Ultra rugged Kyocera phones,GPS smartphones ..my guide

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by PDX Alamo, Feb 19, 2017.

1. White Raven

White Raven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    l just came home from Cell Shop, Sven, helped load apps suggested onto Duraforce XD. He also loaded free satellite booster application. l had a HD 64 disk chip installed.. Cell Shop is Amazed with options to detail screen.
    This unit is amazing so far... l ran it in truck testing for accuracy. l had speech prompt enabled, unit warned me to be careful of railway tracks.. l purposely drove opposite direction to seek reaction; It told me distance in wrong direction l was travelling, and amusingly asked me to U turn, ha...

When finished arming bike for Adventure ride, l will take photos of it mounted, seated in the "Perfect squeeze" attached to "Ram bundle" ordered from Hondo Garage... l will write final Review then, and when back from Trip, additional...

So far, This application is about to spread like wildfire to hikers. Detail shows swamp areas and trails on hiking mode all Vancouver Island and beyond...
  2. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    My wallet hates you guys.
    marbee40 likes this.
  3. White Raven

Oddometer:
    Being in Canada my cost for XD with Conversion, Taxes, shipping, HD64 Chip: is $250 phone, $120 chip, $15 google play card, without mount cost.... $385.00 total... That sure is better than a $800.00 Garmin... And has larger screen etc, etc... Don't be sad Eatmore. We still love your wallet:-)
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Whoa ! let me back up and rewind before I pull the trigger on a shiny new Duraforce Pro

What is a HD64 chip and a $120 chip ?

Are those hot rod mods ?
  5. White Raven

Oddometer:
    HD64 (sorry for short form) is a 64GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC memory card... My time line with availability to shop was slim... This phone gives me fuel stations everything... l am happy knowing l have access to multiple satellites having coverage in deep woods... It's very strong... Actually so strong when l selected "Match" it connected to neighbours flat screen....

Don't be pulling on anything:-) You want your new phone remaining shiny, ha...
  6. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A 64 GB SD card should only cost you $21. I have a pile of them for phones and GoPros's
  7. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No doubt! I don't know what happened to the price, but I gave $40.00 for this one Screenshot (7).png

and checked the price today and it went up a ton! Screenshot (9).png
    Any ideas why the raise in price?
  8. White Raven

Oddometer:
    Everything is Expensive in BC except medical. Vancouver island, fast becoming very expensive to live...
  9. PDX Alamo

Oddometer:

They make some SD cards for high speed digital photography and video with crazy read and write speeds. The Sandisk ultra is more than fast enough for a GoPro and overkill for a phone.

IMG_0495.PNG
  10. White Raven

Oddometer:
    Thank you. l know that for the second DuraForce XD to purchase. l imagine mine has crazy speed now ha. l want to thank you for letting us know about phone, details to make it happen. l been playing with options learning what l can. Sven said l can pair it with my l phone also bur no need... l am so excited waiting for "Perfect Grip" with mount...
  11. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks a lot, you just cost me $24 :thumb

Amazon is now collecting sales tax for Oklahoma. :(:
  12. NotiersFrontiers

NotiersFrontiers Crazy Adventure Man

Oddometer:
    So what is a "good" price for pro people are finding on Ebay...
    I see a Duraforce E6560 that fits my budget a little better, is this still a good unit for an around the world GPS unit?
  13. White Raven

Oddometer:
    l'm happy with XD. Becoming familiar with it.... l discovered deactivated roads that will save me 10s of hours otherwise pursued passage. Don't know about E6560....
  14. NotiersFrontiers

Oddometer:
    I bought the standard E6560 for $100, if I don't like it for the GPS needs I will upgrade and give it to my wife as a MP3 / audio book player..
    I hope it works so I can get away with a $100 GPS.
  15. PDX Alamo

Oddometer:
    I used it for years no problem, whatsoever although the touch screen with gloves got better with newer models. You'll be good to go
  16. PDX Alamo

Oddometer:

My pleasure maybe I need to buy em all up and open my own store on eBay. Haha
  17. White Raven

Oddometer:
    l just looked it up and it seems sweet... Sure Alamo. Being in Trumpland, you can afford buying them up, install the apps, seat them in new "Perfect squeeze" and advertise them. With right advertisement you could make couple hundred each...

Had l seen a advertisement with those options, would have paid $500 Canadian for setup...
  18. NotiersFrontiers

Oddometer:
    Thanks again for doing all the work and providing good cheap alternative options!
  19. PDX Alamo

Oddometer:
    IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0476.JPG

I'm to busy "testing" the new Duraforce Pro in Baja to worry about all that EBay work , it's tough but I do it for all of y'all.
    TreasureState, LM15, marbee40 and 6 others like this.
  20. Tripped1

Tripped1 Welp

Oddometer:
    OK so these push pins.

Can someone elaborate one what/where they are all I saw was a hacked up mock up. Stongly considering moving to a Kyocera because I am frigging done with mini-USB and I don't have a ton of faith in wireless charging.