Twin Cities Peeps... can you help a fellow inmate make a move?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Andrew, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Some of you may know Ricardo Kuhn, though I'm guessing most do not... he goes way back to early days of ADV. He moved to Minneapolis a few years ago, and is in a hard spot. He's been evicted, and needs to move his apartment belongings to a storage space two miles away. He's also injured, and can't lift or carry anything. He doesn't have money to hire a moving crew...

I'm a longtime friend of his, from when he was here in Berkeley, and trying to organize some help to get this done before the landlord puts his stuff out on the street. If you're up for pitching in, he says it looks like two 10-foot trailer loads would get it done. He's in the 1100 Jefferson NE area.

Thanks.

His smugmug: https://patineto.smugmug.com/
    Blue Mule and flei like this.
  2. b0yjeenyus

b0yjeenyus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 4x8 open trailer that I could help with, or he can borrow if he has a hitch...
  3. Andrew

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Are you local to NE part of town? I'll send you his info... he can't drive.
  4. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    Muchas gracias senor Andres. and Sean...

I'm very MUFAR AT the moment, broken back, a New Disc bulge the 28 of last month after 6 spine fusions, two years ago, somedays I can move the legs, some others they just don't respond (I never feel anything, not even nails on my feet)

Move to Minneapolis more than two years ago, but do to a horrible divorce never really left the house (I don't like to drive and I can not ride my bike anymore)

then I got taken to the hospital for 12 days and I find this at my door..

[​IMG]

80% is in storage already, but I can not move the last bunch of crap (still a lot, but I can not even stand up to cook in the kitchen..

Took me about 40 trips (If will take me 10 if i was in working shape) to move all this by my self (for every ten minutes I stand up, i need to rest for about a hours (Before, No i can variably walk on my own)

[​IMG]

https://patineto.smugmug.com/Living-alone-in-Minneapolis-/Things/Almost-Full/
  5. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    I'm going to need as many able body's as I can mustard do to my spine fusions is very hard for me to lift pretty much anything

Oh the good old day of dropping bike just for fun.
    Keep the gif on my smugmug page
    https://patineto.smugmug.com

A have a big van (e350 long) but will be great to also have a trailer and tons if boxes and packing crap

My landlord is getting hyper grumpy and I need to get out if here in a Gify

Oh my 1200gs is not in running shape and I need to trailer and I place to stash it fir a few days too
  6. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    Shit just got really REAL
    Have until tomorrow morning to vacate
    [​IMG]
  7. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve got a request in for some CMA friends to help. Stay tuned and check your pm.
    katbeanz, NEPA 450x and Andrew like this.
  8. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    gracias
  9. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    Been the stubborn MOFO that I 'm I manage to power thru they pain, fill up my van pretty good, silly my i left the blinker on and the battery got drain (I just don't have the means to get a better battery now..

In anycase I got it to the house and before reaching the charger by back lock up on me again and now i can not move my left leg..

[​IMG]
  10. Blue Mule

Blue Mule Persistent Slacker Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    Andrew and Blue Mule like this.
  12. Andrew

Oddometer:
    We're in a situation, friends. Hoping we can amass sufficient bodies to get this done today, tonight. Ricky has storage space, very short distance away (two miles), just needs help moving boxes from downstairs apartment. I will personally guarantee beer and dogs for all who can help.
    NEPA 450x likes this.
  13. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    If you can come please bring more cardboard boxes, I'm totally out of them and when i move from utah to here i made the mistake of letting the movers pack my Shit they end up packing ALL on their own cars (I was in bed after my 3th spine fusion and unable to supervise, but start to see my tools and bikes for sale in craigslist and it was nothing i can do about..

the boxes will let me feel at calm that i can hire "somebody" and will not steal my shit..
  14. Bigbore4

Bigbore4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What city and do you still need help?
  15. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    My legs start working again so i took a trip to the stroage unit and empty the van..

But man Maybe the Weapons implementations I did for hunting pablo escobar for "El bloque de Busqueda" are hunting me back..
    somebody park a freaking trailer right in front of the house, so now i cannot even load the crap since the walk way to the street is so narrow..
    [​IMG]

at the moment i have zero money but i do have a GL500 (sister of the Honda CX 500 twin) that i can donate, i even have the tittle (somewhere)

also i "Friend" offer me to stay (Only at night) at the bike shop he work and today i call him and he totally flake on me so i will need to sleep inside the van (diminishing the amount of storage capabilities, the storage pod still have space "Above" but I can not lift anything that high (for very light stuff) until the next deposit comes on the first of next month..

alo drop by costco and they just crush the boxes but i have some bikes boxes and plastic bags saved at the "Hub"
    also somebody broke the hatch window on my land cruiser (and stole a bunch on my tools)
  16. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    North East Minneapolis close of the bear bars and the quary right on bradway ave
  17. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    Also if anybody is interested on a Ford E350 7.3 power stroke diesel (Second Gen engine 2003) and wiling to sell mine for about 40% of what i have into it (a $1000 dollars or so) put $2650 on it but when my back stop working i was not able to keep working on the engine (it runs but it need some sensors and oring change so it runs right..

the White one is the 7.3..
    [​IMG]

I end up getting the exact same van with a 10V triton engine since i like it so much..
  18. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I cannot help out until the following weekend. I am an hour away from NE Mpls and we have 2 funerals to attend this weekend.
  19. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    of amigo you are excused you work enough keeping the order at the Tu mama basement..

sorry about the lost (ses)
    barnyard likes this.
  20. Bigbore4

Bigbore4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry man. Looks like I'm out. Best of luck to you getting through this.