two up in Moab

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Bulldiggy, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Bulldiggy

Bulldiggy n00b

Oddometer:
    I have spent a ton of time Mountain Biking and dirt Biking in the Moab area. I am planning to take my girl on a camping trip on mt 2004 1200 gs in a couple of weeks. first time camping off the bike for us.
    most likely we will do a day trip through the white rim and might hit up Montezuma creek road, but we are looking for some easy dirt back roads to explore and camp off of.
    thanks
  2. knight

knight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went through there a couple of weeks ago

Lots of free camping to be found ,we camped off #313 on Dubinky Well Rd at Barret flats near 7 Mile Point ,some washboard ,very little sand

I had one the most scenic rides of my life the next day when I headed out to 191 north , 70 west , 24 south to 12 south through Bryce and then on to Zion
    NGreenSxrambler and Some Beach like this.
  3. airjammer

airjammer Western Colorado

Oddometer:
    ioverlander app. Amazing app for finding great free camping spots.

most of the dirt access roads are well graded. MCreek puts you close to hovenweep and bluff, from there canyons of the ancients, valley of the gods and Moki dugway. and beyond. Typically, I run into more Europeans truck camping in Fuso,s and old MBs
    NGreenSxrambler and knight like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was out there last year and took my son and his friend to the start of The Whole Enchilada and passed a few nice campgrounds up the mountain as I drove them. Check out the Mt. Waas area. And if you haven't done The Whole Enchilada, my son said it was the greatest mountain biking he's ever done.

wholeenchilada.JPG
  5. NGreenSxrambler

NGreenSxrambler Need an adventure bike! Need adventures!

Oddometer:
    Did you complete this trip already? Hope everything went great! I travel to Phoenix often and I am starting to explore the area on 2 wheels. Moved away from AZ 10 years ago, wanting to explore the desert like your trip! How was everything? Biggest challenges?
  6. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    How was the weather?