Two 950's the TAT and for cause

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by juniorsktm, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mile0321

mile0321 Recon Marine

Oddometer:
    3rd page?

Frank & I are gonna have to through it down if ya'll let that happen again!

[​IMG]

We spent the majority of last night plugging in way points into our GPS. It was a late night, but it was worth it. We were a bit disappointed to see lots of freshly paved roads. :cry Were still in TN as you can see on our spot tracker.

Don't tell Sam, but ill pm you the TN route for free... you know what here it is just for tagging along: take a right followed by two lefts...then repeat :rofl

Couple of bridge pics for your enjoyment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and we ran across an old abandoned railroad tunnel that was the highlight of the trip so far :D

[​IMG]

I have some laundry to do now...all my clothes are wet for some reason? No I decided to take a dip into the river to cool off...bike gear and all :rofl

I'll let Frank rip on me for that...should have some good pics.
  2. mile0321

mile0321 Recon Marine

Oddometer:
    Long Day

[​IMG]
  3. BlueBuell

BlueBuell Banned

Oddometer:
    Excellent job guys, what a worthy cause too! The TAT will not disappoint you!
  4. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all! It's 11:30 eastern and I am beat! I promise to post up all the pics, including the one of Elton crashing in all the creek crossings in TN!:rofl

Good thing he's ok and has a good spirit...........Marine's are like that.

I will give you a teaser to come back, We killed a rabbit, one chicken, a snake, an armadillo, a bird and nearly 5,367 dogs..............funny thing was most of these dogs looked exactly like the UT mascot!:D

Have:D a good night, pics are a comin'!!!!

I will be glad to see MS in the morning................
  5. yater

yater Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah dude, I'm in on this one. Good work guys...and I don't mean the riding.
  6. BLINKER 152

BLINKER 152 mudlover

Oddometer:
    nice to see you guys doing the trail for a great cause. awesome idea!:clap you'll be leaving alot of the pavement behind soon:wink: .the boys in tulsa are great help if your headed by vinnies. they were great to us last year. i'm leaving in a couple of days, for another TAT adventure. going to be coming up on your rear if i can help in anyway. don't know if the ol' LC4 will be catching up to those big twins though. enjoy your ride fellas.:lol3
  7. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, got some rain here in NE Oklahoma, should be just enough to settle the dust. No worries. Thanks for the call, now that was cool, dont care who you are.
  8. mile0321

mile0321 Recon Marine

Oddometer:

Ya...try and catch us...we just made it out of TN, through Mississippi, and into Arkansas...we were flying!

[​IMG]
  9. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I am tired! After a couple of really long days, I owe you all a good ride report. I must say first that this has been everything and more of what i dreamed it would be.........

Yesterday we left the town of or near Sparta for the second section of the TAT.
    The day prior we had rode over 200 mile of two steps forward and three steps back:puke1 . This day had for us over 300 miles of the same junk. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the adventure but it is very difficult to look down at you r GPS and see that while Oregon is in the west, you seem to go northeast a lot on the Tennessee section. For me, an impatient person,this has been the most taxing thing on the trail. I keep thinking that I would rather be kicked in the teeth than to cross Hwy 27 and some other dang road that seemed to be playing games with us in our quest for Oregon. Anyhow, I digress and will get on with the fun stuff.

Yesterday, Thursday, I saw some really funny stuff!:D Mike ran over a baby rabbit that seemed to be set on out running it, it lost. I say Brad dang near kill two wild chickens and a rabbit, Elton killed a bird (it never had a chance) and I proceed to run around on the trail tearing my gear off due to a stubborn bee or wasp that decided it would be cosy in my jacket:cry Four solid stings and gear slung all over the TAT, my riding mates double back to see my half naked (ripped:D ) body frolicking in the middle of some dirt road. I am sure it was a lovely sight.

I had a cow run next to me for a while........I believe this was the dumbest cow I had ever seen! Now, wait....there was that girl back in......oh, nevermind:D

[​IMG]

I think Elton talked about the Tunnel! This was great, we went through this old abandoned RR Tunnel and once through went down and Mike tagged a pilar with the ADV!:clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From there we mad 3,476 left turns and 4,656 right turn for a total of 2 counties to the west...........not really but that's what it felt like:puke1

The fun started a little later when we ran into, not literally, although Elton one of us may have tried:D Really interesting the way these folks live. Must be nice to ride your wagon to the village pub and not have you wife or anyone texting you to come home........wait, I don't thing thye do pubs? Anyhow, not being able to be contacted must be nice. I kinda wanted this trip to be this way and it has been in many ways, but live doesn't stop 'cause I'm riding. Know what I mean?

We finally go to the infamous water crossings in Tennessee. I will say this, they are slick, but I don't get the issue with them........I mean, well, I would just assume folks would know how to cross them? Maybe that's not fair, maybe the hype from this forum has made folks nervous, maybe I have no point........it has been a long day. He is my man in one of them anyhow!:D

[​IMG]

Here are some other from Thursday, I am fading fast. I will up date Friday and today later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Fourth of July, I will add more later.....I am beat!

God Bless America!
    Frank
  10. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    Happy 4th of July - Screw England (personal joke) and God Bless America! - You guys are doing great. We're hoping to coordinate a rendezvous in Oregon and will have a chainsaw (or 2) to help you get through the the dead fall.

Carry on fellas!
  11. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Frank, FYI, non of the pics in your last post are visible... at least... not to me.

That tunnel is great, isn't it? That still holds up as one of the best all time things I have incorporated into a route. :nod
  12. DrLewall

DrLewall Master of bating

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Same here..all I see are the red X box's [​IMG]
  13. inspectorpacket

inspectorpacket back in the saddle again.

Oddometer:
    Lemme see if this works... gonna try and fix the pic links for frank...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:clap:clap:clap:clap

you just gotta know how to "inspect the packets" :evil

Glad to see that you are having fun !
  14. Shaykon Qwinney

Shaykon Qwinney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am very impressed that yall are using this ride to raise donations for your charities (two worthy causes). Great idea!

I am curious whether yall are camping or hotel each night. I assume yall are camping but no pics so far. Anyway, best wishes on the rest of the ride to Oregon!
  15. DrLewall

DrLewall Master of bating

Oddometer:
    That worked! :thumb good to see the pix!
  16. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Hey stobotz.

They have done several hotels so far.

I was fortunate enough to hook up with the "crew-for-a-cause" Friday night in Savannah, TN.

[​IMG]

I think camping will begin very soon.

Take care stobotz...:wave
  17. Dags

Dags I'm not British

Oddometer:
    Good job boys:clap
  18. MeanStreaker

MeanStreaker KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer:
    Can you enlighten us, then? :ear
  19. GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Packet! :thumb Now carry on guys. :lurk

Debandi that bike sure looks good.. :ricky
  20. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Guys,

The boys are stranded on the TAT in Arkansas with a sick 950.

Bike is spitting, lurching and acting like trash in the needles.

Frank's cell is 770-845-9849

Location is I-40 at exit #193

Approximate location is marker #49

[​IMG]

This is also up in Texas & Gulf states regionals.