Twisted Throttle Has My Knickers All Twisted

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jonnylotto, May 21, 2007.

1. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    :baldy I've ordered from TT before and had no problems but this latest one is just the end of the line. Either someone over there is messing with me or they just don't care about someone on the West Coast. To wit:

On April 19th, I placed a web order for an SW-Motech Skidplate, Quicklock camera mount and extra RAM extension. I was planning on taking a ride to Oregon the first week on June and I figured a month was more than enough lead time in that this stuff would be "nice to have" but not essential.

My Amex was charged for the skidplate and on the 27th I received SW Motech crashbars for my Wee. :huh I called and emailed TT that Friday but did not receive any communications until May 1st (following Tuesday). At first I was just given an RA number and told to ship the bars back and when TT received the bars they would then ship out the skidplate. It was only after I "asked" rather pointedly if they were expecting me to pay the return shipping charge was I then answered by a different person who communicated that fact that I would receive an electronic UPS tag for return shipping. After waiting another full day I finally got an email pointing to the return label,which I printed and sent off with the wife (her work has regular UPS service) and now it's been over a month, I've already paid my Amex bill and I still don't have my skidplate:baldy

But wait! There's more:D

May 2nd I was billed for the Camera mount and RAM clamp. I received that shipment the following week, minus the Camera Mount!:baldy :baldy All the RAM parts were there but no lockring plate. At least this time when I finally cleared up just what was missing (partially my fault trying to get things done from work when all of the email and invoices are at home) Twisted Throttle Priority Mailed the Camera Mount.

So this last week I finally get tired of waiting, I call during their business hours and get voice mail. Leave a message with my name, both phone numbers and order number, saying I'm tired of waiting for the skidplate, please refund the charge and I'll go buy it somewhere else.

<crickets>

So I have two parts out of three of my original order placed back in April, 3 Twisted Throttle stickers (a $6 value!) and two Twisted Throttle Catalogs along wth a $222.33 hole where my skid plate is supposed to be.:nono

No more Twisted Throttle for me.
  2. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why don't you call EriK there and talk this out,,,,,you may never get a cancellation or refund via an answering machine message.

Good luck!
  3. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    Everytime I call I get the machine. I just gave up. It shouldn't be so painful to spend money with a business that carries what I want to buy.:cry
  4. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. markgsnw

markgsnw WTF?

Oddometer:
    hell, reverse the charges on your credit card, that should get someone's attention.
  6. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    I actually got an email from "Josh" today, saying their records show that they shipped two boxes for the order.

Well, first of all, they've shipped three so far...

but at least he asked for a clarification of what happened, confirmation that I still don't have the skidplate and he says they'll "fix it".

If I had to take a wild guess at this point (one reason why I'm just in a twist as opposed to a full blown rage) I think that no one has ownership of any particular order, the RA for the crashbars didn't get tied to the order for the skidplate for whatever reason and their software needs to be tweeked a little more.
  7. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Long timer

Oddometer:
    JonnyLotto - sorry to hear about your problem.

Your late April order coincides with the week we switched to new order management software and hired three new people... as you've found, we still don't have enough people to answer every phone call that comes in. The switchover to the new software was *painful*, but the new software will help us prevent problems like yours in the future.

I'm on my way back from last week's V-Strom rally in NC and should be back in the office on Wednesday. If you shoot me your full name / address / phone number via email (erik *at* twistedthrottle *dot* com), I'll get it straightened out as soon as I'm back in the office.

Please contact me off list to discuss further - I only check in to ADVRider about once a month during the summer due to our tradeshow schedule.

Thanks,
    -Erik
  8. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I copied you on the reply to this mornings message.
  9. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    They seemed really like nice folks when i dealt with them and i had no problems getting parts, i'd give them another chance.
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I've also had good luck with them, I hope your's is now changing!:thumb

Jim :brow
  11. stupolvo

stupolvo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I always have had good service from them as well - hope you get it sorted.
  12. bajones238

bajones238 Retired

Oddometer:
    Same here.
  13. klogger

klogger John Sawyer

Oddometer:
    EriK is a real stand up guy , he spent hours in his shop helping me install some new products on my KlR. I'm sure he will do right by you.
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I"ve had very good service from Twisted Throttle. It sounds like Erik is taking care of it.. everyone drops the ball once in a while, but how they deal with it is what counts. :thumb
  15. jorge

jorge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    its all my fault i've been working Adam too hard on my projects and made sure Eric was hittin the Strom gathering even though i had to bail... can't speak about the software thing or the new people but i talked to Matt on the phone today and we got my stuff straigtened out and that wrong number on the card is a bugger!

growing pains... suck for all ...

Its been said good service leads to a few referrals... bad service invites embellishment and more people talk about bad service than good service...

if a restaurant is good you'll tell people only if they ask you about it...but if you hated it... you'll tell ten people it sucks don't go! and you'll elaborate all aobut it... not to say you are over reacting... i've been waiting for my stuff too... found out why today... all is well... got a TT confirm it shipped and some other confirm from some other place too... that's all high tech!

TT is a good for us ... Eric will do the right thing!
  16. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Every retail company has problems once in a while--its how they treat those FUBARs that matter. Oftentimes we post on here to complain--don't forget to post a follow-up if things get worked out to your satisfaction.

I've dealt with twisted throttle and had excellent service.
  17. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi John,

I talked to Josh this morning - he confirmed that he ran your package down to the post office last night on his way home to make sure it gets out to you by the weekend in time for your trip.

My apologies for the delay on this order. Enjoy your trip!

-Erik
  18. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    and there was a box from Twisted Throttle waiting for me. I picked it up and shook it; there was the sound of rattling, broken glass. :becca

Just kidding.

It was the Skidplate I had originally ordered in the specified powdercoat black:clap :clap

There was another Twisted Throttle sticker in the box:huh

So the situation has been resolved to my satisfaction and I have to say I'll probably give them another order somewhere down the road. If it hadn't been for the original disconnect on the first item shipped this wouldn't even had been worthy of a post except in "Beasts" to show off the new skidplate and camera mount.

A thank you to Erik and Josh for getting this fixed.
  19. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    :thumb Sweet!!!!

Jim :brow
  20. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad it worked out for you and that maybe all it took was some ADVrider intervention!! Many times the squeaky wheel does get the grease.