper Bay from a mountain overlook
    IMG_4354.jpg

Lots of trails like this. We had to bail on this one due to mud after the guy on the Tenere crashed here.

20210914_103622.jpg
    FirstPath and Klay like this.
  9. wpward

wpward Stalker

Oddometer:
  10. SGrider

SGrider I give up Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went to Rock Falls with a friend but I drove there. It was funny seeing all the people waiting in line to get food at the main concession stand when there was also a Mexican food truck behind the main control tower with a much shorter line. I had a big burrito. :lol3
  11. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. I couldn't remember the mountain name when I wrote the caption and was too lazy to look it up.
  12. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Did you stay for the 8 p.m. cacklefest? RF put a little clip on FB. Cool seeing the flames. I made it for the 2 p.m. one and the burnout contest.
  13. SGrider

SGrider I give up Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was there from 10-5
  14. Scattergun4015

Scattergun4015 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is anyone in the twin cities planning to trailer their bike down to Austin Texas this next week for motogp? And If they are, is there a spot on the trailer to rent out? I’m going down for the race and my brother asked me to try and get my bike down so we can ride together.
  15. Bigbore4

Bigbore4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a group going down in a toy hauler, leaving Andover early Wednesday the 29th. We have a space. We also have an extra weekend ticket if you need one.

What bike? Both ways or are you leaving it in TX?

We are leaving the track Monday the 4th, but not returning till probably the 20th of October. Going riding for a bit then going to Blue Mule's I.O.W.A. Rally in Harrison Arkansas starting the 14th.

We have 3 going, hauling the bike back without a rider is a minor PITA, I will check with the rest of the guys. You think about what a fair price would be.
    dtysdalx2 and Ride_There like this.
  16. Scattergun4015

Scattergun4015 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    2016 Ducati pikes peak. One way trip. My brother who lives down there will tow it back the following week as he is coming up for my brothers wedding. don’t need the ticket. My flight doesn’t land until midnight Friday morning but I can arrange for my brother to meet you wherever you end to get it off your hands.
    let me know what the others say
  17. Bigbore4

Bigbore4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If we aint gotta haul it back no worries, yir in. We will be deciding on a load up day today, likely Sunday afternoon. Will confirm later today. Do you have a ride so you can get it up here and get yourself home? Have you trailered it before and know how to tie it down, meaning where to grab hold of that specific bike? I have chocks and anchor points. I have straps unless you prefer your own. It's a 35 foot fiver, way easier to bring the bikes here than bring it to the bikes.

PM for address and phone. I like to get it loaded a day or 2 before we head out, leaves the last day or so to sort out all our logistics items, like steaks and beer. If you can't meet us on our designated date I can make other arrangements for you. Retirement leave my schedule flexible.
    dtysdalx2, JackJack and mode12 like this.
  18. Klay

Oddometer:
    I have drank of the kool-aid. Stupidly happy here.

[​IMG]
  19. Klay

Oddometer:
  20. Grainbelt

Oddometer:
    Damn, man. Good for you!