Two bikes, one jug, Zero DSR - 2ERide the 2021 TAT with an electric moto coast to coast

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Am.E, Aug 8, 2021.

1. mtnbikeboy

mtnbikeboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apart from the suspension and regen issues, did Kevin notice the power difference with the Zero vs an ICE bike at altitude?

I'm surprised to hear the Zero doesn't have more regen braking. I wonder if there are stability and traction concerns with adding too much drag to the rear of a 2 wheeled vehicle? I struggle to believe that it couldn't be tuned to be similar to an ICE bike such that the drag would feel nearly identical.
    Am.E likes this.
  2. WKUWIZ

WKUWIZ Riding the Highway Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love that last astophotograph. Would you please share your camera settings and model with us?
    Am.E likes this.
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure where you guys are at in real time-------but Sam Correro is heading to the 3 step hideaway in Utah very soon---------you might see him there. Just talked to him.
    They won't be able to charge you there-------they are on very limited solar.
    Am.E likes this.
  4. GoneToPlaid

GoneToPlaid Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Of course the electric motor still has full power at 13000', which really does feel good. Electric Pikes Peak racers need larger heat sinks to get enough cooling in the thin air, but at our pace it's no problem!

I think Zero just wants to be cautious and only allow a small bit of regen that is unlikely to ever break traction. The controller can do much more, and people have modded their Zeroes with a left lever for adjustable, stronger regen. I'd love a hill descent mode that acts like idling a gas bike down a hill in 1st gear.
    modiorne, mtnbikeboy, MrBob and 2 others like this.
  5. GoneToPlaid

GoneToPlaid Ludicrous Speed

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm still learning so you'll want to look elsewhere for good advice. It's a Sony a6100 with the kit lens. Gorillapod and 10s shutter delay. Manual focus at about 6m. Aperture wide open. ISO 6400. 13s exposure. I used my cell phone screen to light the foreground during the whole exposure. The only post processing was to adjust levels in GIMP.

Next I'm going to play with taking separate foreground and background shots then compositing them. The moon is waxing so we may get some moonlit red rock vistas soon.
  6. Am.E

Am.E Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're in UT, we did manage to go fast enough to beat Sam to 3 step hideaway. Would have been cool to see him again. We did stop for lunch, cool story coming.

Also, thank you for your WR250R write up from however long ago on your site. That was a big help to me.
    BigDogAdventures and joenuclear like this.