Ultimate f850gs adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Toby9843, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Toby9843

Toby9843 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone. So after much deliberation and test riding I've finally pulled the trigger on an f850gs adventure.
    I have the sports model with rally trim and the comfort and premium packs and full luggage.
    What I'd like to know is what does everyone think about the best set ups for them?
    Im interested in the little extras that people find useful. Things like how to set up my Tom Tom so it runs off the battery but doesn't drain it, heated clothing, phone charging and all the other little nick macks that people love. Pics would be great as well. I want to try and build the ultimate bike for exploring and running all my kit.
    I look forward to hearing what's out there
  2. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:
    ABS Pro, to get offroad pro mode

altrider or blackdog skid plate

barrisers

barkbuster handguards

luggage rack

soft panniers

wunderlich lower crashbar reinforcement

Gebring heated jacket (gloves are to thick)

Small compressor (can use same plug as gebring)

Offroad tires TKC80, Heidenau Scout, Annakee wild etc.

Replacement Shock (fir serious offroading the bike really dips in the back)
  3. Toby9843

Toby9843 n00b

Oddometer:
    Fantastic suggestions mate. I'll look into all of them. I'm keen to learn all about what other people have done to make their bikes personal to them. Really interoin the off road part of it all too. Thanks
  4. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:
    Hi Toby,

Did not do all the recommendations yet, some are still on hold for the lack of €€€ or because they are not available yet.

Specifically eyeing on the Altrider skidplate for the 850GSA, but it will be out soon.

But from the other motorcycles I have ridden offroad, the above would be my recommendation.

Enjoy riding :-)
  5. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having the right tires is really important if you intend to ride off road, and it is even more important if you are learning how to handle a big bike off road. With the right tires you will learn faster and fall less, dropping a new BMW gets real expensive real quick.
  6. Kwafo

Kwafo Two wheeler

Oddometer:
    And you ride harder and faster, so don't know if knobby tires are always appropriate...

Never regret not having knobby tires in the beginning, after 2 or 3 years ADV riding I switched to knobby tires for more hardcore offroading.

But it also depends where you live i guess.