1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ugh! I'm so lost. Need tire recommendations...

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Enthusiastic Newbie, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    I know. It's being practical... but... knobby tyres LOOK SO COOL.
  2. AUTOT3K

AUTOT3K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What sort of mileage are you getting out of them?
  3. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I can’t speak to mileage as I switched to the Anakee’s on my previous bike early last year and then traded it in for a new one. Back to Metzeler Tourance Nexts which I cant stand :doh. I put a few thousand miles on the Anakees mostly on mountain twisties at speed and loved them. Little bit of off pavement as well and they held there own. They looked pretty tough as well for not being full knobbys.
    D238AF8E-6541-49AC-960B-F0D923EE0736.jpeg
  4. Enthusiastic Newbie

Enthusiastic Newbie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay, so...once again, I'm still torn: was leaning towards a Mitas E-07 rear, TKC80 front. NOW, I've come across the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires. Anybody with these Trailmax tires that would like to talk me out of the Mitas/TKC combo for these? I haven't really encountered anything negative about the Trailmax Missions except that mounting can be tricky.
    Blakduk likes this.
  5. AloneInTheHills

AloneInTheHills Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FWIW I don't ride in a lot of wet, but when I do I'd never found the Mitas rear or TKC80 front at all squirrelly. I've done fast miles in both rain and hail storms through mountain roads. I've heard others say the K60 is a bit looser in the wet. I do recommend the E07 over the E07+, I think they brought the E07 back in the correct size for the Tiger after they previously dropped it. Just scrub in the rear in some dry and after about 100 miles to take the shine off, it's good. I would recommend coverting the rear to tubeless (there's a whole thread on it in this Tiger thread), just makes any puncture repair much easier with these hard sidewall tires (I run the dakar version) and the odds of ripping a sidewall are small unless you're riding some more extreme stuff (I carry a tube just in case).

[Edit: I typically get >8k miles with this setup]

Chaparral Motorsports did a good review of a bunch of tires, only critique is they only tested matched front and rear vs looking for the best front amd rear combo for different riding.

Blakduk likes this.
  6. Oldjack

Oldjack n00b

Oddometer:
    Got 22,000 klms (13,750 mls) out of a set of Motoz GPS on a Suzuki V Strom 650, riding two thirds sealed roads, one third gravel and dirt. Towards the end of their life the rubber was getting harder and I lost confidence in them on wet sealed roads. Good value when you take into consideration the high mileage. Both front and rear wore evenly without any undue noise. I use tubeless. I wouldn’t like to try to break the bead on the side of the road with these heavy walled Motoz.
  7. ZoomerP

ZoomerP . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Blakduk likes this.