Ultra rugged Kyocera phones,GPS smartphones ..my guide

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by PDX Alamo, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    See post #5347 for another option that you might consider.
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    you HAVE to have the Sim card in the phone, in order to add/edit APN. on some versions you can't even access the apn section of settings unless you have a sim card in the phone.

developer mode doesn't matter.

post a screenshot of the error message.
  3. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hi ohgood, I know the SIM card has to be in the phone. When it is in the AT&t phone I still cannot save any APN settings. If I move my cricket card to the Verizon phone I still cannot save any APN settings. The ones that are there in the phone are grayed out, can't make a change to them. If I click on the plus button a screen opens up that allows me to type in the APN settings I want but when I click on save they go away nothing gets saved and the error message that I posted is exactly what it says
    ohgood likes this.
  4. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Ive got a Samsung Select EVO 256gb Micro SD card (had it laying around, so I figured why not use it) to expand the hard drive. I have formatted it to exfat and still getting "SD Card Removed/Unsupported" Message. I read where the Duraforce Pro will accept up to a 256gb sd card. Any suggestions to why this one is not working?
  5. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think exFAT is proper for the phone. Use the menu in the phone to format it
    PineLaneRider likes this.
  6. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Tried that first and it wont do anything. As soon as the SD card is inserted the message of being unsupported appears. I thought I could format the card from the computer first. I can erase the card on the phone, but that is it.
  7. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Even if the message comes up can't you go in to the settings and format it?
  8. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the SD card has to be formatted in the phone. Are you saying you can't do that ?
    I know I formatted the one I have in my phone with my phone. When I inserted the sd card in the phone it asked me if I wanted to format it as internal or external storage. choose external or you will loose all you phones internal storage and only have what the sd card is.
  9. maden

maden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When i added a SD card in my Blackview BV6100 i first formated it to FAT on my computer, then inserted it in the phone. When i went to the SD card settings i got the option to format again to work as internal storage...
  10. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    The only options I am seeing under Storage for the SD Card is Mount SD Card and Erase SD Card. I can erase SD, but not mount it. I am thinking that this SD is not compatible. Ill order another and try it again.
  11. ohgood

Oddometer:
    that's odd, seems like I had to call the carrier and get them to update the Sim card or phone firmware one time...
  12. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Ordering a replacement Micro SD. Any recommendations on one that will work right out of the box?
  13. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    What does it say after you erase the SD?
  14. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Thats when I get the SD Card is removed/unsupported message. It knows when one is inserted, just doesn’t do anything but that message when it is erased. The two options in the settings are erase and mount.
  15. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd try formatting the SD card as FAT32 using a computer before I gave up on it. That seems to be the most universally recognized format available.

Windows will not format cards bigger than 32Gb as FAT32, but the free version of EaseUs Partition Master will get the job done. Mac and Linux should also work.

assquatch20 likes this.
  16. Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer:

Must be something to do with this SD. Formatted to Fat32. Phone recognizes SD card, says its blank and needs to be formatted and then I get the same old message of SD is removed/unsupported. Looks like I need to try another. This is one I had laying around from work, so no big deal. Probably won't order that same one just incase its something to do with that specific one. Suggestions?
    peterhively likes this.
  17. ohgood

Oddometer:
    32gb SanDisk had been cheap and reliable in all modern devices (GoPro/phones) for me.
    Bearded Hooligan likes this.
  18. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    I use San disk sd cards from walmart in all my phones and other stuff. they have always workrd good. for me
    9Realms likes this.
  19. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a new sim from the cricket store a few days ago and it did not make any difference.
  20. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    I have windows 10 and it formatted a 64 gb sanDisk as Fat32 for me awhile back ??