Two 950's the TAT and for cause

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by juniorsktm, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    At this point, I'd be inclined to leave it on the bike. Taking it off risks dirt going places it shouldn't :)
  2. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    now that looks more like one of franks trips:lol3

just messing with ya frank good on ya for wnat you are doing and i hope you have some better luck and have a great trip!!

3. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:

that is franks bike i thought eltons was broke down???

anyway waht was the cause??
  4. Milhaus

Milhaus Made in Denmark

Oddometer:
    Good gravy!!! That is one full filter! Good news is...it is filtering a helluva lot of dirt. Bad news is...a filter that full isn't letting a lot of air through!!

Great report! Keep it coming guys!!

:ricky
  5. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    ::: Opps !!!! :::: That was me.... Sorry, Dyslexic, old, on pain meds and generally a bad typist.....

No excuse, did not take time to proof read..... I'll do better next time and buy the pie at Orak when we meet there some day..... :huh
  6. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Coates,

Elton's bike was the one broken down, the one that I was helping working on. The one that I was lowering from the lift. The bike that the mech was riding was mine, I put new rear pads on it and asked him if he would like to ride. He loved it, never ridden a 950.

Now as for the trailer and my bike, since I could never leave my riding partner the Marine behind, "Never leave a man behind" I put mine on the trailer so we could efficiently handle the issue before us. I am sorry that this didn't meet you approval, I will send you a personal message when I get to the Pacific Ocean in Oregon without any trailer.:D

I know you just messing around but my "fun meter" is running a little low. I am ready to get back on the trail and make some ground.

DLRides, thanks for the fuel pump advice!:clap

Ya'll be cool and thanks for the interest in our trip and especially for all the help!!! (even you Coates)I can always count on your helpful input! :rofl

Westward bound, Peace,

Frank

7. RealCowboy

RealCowboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Frank is a great guy and will let most anyone ride his bikes. He is the reason I have gotten back into this whole deal after a 10 year layoff.
  8. DrLewall

DrLewall Master of bating

Oddometer:
    so are we up and running or still broke down? :huh
  9. GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, good luck with the bikes running good in the morning. :thumb Glad to hear you are ready to roll on. :clap Make us DOGS proud and munch some miles in the AM. :ricky
  10. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    The guys had some videos. I can't get them loaded to photobucket just yet, but it is forthcoming. Right now, they are being hosted on my MobileMe.

A tunnel, soooo cool! :thumb
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3pNiV0PAOBs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3pNiV0PAOBs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Evil trees...:lol3
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFq_pMNzLnI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFq_pMNzLnI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  11. wswartzwel

wswartzwel Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    Maybe it was a patch catnip.. :lol3

Thanks for posting the videos.. Definitely makes me wanna do the TAT..

And upgrade my KTM450.. to a 950
  12. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  13. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just do it!

(The other Mike)

Yosso
  14. RealCowboy

RealCowboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Me too... Keep it up. Great to hear the bikes are good. JR even though your "fun meter" isn't what it usally is you are doing an admirable thing for the kids. Now all the homers in K-town need a reeb report.
  15. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    Another Video...nice drifting on a soft dirt road! :thumb

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnFCdoc_IDE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnFCdoc_IDE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  16. wswartzwel

Oddometer:

The V twin exhaust is intoxicating
  17. wswartzwel

Oddometer:
  18. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Hey Tinks..did they get the other bike running? Am trying to time it where I can meet em in Oark..if they still have to work on it, then a delay to oark is in order
  19. SVader

SVader Lurker

Oddometer:
    The other bike is running currently. Not sure what the problem was. They basically took it apart and checked a few items. The air filter was mostly clean, the plugs looked pretty good, the battery cables were about 2 turns from being tight but didn't find anything really wrong. The bike fired up and is running fine. Elton rode it about 15 miles to Cycle Gear and played around in different rpms and gears. They "think" they may have fixed the issue but not 100% sure. Frank talked to DLRides on the phone tonight and got some tips on what to do if it does it again. They headed towards bed a few minutes ago and plan on being on the road by 7am.
    They would like to make it to Oklahoma tomorrow but looking at the map camping at Oark maybe more realistic. All depends on how the ride goes.

Mile0321 and juniorsktm it was great meeting you guys, and ride on.
  20. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Thats good to know..TNX! Will head out early then.