Understanding KTM 690 FI error codes

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Singletrack_mind, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Singletrack_mind

Singletrack_mind Cave Man

Oddometer:
    I have recently bought a 2008 690, and am getting to know the bike. One thing I can't figure out: The Fuel Injection (FI) light appears to be trying to tell me something but I can't translate it's code. When running, and in neutral, it will flash a sequence of 8 flashes, then pause, then 8, then pause, and continue until I put the bike in gear. Then it goes solid and stays on until the next time I shift back into neutral, then it reverts to flashing.

8 flashes I can find in the owner's manual, but nowhere can I find a reference to what it means when the lamp remains steadily lit. Anyone know?

Bike runs fine, gives no other sign anything is wrong. This pattern has not happened every time I've ridden the bike, but probably 75% of the time over three weeks or so.

Thanks!
  2. Singletrack_mind

Oddometer:
    Rarely is the ADV so completely silent . . . I'm wondering if I'm asking this question in the wrong place?
  3. tonykof

tonykof Dinosaur Tamer

Oddometer:
  4. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    have you tried "#8-check throttle grip sensor"? where"input signal from throttle grip too high or low"whatever that means, maybe one of the adjusters is too loose/tight
  5. Singletrack_mind

Oddometer:
    Yeah, 8 flashes would indicate the throttle sensor. Nothing seems wrong with the throttle sensor & it's connections. Friends who have these bikes tell me random error codes are quite often the result of contact issues, and as I've gone over the bike for one thing and another, I've separated, cleaned and greased a lot of connectors, but it hasn't changed this behavior. ("greased" meaning with dielectric grease)
  6. Singletrack_mind

Oddometer:
  7. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    I think the FI light stays lit when the bike is in gear and there is an error somewhere in the electrics. To find the error code the bike needs to be in neautral.

but dont quote me on that :D
  8. shank

shank Shank950

Oddometer:
    G'day.
    Can someone please help me out with a

"BLINK CODE" Issue.
    9 Long and 4 Short Blinks.
    Manual states - DBW Stopping, Control A

I get DBW is Drive By Wire. as for how to fix or what to look for, I am at a lose. any help great fully accepted.

Thanks
    Shank