Two stroke trailbikin'

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Dakar Dan, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought that I'd start a place to post some shorter trip reports and pics from trail rides in my back yard and further afield now that I'm not doing any epic ADV riding. After discovering adventure riding 10 years ago, my riding stable has included a couple of BMWs, two DR650s, a Duke and WRF & TDM Yamahas but I've recently distilled it down to a single thoroughbred pony. Here are my adventures with it. If you have an aversion to orange bikes and great scenery, change channels now!
  2. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    E875F5C0-25C9-4C24-85D5-61F0E4DBCBC9.jpeg AD2520AA-337E-454E-956B-D43BADEBC5D3.jpeg

A couple of pics from a ride through the Lockwood State Forest near my place in country Victoria around christmas. The XCW is a great day-tripper and looks to be good for around four hours’ ride time to a tank. Still dialling in suspension, jetting and gearing at this stage.
    LC8TY and Suncoaster like this.
  3. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    4C8ECD6E-04CF-40EE-A4DE-EFC4190F9AF2.jpeg 70338933-0F9B-467E-8DC5-21C466129CD9.jpeg

A recent ride around the Victoria Range in the Grampians. We’ve just had a blistering summer, now getting into some primo riding weather before a lot of our bush tracks are seasonally closed for winter. This route kicked off from Strachan’s camp site, which used to be a timber mill.
    LC8TY and Suncoaster like this.
  4. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    86E92A66-794F-4B67-932C-0B10987B443B.jpeg

More great Grampians riding with @ToriMish
    This is a fantastic area: if it’s steep, it will be rocky, if it’s flat it will be sandy but generally well maintained...other than damage from fires, floods and landslides over the past decade. Mixed vegetation including olive & pine plantations and extensive native flora. Numbers of fast black wallabies seem less than previously.
    LC8TY, Suncoaster and AzMtnThumper like this.
  5. celltech

celltech Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    great pictures and end product of the distillation! i've ridden many different bikes as well and have currently landed in the same direction. i'm back to a two smoke husky. i love the light, nimble ability it has and it puts a smile on my face as soon as i start it and smell it!

ride safe and keep the reports coming.

DCE6D92E-299B-4E97-AD4E-61C22089ECB0.jpeg
    Dakar Dan likes this.
  6. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent choice there! Be sure to check out the carb threads on TT if you have any issues with the stock Mikuni. Lots of folks are swapping ‘em straight out for a Keihin or Lectron but the TMX can be dialled in well with just a JD gasket kit, Tassanari reed block and the free “Jarvis” mods.
  7. Dakar Dan

Dakar Dan Long timer

Oddometer:
    1EC4DC13-7915-4BE7-BCE6-B5B4E9B1E42C.jpeg
    Top o’ the range, Mt Glasgow. I’ve now had my bike a full year, which has allowed me to dial in winter vs summer jetting specs pretty well. Once the carb shortfalls are ironed out, there’s surprisingly little difference in settings between seasonal extremes: just 2 needles, 2 main jets and a bit of air screw tweaking covers 12 months of riding here.
    LC8TY likes this.