U.K. Multistrada owners.

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yoozy, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Talk to me :-) picking a 1200 dvt up on Wednesday. What's a must do mod, decent places for bling, service, clobber and the like :photog
  2. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Must do mod would be to do something about the emissions control that strangle the bike so badly.
  3. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Is there a what's what? Ducati are new to me, but I know me way round a bike,,,,,, sorta :D
  4. sleepyOwl

sleepyOwl Long timer

Oddometer:
    United Kingdom of her Majesty's Tax Collectors
  5. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    I've heard that the non US versions aren't as bad with the infamous "flat spot", so you might be better off than some of us.

Either way, the full system Termignoni exhaust (actually a 3/4 system, as it retains the OEM head pipes) comes with the up-map key,
    and that alone makes a big difference. I've seen dyno charts that show a 16hp gain at around 5000rpm, but it only picks up a few at peak hp.
    It does wonders for the power delivery.

Windscreens opinions vary. I was "ok" with the OEM one for my size, and the fact that my Corbin seat is +1", but I just went to a Puig Racing that is a bit smaller, and has smoother airflow for me. More air, but that's fine with me.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2015-multistrada-1200.1047761/ in addition to the link from sleepyOwl.

Also, the S version is worth it to me. LED lighting, Skyhook suspension, full TFT instruments, etc. I have the S Touring - the Touring package adds the heated grip, centerstand and plastic panniers. I would have preferred aluminum top loading panniers like the Touratechs, but they aren't available for the 2015/2016 yet. And no, the MTS Enduro ones don't work - different subframe. :baldy
  6. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anything will be better than stock and don't feel pressure to make a bunch of noise by going with a full-termi. A pipe while keeping the cat will more than suffice. Bikes these days are so choked up that getting a proper mixture along with even slightly freer flowing exhaust makes a huge difference in terms of riding enjoyment.

I think I read somewhere on a Multi forum that the DVT is the cleanest burning motorcycle out there. If true, whomever decided they wanted a bike like the Multi to take that crown ought to be be tarred and feathered.
  7. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    The cat does most of the muffling on the DVT. A slip-on makes very little difference because the muffler isn't actually doing much.

I think that the full Termignoni with the baffle in is actually quieter than the OEM set up ! Definitely seems like it at idle.
    coast range rider likes this.
  8. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yoozy - I saw in the SD GT thread

If you don't want the Skyhook suspension on the DVT, but want all the other S benefits and upgrades, there's always the Pikes Peak. :wink:
  9. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got the basic with termi silencer, centre stand, red stitched seat, heated grips for now. Got a good deal on it all :evil
  10. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it contribute to the stock fueling issues?
  11. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got to say the one I tested had spot on fueling. Basic 1200 dvt.
  12. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone give me a heads up with some online manuals, parts etc please. I'm in Manchester and a recommended independent Ducati bloke would be cool :beer
  13. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I understand your question correctly - I doubt the cat contributes to the stock fueling issues, other than being a part of the lean emissions set-up. The OEM mapping is the main thing, because some people fitted the upmap to the OEM exhaust/cat system, and felt a definite improvement before installing the Termi..
  14. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Helllppppp meeeee.
  15. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On me way in an hour :happay
  16. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where's this bike been all my life, it's fucking amazing
    Florida Lime likes this.
  17. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad that you are happy ! :D

Now about that ADVRider requirement for pictures. :dirtdog
    Yoozy likes this.
  18. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Gordon Bennett

Gordon Bennett Just you wait

Oddometer:
    Brilliant, now open a savings account for the 20k service...
  20. Yoozy

Yoozy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had a cracking 300+ yesterday through that Yorkshire up to Hartside via Rivington, Skipton, Kettlewell, Hawes, Tan Hill, Stanhope, Middleton and Teesdale and Alston. This bike seems custom built for me. Love it. Pretty much deserted roads and one of the best rides I've had for years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never gone down the bends from Hartside with so much confidence on a bike before. It's so light and neutral handling. Me toe sliders are trashed.

:raabia