1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Twin Valley Rally - Meadows of Dan, VA - Sept 16, 17, 18

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by nealcassady, Jun 12, 2011.

1. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went last year, this is a great get together, I can't make it this year do to another ride, I am sad :cry
  2. old_oolfay

old_oolfay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I understand that the little lady that was belting out songs last year, will be back again. I was about asleep in my tent and thought I was I was in Monterey and Janis Joplin was on stage.
  3. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    Wasn't aware of this Rally but it is in my own back yard and sounds interesting. Where do I find information about the scheduled Dual Sport ride? I need a liitle more dirt and gravel that what the Gap Attack sounds like, it's all pavement right?
  4. nealcassady

nealcassady Novice

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Gap Attack is paved roads... running up and down the mountains from the Parkway, then move over to the next gap and do it again. The Dual Sport Ride will be good too but don't have detailed info right now. I think it's a fair assumption that it will be a moderate route that can be done on a variety of bikes. I will try and get more info from the leader and post.
  5. nealcassady

nealcassady Novice

Oddometer:
    Yup, she's doing a show on Saturday night– will have a guitarist with her too. That was really cool last year... nobody had a clue and she just stands up belts it out. I think there will be a bluegrass jam on Friday night.
  6. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last years DS ride was mostly GS friendly dirt roads and an optional route that runs by an old shiners stand. I took my GS12 on the option but had to take the windshield down and remove a sidecase to get under a downed tree.:eek1 Several interesting creek crossings on that route too. All in a fun time.

Considering how well we ate at our July campout in WV, this TVRally ought to be a gut-buster. Ask Nealcassady for a pic of the grill at Yokums.:evil NVTS
  7. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Signed up, have a COG ride the weekend before but went to this last year and just can't miss this, now how to explain two weekends in a row to the wife.
    Mickey, I'm in.........:clap....
  8. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    We are still on the fence on this ..
    So we are a Maybe as always :D:rofl
  9. old_oolfay

old_oolfay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Senaca Rocks campground July

Where to eat tonight? Someone says We don't need no stinking Restaurant when there is a grocery store about 12 miles from here.

[​IMG]

Over the Mountain and thru the parking lot and back to the camp
    [​IMG]
    19 Scooter trash is about to be fed
    [​IMG]

How many cooks do it take to watch the grill? Hint:: the real cooks can be told by looking at their hats
    [​IMG]

Of course kool-aid was available
    [​IMG]
  10. old_oolfay

old_oolfay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Talking With Neal Cassity at breakfast Sun, He said sign ups for the rally was going well and that they are expecting to sell out, so this is a little push, if you don't want to miss out, because the event sold out, go ahead and hit the Twinvalley site and sign up.
  11. ajr64

ajr64 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in...
    looking forward to meeting some new people and taking my 'new to me' big pig out for some good riding.
    That, and it'll be my first weekend out of the house that I've had in a while...
    :happay

Alan
  12. nealcassady

nealcassady Novice

Oddometer:
    Last call... a handful of places to go. :wings
  13. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Signed up for this Saturday! We (me from PA, 2 from NY, 1 from CT,,, all on ST's) riding Skyline Drive and BRP to Willville.
    Looking forward to it!
  14. nealcassady

nealcassady Novice

Oddometer:
    Hope you all have a great ride down. It's a nice time of the year for the Parkway (don't feed the bears).

We have riders from 14 states!

<s>2 places remaining...</s> We're sold out now.
  15. old_oolfay

old_oolfay Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Speaking to Will (campground owner) he stated space would be tight, so if you can come early might be wise

See U there
  16. Quassi

Quassi keep on...

Oddometer:
    Working on getting the dual sport ride route finalized. The ride will be GS friendly and will, as any DS ride should, include dirt/gravel and tarmac.

Space on the organized ride will be limited, but hope to provide the route so folks can freelance if desired.

Details to follow.
  17. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    Really looking forward to this! Wilville is the greatest place to stay. I'm bringing Margie with me this time so I can show her around there too!:happay
  18. Quassi

Quassi keep on...

Oddometer:
    The GS freindly, 130mi 2011 TVR Rally dual sport (DS) ride will include a mixture of tarmac, well maintianed gravel, and poorly maintained gravel/dirt roads.

The organized ride will be limited to 2 groups of 8 riders each -- 6 participants plus a lead and sweeper. The first ride will depart Willville @ 9am, with a second group departing @ 9:30am.

If you want to participate in the organized DS ride, send an e-mail to tvr.dualsport@gmail.com to get on the list. In the subject line include "TVR 2011 Rally DS Ride PARTICIPANT." A GPS route file (*.gpx format), turn-by-turn directions (PDF format), and additional details will be sent to you via e-mail.

If you DO NOT want to participate in the organized DS ride, but would like the route, send an e-mail to tvr.dualsport@gmail.com with "TVR DS Ride Route Files" in the subject line.

Note: the 2011 TVR Rally DS ride route MAY CHANGE due to weather conditions.
  19. PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer:
  20. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was me! They threw it in with the 160 lbs of pork butts.